• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Brass

Helmet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2012
Central California
I can't get Lapua brass in 7mm08 so I think I'm going to give the Nosler brass a try. Comments? Experiences? Wisdom?

Re: Nosler Brass

I ordered nosler brass for a 6.5x284 and 264 win mag and was very pleased with the quality, very uniform and consistent. They are weight sorted but it is for each individual box, so two different boxes will probably be different in weight. All were trimmed to the proper length and primer are great. I only have 1 reload on them so I don't know about longevity yet. I don't think it's quite as good as lapau but I do think it's better than norma, just my opinion.

Nosler is better than Lapua with out a doubt. It's the best I've ever used. Pricey tho

I used some for 30-06 loads and thought it was great brass.Take it out of the box,verify it fits the headspace gauge, measure length(just to be sure),prime and load.Really nice brass.

In 7mm08 Nosler isn't that expensive. It's the same cost as Nosler 308 brass. Many of the other calibers cost more and you only get 25 brass instead of 50 brass, but I can rationalize getting the 7mm08 brass. I like the idea of it being sorted by weight, cleaned up, etc. and having more Quality Control. At $20 more per 50 than the Winchester I'm currently using it might be worth it. Sounds like it's pretty good stuff from the comments I'm reading. I might need to get a different bushing for my Wilson Die though as I think the Nosler is thicker than the Winchester.

Just shot some today and liked them a lot more than the winchester I have been shooting. Flash holes were deburred and all. The only thing I noticed was that the primer pockets were surprisingly tight.

My experience was not so peachy with 300WM brass...The first lot I received was great with heavy walled brass then 4 months later I bought more 300wm...Weird thing was that the new brass was 30 or so grains lighter than the original lot. Plus there was absolutely no resistance on seating primers...I was not comfortable shooting these even the first time and my load would not have been anywhere near right with brass that light...Maybe they have fixed the issue but on a positive note they were trimmed, chamfered, deburred, sized, and weighted to the nearest 1/10th grain...that really help me out...............................

Earlier tonight I started prep on my first run with Nosler cases in .243 Win, they seem to be good cases so far.

Neck turned them to thin out the high spots, didn't have to take much off as they were pretty consistent.

Anyone know who makes the cases for Nosler?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetsurgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know who makes the cases for Nosler?
</div></div>Nobody knows for sure. At least nobody that's sharing. Lot's of rumors and guesses though. Nosler gives the impression that their is more than one company that makes them, and then Nosler handles all the quality control. I hope mine aren't made by the people that made the batch SuppressorJunkie got. I'll find out in a few days.

I picked up a box of nosler 308 while waiting for my back ordered lapua brass to come in. I have to say the box I have is awesome.

Im at 11x fired and still haven't trimmed them yet. And they weigh out just as good or better than lapua.

I have some 7mm saum nosler and it seems to be ok but nothing like the 308 brass. Its probably made in two different factories after reading this thread

I have been using Nosler 30-06 brass for my 338-06 for 10 years. It has held up well through 10 plus loadings on all cases. I have recently purchased properly headstamped 338-06 brass from Nosler. I haven't tried any of it yet, but did weigh the cases and they were very consistent.

Norma does make some of their bras, but I'm not sure which calibers.

I use Nosler brass in my 260 and 223...also have Lapua in both calibers.

No issues with brass length or primer pocket depth in the 223 as some on the interwebs have had, and no issues with weak primer pockets on the 260.

I had a primer fall out on a piece of Nosler 260 brass the other day.
Oh, the brass was 4 years old and had at least 8 firings of pretty stout loads on it.
I use Nosler for 7MM08, 260 and 300WM and have been very happy with it.

Anyone had any experience in using Nosler brass in .338 LM?! Its running at 54$ per box of 50 cases (out of stock atm). From reading here, their quality on other cases seems to be really good, just woundering about the quality of the .338?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a primer fall out on a piece of Nosler 260 brass the other day.
Oh, the brass was 4 years old and had at least 8 firings of pretty stout loads on it.
I use Nosler for 7MM08, 260 and 300WM and have been very happy with it.
</div></div>

Good Im glad for you...I have definitely been burned...and it wasnt just one or two, the entire lot was DOA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shadow0341</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone had any experience in using Nosler brass in .338 LM?! Its running at 54$ per box of 50 cases (out of stock atm). From reading here, their quality on other cases seems to be really good, just woundering about the quality of the .338? </div></div>I can't answer your question, but 50 cases for $54 of Nosler 338 LM sure sounds like a sweet deal. Are you sure it's not 25 cases? Where is this?

ArmchairElite, I just checked again to make sure, and you were right, its for 25 cases not 50. it took a little while to update the count once you choose the cartrdge for the brass, my mistake. Though even at $54 for 25, its a little cheaper than Lapua brass and if its the same quality that people have been having with their other brass, could be a good replacment. Lapua brass comes out at around $2.70-2.80 per with nosler coming in at around $2.10-2.20 per, average of .60 cents savings per.
www.nosler.com is the website

-Branden

I think you're right in that it still looks like the best deal for Nosler. Powder Valley has Lapua for $252 per 100 http://powdervalleyinc.com/. With 7mm08 at $43.50 per 50 cases of Nosler it makes me think twice about ever wanting something more powerful.

I got my 7mm08 brass yesterday. I haven't loaded any yet, but the few I measured were very consistent and they have obviously been cleaned up. They seem like they were worth the extra money so far.

Question from a Newb: why not just buy Lapua 308 and then neck down to 7mm?

It would actually be easier to neck up Lapua 260 brass, but for me at least the answer is still because I'm lazy. As good as my Nosler 7mm08 brass is I will probably never feel a need to unless the quality changes.