• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Brass

Bulldog8b

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2020
San Diego, CA
Anybody know why Nosler brass is so expensive? It seems like it's at least the price of Lapua, if not a little more sometimes. Is it that good?

There are two grades of Nosler brass; bulk and premium. The bulk brass comes in plastic bags. The premium comes in padded boxes.

The premium brass is:

"weight-sorted to provide consistent measurements and capacities for accurate loads and features a Nosler head-stamp. Before shipment, Nosler chamfers and deburrs the case mouths and deburrs the flash hole."

Reactions: cruze5
i've loaded 223 brass straight out of the box with Nosler Custom (box)
i know that is frowned upon typically. but it worked perfectly

Meh, what are you doing with it? I keep to Lapua if it's a match, but really DGAF otherwise. I load .300WM in Winchester brass (not known for being exceptional), and it's on rails.

IMHO if it's near the price of Lapua I'd go Lapua. Unless you're shooting BR I would not stress a whole lot.

Meh, what are you doing with it? I keep to Lapua if it's a match, but really DGAF otherwise. I load .300WM in Winchester brass (not known for being exceptional), and it's on rails.

IMHO if it's near the price of Lapua I'd go Lapua. Unless you're shooting BR I would not stress a whole lot.
It's not for competition or anything, but it is for a rifle I've tried to make as accurate as possible. The problem is I haven't been able to find Lapua 223 brass in stock anywhere but a lot of places have Nosler so I was curious.

I would go Norma without a second thought. Starline 5.56 Brass is also excellent.

edit: Yes I've used and sectioned Nosler brass. Uniformaty is pretty good, but primer pockets seam to be softer than Norma or Starline 5.56

Here you go. They are a new vender on here. I've ordered from them including this Norma & they are GTG.

Hard to beat this deal on Norma primed/not staked 223. They also have 100 for $36 if you don't need this much.