• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

nosler custom comp

shooter.dm

Minuteman
Aug 22, 2011
Magee Mississippi
Is anyone have problems with the nosler custom comp 155 in .308? I loaded some and went to try them out today and its was to say lil it was bad . No matter what the seating depth was it would not shoot under 2 and ahalf in. Im using Cfe 223 powder and br 2 primers hornady match brass . My howa shoots .75 in groups with Berger but was trying to find something cheaper to shoot and found the nosler custom comp and wonted to give them a try. Any ideas?

Re: nosler custom comp

I've never tried the 155gr but I have had decent results with the 168 and 175 custom comp but I ran them with varget in a rem 700 sps varmit 24" barrel 1-12 twist .If I remember correctly they'd hold moa but nothin special and didnt like much jump

I would also recommend Varget. I use 46 gr's for the 155 A-max and shoot them .005 off the lands.

I have a savage M10 that is giving me 5 shot dime sized groups @ 100 yards with the Berger 155.5 Fulbore. I picked up a box of the Nosler 155 CC to try as well (literally less then half the price of the Bergers so why not) and the also gave me 5 shot dime sized groups @ 100yrds. I am using 44.5 grs of Varget Black Hills Ammo brass (rumored to be Win Brass) Federal GMM primers they are 20 thousandths off the lands. I know have of 1000 of the Nosler bullets and will be running them till they are gone. Figured @ $20 a box I couldn't say no.