• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Custom Competition pills, do you get what you pay for?

Sonic Crack

Desert Tech Solutions
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2011
Wellington, Ohio
m.facebook.com
I'm not a fan of anything Hornady. I know tons of people love the shit out of AMax's and there BTHP's. I've checked weights on AMax's before and have had .5 grain difference in weight from the ten bullets that I checked out of one box. I think that leaves a lot to be desired from a "match" bullet. Especially when I check weights on another brand "hunting" bullets and only get .2 grain difference in weight.

Has anyone checked the weights and or ogive to base length on any of these CC pills, any caliber? There cheap enough and always seem to be in stock. Thinking of trying them out.

less consistent than sierra - yes, you do get what you pay for - but IMO a better value than pull down

I don't know about all of Nosler's Custom Competition line, but their .224 diameter 77 grain bullets certainly give Sierra's 77 gr SMK's and Hornady's 75 gr BTHP (I don't do 75 gr A-Max's in a AR) a good run for their money, in the accuracy department.

As far as weight differences, I just checked 10 random bullets out of a 500 bullet lot I got today of Nosler CC 77 gr. factory blems, and 2 were 77.1 grains, the other 8 were exactly 77.0 grains. Close enough I'd say....

I hate these discussions. They end up in more competition to beat trying to buy the 168 .308 blems and the 77 grain .224 blems.

If you buy them off the Pro Shop make sure you use the military or first responder discount (assuming it applies) and save another 10%.

I'll be shooting the 105 CCs next spring once I get my 2nd 6 Creed back from Chad, you can count on a report if they do or do not shoot well, it wont take long, I already have a load for the 105s. FWIW, they didn't shoot so well in my current 6 Creed, why, maybe they didn't like the throat or whatever, my next 6 Creed will have a shorter throat, and I didn't shoot them with H4350, that might be IT right there.

They've shot VERY well out of my ARs. Esp the 69 and 77gr pills.

As mentioned, rivaling the SMKs

As far as weight differences, I just checked 10 random bullets out of a 500 bullet lot I got today of Nosler CC 77 gr. factory blems, and 2 were 77.1 grains, the other 8 were exactly 77.0 grains. Close enough I'd say....

This is good to know, I just checked weights on some of the Nosler bullets I have and there spread was .3-.4 grains

I've had pretty good success with Nosler CC's. I shoot the 123 gr, 155gr, and 175 gr pills. For the price, I haven't noticed a major difference in accuracy.

I used them in 30 cal and they performed identical to the same bullet offered by Sierra. I do have some of their 168 7mm cc but haven't used them since my rifle likes the Amax. Just looking at the 162 Amax compared to the 168 cc I would guess that it is down a good bit in the BC department.

Run the 155 Palmas in my a3g, when i got my shit wired tight they will bughole in the .2s. Routinely get groups under 1/2 moa out to 600 and have shot some pretty decent groups at 1150 with them. Granted at 1150 wind was nil or groups showed some horizontal spread that was a up tick in wind. Just the other day stacked 10 rds into 2 7/8"@550. Best group at 100 was a 20 shot that measured .715", and 19 rds were in .589". All shooting done from a harris and beanbag or rabbit ear sandbag from the prone.

I have used the 77 grain ears with very very good results and I just tested the 190s in my .30-06 load, they shot 1/4 groups at 100 yards. Now I will test that at 300 for groups and if that's good to go its time to load up in bulk! Cheaper than Sierra and available unlike Hornady, I will continue to use them. Now only if they would make a 210 .30 cal!

I shoot the 77gr CC's in my AR's. I have no idea on the weight though because I have never been one to worry about a weight variance as long as they shoot good. That said I've shot them out to 800 yards and they are very accurate and consistent on target, every bit as accurate as SMK's for less money.

The Nosler 168CC are great bullets. Tested some on a runout gauge and they were only a hair worse than bench rest (BIBs). 42.5 gr of 8208 gave excellent results 1/2" - 3/8"

I just got back from the range tonight. I shot a 10 round test load using some 175 Nosler CC's. Two 5 shot groups out of a new GAP 10 gave me .38" & .43" @ 100 yards. 40.3 of AR COMP in BHA brass with a Fed. 210 primer.

I shot 2- 5 shot groups a few days ago with the same rifle using Nosler 155 CC's. The two groups measured .54" & .56". 43.0 grs. of AR COMP in Hornady brass.

Nosler match bullets shoot well. They work.

I've put quite a few 140gr CC's through my 6.5 Creed but good results. They are cheaper than amax's but my rifle seems to like the Amax's better.

I would try the CC's and see if your rifle likes them better.

Last edited: