• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Custom Competition...

Judd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
DFW
I am going to start messing with my 6.5 Creedmoor and get a load worked up. I saw these bullets and their BC is higher than the Amax's (140gr) and thought about trying them. They aren't Barnes money and within a dollar or two of the Amax.

Anyone used them and do they like'em?

Re: Nosler Custom Competition...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Judd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to start messing with my 6.5 Creedmoor and get a load worked up. I saw these bullets and their BC is higher than the Amax's (140gr) and thought about trying them. They aren't Barnes money and within a dollar or two of the Amax.

Anyone used them and do they like'em? </div></div>

I love 'em in .308. I haven't tried them in 6.5 though. I use 120/123 SMK in 6.5 and am having a world of problems getting the 6.5 to shoot sub MOA.

I have personally had some issues with the Nosler Custom Competitions in 308 with being very inconsistent in overall length. I have spoken to Nosler and they had me send the bullets back to them and upon inspection they agreed that they were way out of spec. I may have gotten a bad batch and when they send me the new ones hopefully they are more consistent.

Nosler Thread

As Hihgbinder posts, I love them in a .308.

I have a friend that's shooting them in a .260 that loves them.

.I have had several 308 that like them over varget, 2 700s and a trg. Going to try them in my trg 260 when ever I get around to putting it together.

Edit: what 6.5 ncc are you talking about? the 140 ncc has a bc of. 529 where the amax is. 585. These are the published bc.

Thanks skog...I clicked and read the wrong one and was looking at the BC of the 123's and not the 140 on the Amax.

Well I guess that settles it then...everything points toward Amax.

I think the. 510 bc of the 123 ncc is grossly overstated. The 123 amax is. 395 and the berger 120 BTHP is 453 IIRC

More good info...thanks!