• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

nosler custom copetittion bullets?

gyr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2006
EU
I wonder if anyone has tried them,. the price is good.??

thanks

especially looking at the 30 cal 168 grains, and 6,5.cal 140 grains

Re: nosler custom copetittion bullets?

I switched to the 69s and 80s for XTC when Sierra joined the mile high (price) club. Didn't even have to change the load.

Some say they are the same as the Sierra's in profile. I like them a lot. I haven't done any comarison between the two, ( don't think I'm a good enough shot to tell) but I will definatelly keep using them. Maybe Sierra will bring their price down. I'm sure they have lost lot's of buisness because of that.

I shot the 140's out of my 6.5x284, at 1k. No problems, cheap bullets that preform very good. I did notice accuracy differances between Nolsers and Sierras, but they are a very good bullet, price wise also.

Thanks everyone for the replies.- I will give them a try.

I ran a couple of hundred of the 77 grain through one of my .223s and they shot really well.

I bought 2K of the .308, 155 grain and they don't shoot nearly as well out of my DPMS .308 as the Lapua Scenars do, but, I haven't tried them out of my bolt gun yet.

I like the 52gr HPBT in my .22-250

168 Nosler HPBT's are a different profile than 168SMK's. I've found the ogive to be about .015" farther forward on the Noslers.

That being said, they are my pill of choice, MidwayUSA has them in stock last I checked and they run about $63/250.