• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nosler Match 168 Bullets Anyone?

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Glacier Valley Alaska
Found one 250 pack of Nosler 168BT match bullets for $70, sounds like a bargain especially since nothing else is available in local market and when they were, $39 for Sierra 175BTHP 100 pack.

Guess they will fly straight and the price is good but anyone used or using them?

Thanks

Re: Nosler Match 168 Bullets Anyone?

I haven't loaded my own using the noslers 168g but I've been told that winchester uses them in their match rounds (black boxes)and I have shot those out of a rem 700p and was getting 4" groups @ 500yds for 5 shots. Now I have to roll my own with the nosler projo's

I fired about 400 of the 168's and they shot fine. But did find a few blems. Couple of short jackets (no hollow point) and one that looked like it came to the end of the jacket roll, had a fold up the side of the jacket.

My Dad and I have shot thousands of these with no problems . When everyone else was shooting the 175 SMK we were buying these at 1/2 the price and pushing them at 2750-2800 FPS . It may not be the BC monster that the 175 SMK or The hotshot Lapua bullets are but seeing as how we got to shoot twice as much we were OK with that .

I got a great deal a few years ago on 1,000 of the Nosler Match 168gr. They shoot great in my .30-06 and .308. I have even started using their 155 grain match bullet for 1,000 yard shooting in my .308p.

Midsouth has 1000 of the 155 or 168 in bulk pack for 176.71. Thats about 45.00 bucks per 250. That said I shoot their 155,168's and 175's. I like them and they shot as good as SMK's to me. Donald

I did a test acouple of years ago using the same load but using my Sierras and Noslers. They printed the same. Then I shot the target using both loads and I couldn't tell which was which.

No problem switching to the Noslers. I have to do the same test as soon as I can lay my mitts on the Nosler 175's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45.308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">250 pack of Nosler 168BT match bullets for $70, sounds like a bargain </div></div>
that is not a bargain shop around and you will find them for 45-50 per 250

Well thanks but I went back the next day and the shelves were bare of all bullets. Like they say in Alaska, buy it when you see it cause they next guy will.

Must have been a couple hundred boxes of reloading bullets on the shelves at Sportsmen Warehouse that lasted less than 24 hours. Oh well, I know better but was not sure about Nolser Competition Bullets.

But the good news is, Sportsmen Warehouse say there inventory is going up and they should see good amount of reloading components coming every week now. They had 3 buggies of bullets they were putting on the shelves when I was there so lets hope. They say the dry spell is slowly coming to an end.

Looks like you can backorder the 155's at midsouth for $138/k. Helluva deal.