• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Not 1000 today, but had to share this 800 yard group.

Darkphage

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2008
Orem, Utah
Went out today and shot this group (sorry Frank not a real 5 shot group this time) from 800 yards. TRG 42 .338 Lapua /250 Scenars / 12.25 moa elevation on a 275 yard zero. (Actual aim point is the black spot below the 2 dots making up the top and lower right corner of the triangle. Interestingly, my ballistic program called for 12.17 moa, so the 12.25 nearest click would put me a hair high and it did.)

The other dot a ways to the left was the first sighter round. Fired it, verified my elevation was good, then held 2 moa right to compensate for wind.

So -- I know its REALLY hard to guess group sizes on a rock, but what do you guys think? I may be partial, but I'm feeling like it is a 2" triangle at most.

Needless to say I was happy with this shooting & the LR noobie I was with fell off his chair!

Dark

1444tbm.jpg

Looks good to me brother. Keep at it. Still can't justify the $5 a round .338. Wish it was more reasonable.