• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not a noob. Just undecided.

hairy_pineapple588

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2022
Texas
long time lurker here.

Have a 18” 308 Ar-10 with a sandman s on it currently. Moving the sandman to a ar-15 and want to buy another suppressor.

So I’m looking at the Diligent defense Enticer s or L and Deadair Nomad 30 or L. Can’t really decide between the S or L really. If you are running either give me your option and feed back on why you like it overall. How is the gas blowback?

If you are running something else on your ar10, I would love to hear about it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Dough300
long time lurker here.

Have a 18” 308 Ar-10 with a sandman s on it currently. Moving the sandman to a ar-15 and want to buy another suppressor.

So I’m looking at the Diligent defense Enticer s or L and Deadair Nomad 30 or L. Can’t really decide between the S or L really. If you are running either give me your option and feed back on why you like it overall. How is the gas blowback?

If you are running something else on your ar10, I would love to hear about it.
Thanks

Any reason you aren't keeping the Sandman S on it and getting a 556 can for your AR15('s). Are you looking for something quieter on the AR10?

What gas system length are you running?

The nomad L has significant back pressure. An L can wouldn't be my choice on an AR10.

I would look into the CGS Hyperion K for great performance, lightweight and low backpressure. It has lower back pressure than the Sandman S and the Sandman s has relatively low backpressure.

OSS 762 TI can would be great as well. Extremely low backpressure, almost zero increase in gas to the face.

Nomad 30 has more back pressure than the Sandman s but is still relatively close to the sandman. Shouldn't be a significant change and if you can tune your rifle it wouldn't likely be noticeable. It may not be very noticeable anyway.

Nomad 30 has less backpressure than the Enticer S. You'd have to do more tuning with that can to manage gas.

If you have a rifle length or rifle 1+ gas system and adjustable gas the cgs helios qd ti would be a great can. Less backpressure than the enticer s more than the Nomad 30. It should be in a range that can be tuned to sound fantastic.

OSS can for any AR style rifle. Solves a lot of the issues running a can.

I don’t have one but after seeing how much more back pressure my omega and DA can have that would be my next route I would take.

Reactions: thedude824
Any reason you aren't keeping the Sandman S on it and getting a 556 can for your AR15('s). Are you looking for something quieter on the AR10?

What gas system length are you running?

The nomad L has significant back pressure. An L can wouldn't be my choice on an AR10.

I would look into the CGS Hyperion K for great performance, lightweight and low backpressure. It has lower back pressure than the Sandman S and the Sandman s has relatively low backpressure.

OSS 762 TI can would be great as well. Extremely low backpressure, almost zero increase in gas to the face.

Nomad 30 has more back pressure than the Sandman s but is still relatively close to the sandman. Shouldn't be a significant change and if you can tune your rifle it wouldn't likely be noticeable. It may not be very noticeable anyway.

Nomad 30 has less backpressure than the Enticer S. You'd have to do more tuning with that can to manage gas.

If you have a rifle length or rifle 1+ gas system and adjustable gas the cgs helios qd ti would be a great can. Less backpressure than the enticer s more than the Nomad 30. It should be in a range that can be tuned to sound fantastic.
My ffl is retiring and letting his license go and is doing a can for cost or close to cost for me as one last item. Kinda caught me off guard. I wasn’t looking for a new can. I figured I would put the newer can on my 308 and move my sandman to the ar15’s.

Rifle length gas with superlative arms gas block.

I’ve been looking at the helio and hyperion k. Both are excellent choices.

I will say I’ve been looking for weeks and I keep going back to the Nomad. I wanted to do something besides dead air but the Cgs prices are wild as hell, and nothing really in that category has the same low back pressure and options.

Last edited:
OSS can for any AR style rifle. Solves a lot of the issues running a can.

I don’t have one but after seeing how much more back pressure my omega and DA can have that would be my next route I would take.
My sandman s runs like a song my 308. Kinda hard to leave it as it works well and is reliable.

My ffl is retiring and letting his license go and is doing a can for cost or close to cost for me as one last item. Kinda caught me off guard. I wasn’t looking for a new can. I figured I would put the newer can on my 308 and move my sandman to the ar15’s.

Rifle length gas with superlative arms gas block.

I’ve been looking at the helio and hyperion k. Both are excellent choices.

I will say I’ve been looking for weeks and I keep going back to the Nomad. I wanted to do something besides dead air but the Cgs prices are wild as hell, and nothing really in that category has the same low back pressure and options.

Nomad is great, I have a 30 and L.

The Hyperion K is fantastic on a gas gun. With rifle length and adjustable gas the helios qd ti would likely have a little bit more gas but also be a bit quieter. The helios qd ti is rather expensive. I got mine for $1200, it's truly fantastic on bolt guns and on tuned 308 and 6.5cm AR10's.

Cans are such a personal thing that I really encourage anybody with thinking about a can to go spend some time over at pew science.

Personally I have a sand man K that I run on my MWS and SR25 and I love it. I may consider an S or possibly take a shot on the LMT AT ION 30 as the seem to both be lower back pressure designs that would offer better suppression than my K.

Of for newer stuff the silencerco 46M looks pretty neat.

Reactions: longshot2000
Cans are such a personal thing that I really encourage anybody with thinking about a can to go spend some time over at pew science.

^^ This. And, there are lots of opinions about suppressors and brands. What has become illuminating to me is how much marketing comes into play with any suppressor purchase.

I have found the Nomad to be quite good, and pretty much my "go to can" for anyone shooting .308, if asked to recommend one suppressor. It solves a lot of needs, and fits firmly in the middle ground between sound suppression, ease of use, back pressure and price. When I say it is my go-to can, what I mean is: this is my starting place, and then I listen to how the customer will use the suppressor, and budget, and will go upstream or downstream from there.

There are a great many options out there, with new entrants every quarter, and innovation like never before. It is hard to make a bad decision, and you can get wrapped up in the process. Jay at Pew Science does a fantastic job of taking the mystery out of suppressor selection. My company is a sponsor of Pew Science, so I give that disclosure, but I will tell you that Jay pulls no favorites, and upsets many traditional brands who have made money on marketing what sounds cool and looks good in print.

Back pressure is seldom an issue with a 7.62 gas gun, unless the barrel is short.

I have no direct experience with Dilegent products, but am learning now, and what I see, I like. Others have mentioned OSS and CGS, which are outstanding brands and new technology. The Hyperion is one of my favorite suppressors. I am not sure I would recommend a K can, unless there is a use case that will make it more attractive.