• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NOT a sniper by pay grade or anything special

Jon Lester

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2004
Tazewell . Virginia
.Can someone direct me to a forum where no one is special? I am looking for a place where guys often shoot a couple extra shots while zeroing due to turning the knob the wrong direction. Where guys hang out that have blown a shot because they left the wrong dope on their rifle or shot 1/2 a day missing everything only to discover loose base screws. I am looking for the guys who have gotten to the range only to discover something important left at home, Where do the guys hang out that are driving brass out of a chamber in the spring because they developed a killer load in January and now it's a "little" hot. This place is for guys have knocked over rifles, bumped scopes, tipped over spotters and dropped binos. Where are all the guys that routinely blow the great group of 5 by letting the pressure pull #5 ½” out? I guess I am just looking for a place to ask "What’s the best way to get mud out of the end of the barrel?" and get an experienced answer. If you find this place, please don’t take the name “Gutshot308norma” as I want it.

Re: NOT a sniper by pay grade or anything special

Yesterday morning I crawled through some grass and spent the rest of the day digging cactus out of my elbows, knees, butt, and hands, and still didnt close enough shoot the antelope I was stalking.

Does that qualify me for your new site.

I left my scope still doped for the ridge at mammoth, then the next day my first shoot was the tennis balls and with a .243 I figured life would be easy. Boy was I wrong
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I left my scope still doped for the ridge at mammoth, then the next day my first shoot was the tennis balls and with a .243 I figured life would be easy. Boy was I wrong
smile.gif
</div></div>

Want to be a Mod?
laugh.gif

Who've shot half of a 6 six shot stage with your turrets one full turn off.

Few months ago I took out my new Grendel (AR platform) and left all the mags at home (45 mins away). Obviously it was the shortest shooting trip ever.

Anyone shot their chrono?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone shot their chrono?</div></div>

Well, uh, since you asked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ARFCOM.. they will love you </div></div>

You beat me to saying it .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone shot their chrono?</div></div>

Well, uh, since you asked...
</div></div>

I have an old Pro Chrno for sale with a 7mm hole near the top where the screen USED to be, and most of the top surface missing!.......Cheap!

Ive got my alpha chrono with 2 .243 bullets in it lol. It still works but the muzzle blast from the rifles still knocks the steel rods out as well as the sunshade, so I have to reset it every few shots.

Jon Love to be a mod lol.

Uh, I seem to remember buying my buddy a new chrony after I shot his to death years ago.

Ever run over a M249 with a 1025?

I tripped going into a tent and busted my spotting scopes retention ring.... what is my pay rate for mod ?

I won't publically admit anything of this sort, but....

About a month ago I needed up 4 for a shot at two coyotes...after missing both of them, and the gratuitous "now WTF was that?", I saw that the up 4 had somehow mysteriously become up 6.

Both shots 10" over their backs slicker than shit.....

Can't recall ever knocking over a rifle, but my wife has knocked my rifle over, with me in the room....I still love her, mostly.

Yeah, I've cleaned a rifle the night before a range session, and went to the range without the bolt....good thing it's a short walk back to the house.

Being perfect is tough to do........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Yeah, I've cleaned a rifle the night before a range session, and went to the range without the bolt....good thing it's a short walk back to the house.

</div></div>

Been there I store most of my guns with the bolt out of the action, went to the range took out my case got it out everything all set up. When I reached for the bolt to load it....I realized I left something at home. Sat there with a puzzled look for a bit though.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, I've cleaned a rifle the night before a range session, and went to the range without the bolt.....</div></div>

Drove 1206 miles from colorado to minnesota, got to the hunting shack, unpacked, slept great, woke up the next morning to get ready and...sheeeiit...Bolt? I'd forgotten the whole rifle!
smirk.gif
haha In a hurry I had grabbed the hard case with ammo boxes inside lending to a realistic feeling weight and threw it in the car...but the rifle was still in the closet!

Love the post man! Great, real life, real person stuff. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Oh one more, it once took me 4 rounds adjusting the turrets before I realized the rounds hitting the dirt were getting closer to me...not the prairie dog...

Wife looked at me strange when I started laughing reading about the chronys! Made my night finding this post.

I once drove half an hour to a shooting spot and discovered I had forgotten my rifle.

I have knocked my rifle over. The scratch in the barrel is a reminder of being careless.

I've been out to ranges with reactive targets out to 1k yards. I have forgotten to dial the scope in several times when switching to a different target at another distance. Afer two or three shots wondering why I can't hit it, I realize my mistake and hope nobody around me noticed.

early morning rise, 2 hour drive and after set up, I remembered where the detachable magazine was - back home!

filling my chargemaster, and dumping it through the drain knob.

double checking to ensure myself I have my box of reloads before leaving,, only to discover they were the wrong boxes during setup.

Went to the range to zero my 10/22 and my FN SPR. Reached in the range bag and realized I forgot all my 10/22 mags. Fine, I'll shoot the .308. Reach in once again, and I forgot all my ammo for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyone shot their chrono? </div></div>

Ive shot 3 chrony's "all" owned by my employer but paid for by me as I killed them and replaced them. I turned up to the range this year with 50 hand loaded rounds-minus primers!
shit happens

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, I've cleaned a rifle the night before a range session, and went to the range without the bolt.....</div></div>

Love the post man! Great, real life, real person stuff. Glad to know I'm not the only one!
</div></div>

No, you're not the only one....anyone not with a similar story to any of ours here is either a gutless wonder afraid to post it, or they are a damn liar.

Here's a follow up, and possibly one for the Top Ten....

HPIM2778.jpg

HPIM2773.jpg

HPIM2775.jpg

I, and then "we", could NOT figure out why a new M4 was key holing 55 grain FMJ's on the first range session with some load tests. Previously some bulk factory stuff had shot pretty good, and I was trying to dupe the load. The reloads held no discernable "group" with most of them scattering all over the target hitting keyhole, some missing completely, and some actually hitting nicely near the point of aim. That range session baffled me to the point I went home to see what was wrong mechanically with the rifle. After finding nothing out of whack with the rifle, and noone else I talked with having a clue as to why...I loaded up some more of the exact same test and went back to shoot a couple days later, here on our private range.

Now understand that where I get only 100 yards without several hundred yards of free bullet flight after hitting the paper, the target frame is set on the side of a slope, with a goodly sized bump in the ridge just behind it. The side slope from bench to target, which is actually cow pasture, "rolls" along with small high spots and dips in it.

Upon setting up exactly like I had done before I walked out to hang some paper. As I trudged along looking at the ground, still pondering the "problem", I came to one of those "high spots" in the hill side......there was a nice, freshly dug, groove in the grass/dirt inline with the target frame and the bench.

My initial dumbass reaction was, Huh, WTFH did THAT?

For those who ain't got it yet, the first range session was skipping bullets off of the very top of this high spot in the ground...I had randomly placed the target frame in just the wrong spot to make it happen. I didn't notice anything due to the grass being a little more than ankle deep, and it had been raining....so, no dust either.

Some of the rounds had hit hard, likely the misses. Some had just barely hit, likely the key hole rounds. And, some had tracked right through the groove, likely the ones that hit the target like they should.

No, you are not alone..........

I have to say that I have done just about everything listed on this page and I used to do a lot more but since I have been on this site it has gotten better as I have read others experiences and learned. I have learned more on this site in the past couple of years than I could ever have learned by just going out with my group of friends. If nothing else this site is therapy to know that I am not alone in the world with a "gun issue." Good thread - thanks now I can learn more stuff that others have done.

I had a S&B 5-25x56 double turn that I zeroed in the "yellow window". I used it this way for well over a year. No doubt it proved I could get by with a single-turn.

Shot a Chrony- check.

Forgot the correct ammo on a range trip- check.

No powder in a case and no rod to dislodge the primer rammed bullet- apparently didn't check (only once though!)

I think that's enough to join your forum. I don't want to vie for your administrator role.

Put my Millett DMS 1-4x in it's nice new American Defense mount. Slapped on the Magpul buis. Boresighted it in my living room. Take it off and put it back on to check zero. Seemed fine. Played with it for another 1/2 hour.
Loving life!
Knew I was going shooting later in the afternoon, too!
Rifle bag? Check.
Mags? Check
Ammo? Check
Rifle? Check
Range bag? Check
Get to the range ready to peel Zombie Killer out of her case and just impress the SHIT out of people!
Well it looked kind of retarded when I called my wife, asked her one question.
Her reply was:

"Yes. The big scope thingy is right on the couch where you were playing with the gun. Why?"

Yeah, I'm in that forum like muddah fukkah...

Back in high school( some time ago) I went to the range with some friends from school. We had a great day at the range. Packed everything up and left the range. Got home and my dad asks " so where are the guns,son?"
Anyone ever leave there guns back at the range?
That took some time for my dad to forgive me for. We did get them all back.

I go to the store needing hunting new boots. After I find my style and size, I pull one out and try it one. It fits and I'm in a hurry, so I throw it back in the box and check out. That weekend, I drive 12 hours to the hunting grounds and crash for the night. Everyone is up eating breakfast when I stumble in the kitchen with my gear. After I eat, we're all suiting up to start the season off, when I realize that there are two left boots in the box. You could hear the laughter two counties over. To add insult to injury, no-one had a spare set in my boot size. I got creative and found my uncle had a pair of pack boots that fit once I removed the liners. I now ALWAYS try on both or verify that both are in the box before leaving the store.

Oh, and I found out that you can replace the two-piece metal rods that hold the sun screen on a Chrony Beta-Master with a cheap metal rod (of similar diameter) bought at Home Depot. Don't ask why I now know that......

heh, i'll do you one better... i've done almost all these during matches

shoot a couple extra shots while zeroing due to turning the knob the wrong direction. <span style="color: #FF0000">check</span>

blown a shot because they left the wrong dope on their rifle <span style="color: #FF0000">check - kept me from cleaning the TVP short course last summer</span>

or shot 1/2 a day missing everything only to discover loose base screws. <span style="color: #FF0000">check - 3x1000 at ORSA, match scores went from master to expert to sharpshooter, didn't figure out why until i got home</span>

gotten to the range only to discover something important left at home, <span style="color: #FF0000">check, if ammo and guns count</span>

Where do the guys hang out that are driving brass out of a chamber in the spring because they developed a killer load in January and now it's a "little" hot. <span style="color: #FF0000">haven't done this one yet</span>

This place is for guys have knocked over rifles, bumped scopes, <span style="color: #FF0000">check - '11 steel safari, ugh</span>

tipped over spotters and dropped binos. <span style="color: #FF0000">check - juniper swamp match in hurricane irene, wind blew leupold mk4 over and landed on eyepiece</span>

blow the great group of 5 by letting the pressure pull #5 ½” out? <span style="color: #FF0000">check</span>

"What’s the best way to get mud out of the end of the barrel?" and get an experienced answer. <span style="color: #FF0000">well, i run a suppressor, so i normally get mud in the suppressor</span>

I once had a scope come loose mid match, noticed the reticle sliding into more of an X type of configuration. Called a block over who handed me a allen wrench, so i realligned it, tightened it and decided to retighten the rings as well, he gets me a torque wrench. I of course didnt check or ask the inch pound on the wrench and gave it a torque expecting it to slip, well it slipped alright, snapped the clawfoot in half! had to finish the remainding 10 minutes with the guy in the next firing order's gun.

yes I'm retarded. can I be a member to this new wonderful site?

Let's see:

I had to retire from a match, including cutting the charging handle off my rifle so that I could clear it, cause ?:

Accidentally mixed a Neck Sized piece of brass into the gas gun, in the middle of a string it didn't close so I forced it... Reload issue - check

Got out to the range with a bunch of ammo ready to do a ladder test on seating depth but forgot to bring the hand press for changing the seating depth: check

Rev out: Blew a whole stage in a match that dropped me from top 3 to 6th.

Slipped during a transition from a vehicle mid-stage and slammed my muzzle into the dirt and knicked the crown:

Check.

Blew up a case by loading a 178 Amax in a box full of 168's. It was a loose bullet that I didn't bother to weigh/measure but assumed.

Very stupid mistake, done.

My match buddy borrowed a scope from me, we threw it on the front of his rifle and in our haste forgot to torque the cross-bolt down. His rifle shot like a 2.5 MOA shotgun on the last stage. Hi rifle but my mistake. It cost him a clean on the course.

Check.

Hi John, can I be part of your forum too?

If you don't make mistakes, you aren't shooting. I have done most of them.

Worst one I have seen was a guy loaded his own ammo and had .264 bullets mixed with .25 bullets for his 25-06. Had 2 rifles blow up before he gave up reloading. I found his problem when he gave me all his supplies. He doesn't even own a .264 caliber.

I had 2 boxes of bullets that were supposed to be 7mm 180 grn. They were 168grn. Never gave it a thought until I was shooting a match and was all over the place with a very proven gun and load. Ended up having 180s and 168s randomy mixed together.

Forgot things, knocked stuff over, wrong turret adjustments. Going for a first shoot 1000 yard hit on steel. Was adjusted for 1600 yards, " I didn't see a hit, try again."

All kinds of stuff, just make sure to be safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mega</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Well it looked kind of retarded when I called my wife, asked her one question.
Her reply was:

"Yes. The big scope thingy is right on the couch where you were playing with the gun. Why?"

</div></div>

I can hear the conversation exactly, tone and all! haha My wife calls it the same thing, playing. It's like they think we're little kids or something! ...ok so maybe I do occasionally strap on a single action army and practice my quick draw in front of the tv...leave me alone!

I have to admit I've gone to the range without a magazine for the AR--and had to load one at a time. Went without ammo. Forgot various pieces of gear/targets/guns I wanted to shoot.

I went hunting without my range finder, and had to really work to range an elk with a SFP scope that due to conditions could not be used at max magnification. Also forgot my binos that day, but my hunting partner had his, thankfully.

I use these slip-ups as opportunities to improve my process for packing my gear.

Have I shot a chrony, No.
--actually haven't had a chronograph to shoot over, yet, but looking forward to the day that I get one.

Have I left critical components at home/elsewhere, No
--I have such a bad memory (from the accident) that I actually do have a checklist AND a wife who's going there with me. She also goes over the checklist after she's helped me load the vehicle. Double-redundancy works! (Prior to having her in my life, I've just been lucky, I guess.)

Have I screwed up a handload and missed/forgot to put powder it a round, Yes.
--That was the day I learned that a primer in a .357mag round CAN lodge a bullet into a barrel, just forward of the forcing cone. I also learned the necessity of having a non-ferrous slide-hammer in the tool kit. I just thank Jesus for the fact that I've never had to use it since. Falls into the "always ALWAYS check charged cases, TWICE, to ensure that there's a 'load' in there before seating a bullet on top. OCD? Never heard of it......
wink.gif

La peice de la Resistance.....
Have I ever had a 'brass resizing issue cause a further issue with a firearm'? (you'll notice that I've kinda rolled that "category" into one) Yes.
--You'll not believe it, but here it goes: I had first learned about George and GAP from the Roster over 10 years ago. And wanted one, ever since. Through <span style="text-decoration: underline">many</span> different dilemma's and moments of chaos, it took me until '07 to even be able to think of ordering one. You've no idea how good it felt, to be able to finally call him up and ask "Do you have a Crusader on hand (done waiting, I want something that's ready) and he says Yes. I say "I'll take it, do you accept M/C?" You get the idea from there. Through much wait and coordinating, it finally gets imported into this country ((disclaimer: NOT his hold-up at all...)) and then I got hit with YET ANOTHER crisis. Financially, I wasn't able to get any glass to put on it, for two more years. But I was being patient, cause I knew the wait was worth it.

So then, I'm finally able to get some glass for it. I load up my factory IVI 7.62, and go to the range. Had to sort out some of the premium handloads that were given to me by a very close relative. Before getting into working on a load, I wanted something "standard" just to dial it in. Apparently I'd missed one, and didn't notice it in my excitement. Shhhh.

Get to the range, get everything set up, my Lady is there and she's watching in anticipation eagerly, because she knows what a moment this is for me. I in turn do what I can to get her set up with her stick and ammo and targets because I don't want to hold her up. She ignores all that, and urges me on.

So, I finally get my stuff up and ready, load my first mag (while paying more attention to 'downrange' and whatnot, and didn't notice the last round I place in the mag WAS NOT AN IVI FACTORY ROUND.

I get into position, dry fire a few times (mostly to calm myself as I can't deny my heart is beating a little faster than normal) then I finally chamber my first round, ever, into THIS CALIBER OF FIREARM. (Calibre: meaning level of quality and precision as opposed to the used factory items I've always used prior)

Did I say chamber? I meant "almost chamber". Actually, it was more like "seize". Full stop. Halt. NEIN!!!!! Merde

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG. I pull up and back on the bolt, but there's no movement. It's so close I think "maybe if I just push it down a touch more, it'll lock and I can then pull the trigger and we'll be back in business again. Nope, that didn't work either. OK, well, we'll just pull really hard to open it up, and I'll get rid of this round (by pounding it into the ground using one of these benches as a battering ram) and I'll be rolling along.

I try and try and try, yet I can't get the bolt to budge. My Lady is right there with me, trying to calm me down. Out of desperation I see a 2 foot piece of 2x4 and think that'll work.

So my Lady holds the rifle, while I just TAP the handle with the board so slowly budge the handle up and then back. Right. Sure. Uh-Huh.....

Remember, my Lady is holding this rifle, so you know I ain't "golf-swinging" this board. The handle starts to go up! Perfect!!! Except it is not turning. I/we look closer, and the handle is breaking away from the silver-solder. Words cannot express how displeased I was at that moment.

I go sit down behind my wife's bench, and tell her to at least do some shooting, so that the range trip is not an absolute write-off. After all, it did take us an hour to drive to it.

In her usual stubborn self, she proceeds to pack up and start making trips to the car. There's no changing her mind... this is a show-stopper of the highest magnitude.

After getting home, I carefully remove the bolt, and extract the culprit round. Then get on the phone to George and explain (above) and in his detailed and responsive return diatribe says "get it to me and I'll fix it upon arrival."

I coordinate with his man up front with my M/C again, and overnight it to him.

Meanwhile, I go through Each and Every single round that I have, and separate them into two piles. Then, one pile is in one room, and the other is in another room. NEVER AGAIN WILL THESE TWO PILES MEET!

Upon receiving said bolt, it has been smooth sailing ever since. Thank you, Thank God, and Thank my lucky stars.

So yeah, I'd say that not only do I have membership in your forum there Jon, but I've a lifetime membership as well as full access to all rooms. That's how I feel, anyways.

And I also know, that the name 'Boltripper" has already been taken. From what I understand though, I'm not in that eschalon of supremacy due to the fact that for me, I've only ripped ONE bolt. Not "some".

So far,,,,
wink.gif

But come-on, really. Who can say they ripped their bolt off of their first good rifle, on the first round, after having it on hand for 2 years, after waiting nearly 10 to be able to actually order it? Really.

I worked up a load for my son’s 243 a few years back when I was new to reloading. Day one, the load was shooting well, but could be tweaked some.
Day two, grabbed the rifle, and headed out to my 100 yard range. The round chambered fine, but did not fire. I waited for a few minutes and recocked the bolt handle. The rifle fired this time, but it sounded really odd. The 243 case had split and looked torn. I looked over my loading data, went back down to the basement, verified powder and the bullet. I went back to the bench, chambered another round, and looked through the scope. I made a mental note that the magnification on the scope seemed low. At that point I paused and looked at the scope….Shit, I never put a Leopold on his rifle…Shit, this is not his rifle! I had grabbed the rifles twin…my 300Win Mag. Lesson learned!!!!! No damage was done but it sure made me take a deep breath.

Don't get me wrong, it is seriously good news that you didn't get hurt and the rifle is fine...that being said...that's pretty damn funny! haha

I shot Bohems chrono, one shot kill to boot, damn thing was a bitch to skin and tasted like hell!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Few months ago I took out my new Grendel (AR platform) and left all the mags at home (45 mins away). Obviously it was the shortest shooting trip ever.

Anyone shot their chrono? </div></div>

Parked my truck at the gate and was so sleepy that I was halfway to the deerstand before I realized my gun was still propped against the door jam at home.

The ^^^ posts bring back some fun memories! Yes, BTDT.

After 25 years of deer hunting... I finally saw buck of a lifetime at 100 yds. Put round right through the heart... but the deer didn't fall right over. So I got buck fever and went into rapid fire mode (this with Sako Finnbear Bolt action.) Of the three remaining rounds I fired, one more went into chest, one went wild.

And the fourth round took off half his rack. Blew the beam right in two. I found the other half horn 25 feet from where the buck fell.

The topper to it all was my buddy heard the shots and right after I finished firing, he was on the radio with the immortal words: "Are you through???"

This is a great thread!

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS, has anyone else walked to a deer stand by the light of a cellphone or Ipod... because they forgot their flashlight at home?

This ^^^ (ipod/cell phone) Not quite like that but was busy txtn my uncle about a deer I saw for a mins....looked back up to see a different buck walking under my stand. Stupid cell phone! Dont txt and hunt!

I shot a 100yd check zero with 400yd dope on once. Trouble was...it was at R.O, in front of Jacob and Frank, using Jacob's AW. Ever had that sinking feeling?

Cost me a substantial beer and redbull fine, plus the extended slapstick act they're known for, plus a very artistically drawn picture by Mr Bynum which was duly photographed by said gent and e-mailed to quite a few people back home. Awesome.

Thanks fellas. Really.

Here I am thinking that I'm the only one.

Groups the size of a basketball at 100 yards, Oh yeah, I was going to torque that action screw that's only finger tight.
I'll just grab the, oh shit, it's at home.

I want to buy land to build a range in the backyard, just to save time on blunders like these.

Not gun related, not cause I don't have those stories. We used to be real big into the 10.5 outlaw 1/4 mile cars. You know, 6.80 seconds at 210ish. As always we were late putting the car back together, so I came up with an ingenious idea that the better half would drive the toter home with me in the trailer putting the top half of the motor back together and we would use cell phones to communicate. She started driving somewhere in texas and we were heading to ohio. I got the heads torqued then went looking for the rocker arms. These are not a setup that anybody is gonna have either. One off cars and one off rocker arms. Apparently some of north texas has no cell phone reception. It was 6 hours before I got service and told her of the dilemna. We went to the race to watch.

PS, has anyone else walked to a deer stand by the light of a cellphone or Ipod... because they forgot their flashlight at home? [/quote]Didn't have a cellphone so I had to sit at the base of a tree in the middle of the woods until daylight so I could find my stand. I knew it was close but I just couldn't find it. No problem you say, people hunt from the ground all the time. This was bow season. When daylight finally rolled around I stood up to look around and almost hit my head on the bottom portion of my climbing stand. I had been sitting under the damn thing the entire time.

"Special" people (actual military snipers and other lauded over types) do dumb shit all the time too. Even the best of them forget to put gel in their hair before work, leave their Oakley sunglasses at home, and accidentally select Celline Dion songs on the jukebox amongst other ninjas and commandos.

Here's my story: After several hours of tedious preparation and careful attention to the set of instructions that I was given by an old Army sniper, I finally installed my NF NSX on my rifle. It took me another several months before I was able to hit the range, though (this whole time-line is important to realize how stupid I actually was). I arrived at the range with everything that I needed; ammo, hearing-pro, etc. I opened my drag-bag, pulled out my rifle, set it up to get it zero-d, pull the bolt back, and........the bolt wouldn't open.

As it turns out, I had installed the rear ring too close to bolt handle, thereby keeping the bolt from opening to load/unload or clean. After letting loose of some choice language, I talked with the guy who ran the range to see if he had some tools that I could use (yeah, I forgot to bring my dedicated gun tool kit with me). Thankfully he did. I was able to fix the problem and to shoot without having to travel the 30 minutes home to pick up my tools.

Yes, I even turned the windage dial of my new scope the wrong way ,too.

Yup, I'm a dumbass...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STRICK9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot Bohems chrono, one shot kill to boot, damn thing was a bitch to skin and tasted like hell!
</div></div>

Hahaha, I forgot about that one!