• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(not an) M1 converted to 7mm RUM w/ Pics

TigOlBitteez

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2011
Plain, WA
Have an opportunity to purchase a M1 converted to a 7mm magnum with a wood stock. A little unfamiliar to me, so does anyone have pictures, opinions or have one? What do you think?

Re: M1 converted to 7mm

Okay, I don't feel so bad about not having a clue about this. I will take a picture tomorrow.

I will ask tomorrow when I take a look at it. He said it was a M1 converted to a 7mm some custom stuff and flip up iron sights. That's all I got from him tonight. Wish I had more.

If this is in fact an M1 garand I see several problems for it. First the oprod on an M1 is very long and can be bent by using either too slow of a burning powder or too much pressure, sounds like you would have both with this. Too heavy of a bullet can also result in bent oprod. It sounds more like it is probably a M1917 (the flip up sight) or 1903. Either of these would be fine in 7mm mag. Look forward to seeing the pics.

Mccann is building a heavy hitter garand but don't think they offer it in 7mm. Money would be as above with the m1917 or 1903. Unless its a 7mm-08 which is possible. I have seen renditions of the Garand in 243, 308, 260, and 7mm-08. Also in some calibers based off the 30-06 parent case the rifle was originally designed for.

I'd be interested to see the pics. I remember seeing a company that was doing a .458 Win Mag conversion a few years ago. IIRC, it held 3+1. I read the article but can't remember much about the conversion or how they did it. Concerning a conversion, like tacticalrifleman said, the op-rod is the key.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd be interested to see the pics. I remember seeing a company that was doing a .458 Win Mag conversion a few years ago. IIRC, it held 3+1. I read the article but can't remember much about the conversion or how they did it. Concerning a conversion, like tacticalrifleman said, the op-rod is the key. </div></div>

Mccann Industries is the company your thinking of who converts the Garand into a .458 win mag.

Really don't need it. He is selling a bunch of stuff, but nothing that really seems practical. For instance, a Remington 30-06, mag fed, synth stock with Bushnell scope, a 7.62x54 (<span style="color: #990000">Not really, its actually a 8mmX56R</span>) a Russian bolt and a single shooter pistol shotgun (410/.45 long colt), as well as the M1 7mm magnum. There is a snow storm where I'm at so I may not be able to get over there tonight. But if anyone knows more about any of these I'm all ears. He said I could buy the lot for $600.

Century arms centurion P-14 7mm RUM
Not actually a M1.
2dspifp.jpg

2v1rrfa.jpg

M95 8X56R Yugoslav-czech Steyr is my guess

My previous comment was with the understanding that it was a converted Garand. The Enfield still needs some work if you want to mount a scope on it, but that Remy would come in handy if you were stuck in the woods and needed to start a fire and the only available wood was wet...maybe $100 for the lot.

TC