• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing not happy with my bedding job

glock63

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2008
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Tonight, I was bedding my Remington SPS tac into a McMillan stock that had pillars installed. Had everything prepped nice, applied the devcon, and inserted the action. I taped the action tightly into the stock in two places, near the tang and recoil lug. 4 hours later I removed the action to trim the devcon, and found I have a thin layer of devcon over the pillars themselves. Is this going to be a problem? everything else looks good, but I would prefer to have the pillars contacting the receiver.

Re: not happy with my bedding job

I'd say you're probably just fine, pillars aren't shaped like the action (the Devcon now is).

Go shoot it, that will be the real test.

No problem, unless you have curved pillars and glue them into the stock at the same time as the action most every bed job will have some bedding on top of the pillar.

I now have the A5 stock and Devcon ready and only waiting for the M5 to arrive. This will be my first ever bedding job. Wish me luck.