• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

not snipery but vintage

And here is my Winchester '07 SLR. It shoots a .351 Winchester Self Loading round.

vkUMg4h.jpg

TdEzqkC.jpg

hb4oOay.jpg

DpJk7k8.jpg

g1deHvp.jpg

gxbPYaS.jpg

And here is my Winchester '07 SLR. It shoots a .351 Winchester Self Loading round.

vkUMg4h.jpg

TdEzqkC.jpg

hb4oOay.jpg

DpJk7k8.jpg

g1deHvp.jpg

gxbPYaS.jpg

I have been looking for the "right" one for years, no luck so far. From what I understand you can use 357max brass to make 351WSL, as I don't own one never gone down that road.

For the 30 rem, a while ago Graff had 30rem brass, I have not checked after the plandemic so I don't know their stock on it. It seems the "odd" stuff is still very hard to find.

Of my two I like the 30 rem much more then 300 savage. The 300 just seems "too much" for it, where the 30 is just right. It is a good cartridge.

Reactions: ZG47A and Calfed
New installment, and a new toy.....I choose the word toy for a reason, even if it is not a toy. This is a gun.

This thing is a time capsule. As close to "New in the box" as you can get.

I have a feeling some of you are going to see this and go....well hell I never knew.

Ain't that a Daisy?

Yup, sure is.

The thought process was well the kids grow up with a Daisy BB gun, why not have their first 22 be a Daisy as well. Well it really did not go over as well as they thought it would and they did not have a very long run of them. There are several versions of them, all versions came in plastic as well as wood. A cricket before cricket. They had a single shot bolt gun, a magazine bolt gun, and an automatic. All of them are take down, you can see the nut in some of the photos. I even have the original tool for unscrewing the barrel nut.

If you ever held a 1980's Daisy BB gun this will feel just like it. The rec is made of pot metal and painted black. The same metal as their other BB guns, and the same metal that is used in other toys like Hot Wheels. 22lr is pretty low pressure so no great strength is needed.

The other thing that strikes you is, dang this is small, and really light. I hope the photos will help with my hand and the tape, but just no justice done. It is LITTLE. The wife who is 5'2" shouldered it and said this is tiny.

I really think this thing is un fired. As close to new in the box as it can be.

I generally never buy a rifle that I don't plan on shooting. I see it as it is a gun it is made to be shot, but this one I may make an excuse for, I think it will likely stay just as she is.

1686567388684.png

1686567414141.png

1686567434357.png

1686567448964.png

1686567474123.png

1686567496673.png

1686567511307.png

1686567527679.png

1686567562295.png

1686567578187.png

1686567593537.png

1686567609936.png

1686567624293.png

1686567635696.png

1686567668463.png

1686567679315.png

1686567693194.png

1686567712503.png

Handled one of them once. It's manufacturing do scream airgun. It tempted me because it was odd and they'd come and gone long ago at that point=, but they wanted way too much for it at the time. Especially since it was surrounded by wood and blued steel rifles of the 60's and 70's, priced the same or a lot less than the Daisy.

Handled one of them once. It's manufacturing do scream airgun. It tempted me because it was odd and they'd come and gone long ago at that point=, but they wanted way too much for it at the time. Especially since it was surrounded by wood and blued steel rifles of the 60's and 70's, priced the same or a lot less than the Daisy.

That is the thing with "collectables". I have seen them priced just stupid, but what "they go for". This one was just in a gun shop and priced like, well that is neat, but it is plastic, so cheap.

Box and all I know I could flip it for a good profit, but I won't. I like these old odd ducks.

I have been looking for the "right" one for years, no luck so far. From what I understand you can use 357max brass to make 351WSL, as I don't own one never gone down that road.

For the 30 rem, a while ago Graff had 30rem brass, I have not checked after the plandemic so I don't know their stock on it. It seems the "odd" stuff is still very hard to find.

Of my two I like the 30 rem much more then 300 savage. The 300 just seems "too much" for it, where the 30 is just right. It is a good cartridge.
I stock up with .351 ammo and components whenever and wherever I find them. Buffalo Arms, PCI, and Jamison have made .351 ammo in the past, but I haven't seen any since the pandemic hit. WEstern brand even turns up occasionally.

XmuXuB3.jpg

udoeMYs.jpg

wyFYpbD.jpg

You can make .351 brass from .357 Maximum brass, but you have to use a lathe to turn the rimmed .357 max case into a rimless.

My '07 WSL is not as accurate as my Remington 81's. The trigger is heavy with a lot of creep.

This is 3 round group at 50 yards with the PCI ammo. Around 2 MOA. It seemed to shoot about as well as the Buffalo Arms ammo.

YlPVBzX.jpg

Last edited:
One thing is certain, shooting these old war horses is challenging when it comes to finding ammo.

I also stock up on the .30 Remington ammo and components when I find them. Pre-pandemic, it was hard to find these items...post pandemic--impossible.

I got several hundred rounds of .30 Rem and a 200 piece bag of .30 Remington brass back in the day, along with a set of dies. 30-30 bullets can be used for reloading.

My Remington 81's are more accurate than my Winchester '07...probably, in part, because the Remington's both have the rear peep sights.

grDenC3.jpg

KRMALgh.jpg

rnWKVCR.jpg

8lbiMUt.jpg

Last edited:
One other feature of both the Remington model 81's and the Winchester '07 WSL rifles are that they are both "takedown" designs. I think this made them attractive to both the crooks and the Lawmen back in the day.

On the Remington 81, one screw to remove front handguard , which reveals a takedown lever. Here's Larry Potterfield demonstrating the feature

The Winchester '07 is equally easy...a few quick turns of the nut at the back of the receiver and away we go.

Here is Jim Greene demonstrating the procedure

One other feature of both the Remington model 81's and the Winchester '07 WSL rifles are that they are both "takedown" designs. I think this made them attractive to both the crooks and the Lawmen back in the day.

On the Remington 81, one screw to remove front handguard , which reveals a takedown lever. Here's Larry Potterfield demonstrating the feature

The Winchester '07 is equally easy...a few quick turns of the nut at the back of the receiver and away we go.

Here is Jim Greene demonstrating the procedure

The thing I love about them is how they work. A guy with a pencil and clean sheet of paper came up with this. All those little levers on the sides of the Rec are just amazing. How someone could figure that all out in their head is just amazing. That kind of mind no longer exists.

Reactions: Calfed
New installment, and a new toy.....I choose the word toy for a reason, even if it is not a toy. This is a gun.

This thing is a time capsule. As close to "New in the box" as you can get.

I have a feeling some of you are going to see this and go....well hell I never knew.

Ain't that a Daisy?

Yup, sure is.

The thought process was well the kids grow up with a Daisy BB gun, why not have their first 22 be a Daisy as well. Well it really did not go over as well as they thought it would and they did not have a very long run of them. There are several versions of them, all versions came in plastic as well as wood. A cricket before cricket. They had a single shot bolt gun, a magazine bolt gun, and an automatic. All of them are take down, you can see the nut in some of the photos. I even have the original tool for unscrewing the barrel nut.

If you ever held a 1980's Daisy BB gun this will feel just like it. The rec is made of pot metal and painted black. The same metal as their other BB guns, and the same metal that is used in other toys like Hot Wheels. 22lr is pretty low pressure so no great strength is needed.

The other thing that strikes you is, dang this is small, and really light. I hope the photos will help with my hand and the tape, but just no justice done. It is LITTLE. The wife who is 5'2" shouldered it and said this is tiny.

I really think this thing is un fired. As close to new in the box as it can be.

I generally never buy a rifle that I don't plan on shooting. I see it as it is a gun it is made to be shot, but this one I may make an excuse for, I think it will likely stay just as she is.

View attachment 8160712
View attachment 8160713
View attachment 8160714
View attachment 8160715
View attachment 8160716
View attachment 8160717
View attachment 8160718
View attachment 8160719
View attachment 8160720
View attachment 8160721
View attachment 8160722
View attachment 8160723
View attachment 8160724
View attachment 8160725
View attachment 8160726
View attachment 8160727
View attachment 8160728
View attachment 8160729
I remember seeing those in the gun rack at Kmart when they first came out. The 10/22 was king back then and I didn't see the need for something that had so much plastic and zinc cast parts.

Reactions: ZG47A
I remember seeing those in the gun rack at Kmart when they first came out. The 10/22 was king back then and I didn't see the need for something that had so much plastic and zinc cast parts.

I think a great number felt the same, this is why they died on the vine. And what makes it a really cool find.

My collecting is really all over the board, there is no theme to it, just what I like. And generally the "odder" it is the more drawn I am to it. I highly doubt this thing will see one round put through it. Only thing wrong is the "button" is screwed up. It has a slot on it, and someone tried to turn it, and screwed up the head. It is a button to make the LOP a bit longer. It is perfect aside from that. Just oil her up and let her sit to be fondled now and again.

How about a two for one, one "real" the other a "BB gun".
1687522041893.png

Bottom in the "real" gun. A 1980's version Marlin 357/38 lever. I got the crazy idea during the great 22 shortage, you know if I had one of those lever guns in 38/357 I could load it from wild to mild and get my plinking fix in and not have to worry about finding rimfire ammo. I can always get components to reload right......right.......yea right. The thing above is a Umerex/Walther CO2 Pellet rifle. The HUGE buttplate is there so it will take an 88 CO2 cartridge. Personally I don't shoot that much so I have an adapter for two 8 cartridges. Don't remember the shot count, but it is enough for me. It works like the "real thing", you need to work the lever to shoot, and the kings gate is basically a button, push it and a little door will open, you can just see the magazine indicator in read right behind the fore grip. Slip in the mag and you are good to go. Weight and feel are really close, and it is a hit whenever people come out to play. Yes, "real" wood.

The Marlin must have been carried a great deal, you can see where right along the rec. where your fingers just want to hold the rifle. Accurate enough to be fun, and depending on how you load it cheap to shoot as well. Nothing like a lever rifle, they just have that something that puts a grin on your face....too many John Wayne movies perhaps.

1687522526354.png

1687522546406.png

1687522573989.png

Reactions: ZG47A and Modoc
I am not good at taking photos, trying to change that. I posted up some photos of the "bubba" 30-40 and was working up some loads for her (sounds dirty) and her very good looking older sister, and decided to take some photos.

You all hear the story of the little old guy that passes and his wife does not what to do so she calls someplace. Or that Shelby mustang in a barn, or winged car. Well I can tell you that does exist and the place she called I worked at, and was "muscle". As a known "gun nut" I got to go. It is just like in your dreams. The kitchen drawers have gun parts in them. The entire basement is one big gun room. This was right before Y2K so a while ago, before cell phones got really popular and have cameras....at least I did not have one. The basement is full of stuff, like an armory. "full auto" stuff is sprinkled in there everywhere. The guy in charge calls the ATF, and they take away all the "bad" stuff. Nothing has paperwork. The entire lot was bought and it went back to the different stores. I was in debt to my eyeballs at the time, still racing and my only sponsor was my Visa card, Discover, and who knows what else. Took years for me to recover.

I landed on one thing, an odd thing unlike any Krag I had ever seen. I know it came out of the New York National Guard in the 30's and then it seems to have hit this guys collection.

Here she is, but first her food. SN# shows her to be a "real" carbine, but she has none of the "normal" carbine stuff. The photos don't really do her justice, she is almost Cherry colored.

1687950764330.png

1687950783608.png

1687950807012.png

1687950823908.png