• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not so new member from NY

PabloPlutarco

Senior Delinquent
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2008
    NY
    I apologize for posting before actually introducing myself. Long time lurker of this forum, and a native New Yorker (Yeah, I know what you’re going to say…”I pity the fool!”). Retired computer systems analyst, served in the NY State Guard for 20 years (granted that it was only state military, but better than no military service at all), hold a license as an Armed Security Guard, and a practicing martial arts student (karate). Consider myself to be a political Independent, because I think both political parties are each leaning in the wrong direction, but I will not be involving myself in political discussions here. I joined to gather information about rifles and shooting, period.

There's nothing wrong with choosing not to serve in the military
    Oh, I only meant that I was too old to serve in the National Guard by the time I joined. Choosing to serve in the military is not something everybody is meant to do. It’s just that there are some people who think that if you weren’t in the active military, your service isn’t worthwhile.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Oh, I only meant that I was too old to serve in the National Guard by the time I joined. Choosing to serve in the military is not something everybody is meant to do. It’s just that there are some people who think that if you weren’t in the active military, your service isn’t worthwhile.
    Everybody's service...at any level....is worthwhile. Particularly in consideration of so many who don't do squat but expect others to clean up shit storms for them.

Welcome

Last edited:
    Everybody's service...at any level....is worthwhile. Particularly in consideration of so many who don't do squat but expect others to clean up shit storms for them.

Welcome
    Thank you for the validation; it’s greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Baron23