• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

not sure how to stay in forum rules

matthias

Terminal lurker
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
bismarck north dakota
i dont have 100 posts.
how do i put the word out for parts i would like to purchase? i have nothing to sell but i would like to buy from or trade with other members. would like to continue to be a member here and dont want to break rules. so how do i ask if other members have what i am looking for, and will that be within the rules? thanks

Re: not sure how to stay in forum rules

Matthias,

Look to the bottom left of the screen where the Forum Rules link is. I don't believe one has any restriction in posting a "want to buy" subject. I believe the under 100 posts rule applies to people selling goods.

Contact any of the Moderators to be sure of course but I see nothing in the rules about people with less than 100 posts seeking to buy something.

What's a queequeg, anyway?
laugh.gif

Keep in mind posting over 10 posts per day is not allowed if you are under 100 posts. There are plenty of interesting posts on this site that you could join in to increase your post count to 100 if you wanted to be completely in the clear

matthias, I just talked to site owner, he is giving you an exemption from the 100 post rule. Sell away.

A Queequeg is a rather nice, decent, intellingent, roundish guy who is self employed and well informed, and does most of it in Florida.

One could do well to heed his comments.

Greg

blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A Queequeg is a rather nice, decent, intellingent, <span style="text-decoration: underline">roundish</span> guy who is self employed and well informed, and does most of it in Florida.</div></div>

I describe it as Offensive Tackle-ish!

Not what I thought; but that clears it up! No buying,selling, or trading in the PX unless you have 100 posts. Thanks