• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not sure if I missed it, but,,,,,,,

Broncovan

FHEC
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2009
Nampa, ID
Has anyone heard about Noveske getting out of the 7.62 business "for a bit"?

I want to get a 18" barrel w/switchblock and after looking at their site, I decided to give them a call.
I talked to one of their reps today about their website not having any 7.62 barrels/uppers/rifles. The guy was very vague and said that they were doing so much 5.56 work that they were concentrating on that line while they "made some changes" to the 7.62 stuff. He was very vague and didn't want to say much about it.

Re: Not sure if I missed it, but,,,,,,,

I am almost positive that they are still not making a switchblock for the 7.62 rifle. I asked them the same question about a year ago, and got the same vague answer. I heard that something was expected summer of 2011 but here we are..
Are you thinking of going suppressed? JP enterprises makes an adjustable gas block, but from my research it is not up the par with the Noveske switchblocks. My best advice is to get in line, and enjoy the wait..

5.56 has always been Noveske's bread and butter. I have noticed for years that they are always light on the 7.62 stuff. They seem to run it in batches. Lucky I got my 16" 7.62 barrel in the recent group buy
laugh.gif

Also, considering Armalite is coming out with the new style receivers that take SR25 style mags (Magpul), I would not be surprised if Noveske switches to that type machining.

I've been running a 762SD on a Rock River LAR-8, but want to get away from the FN mags and do a Ma-Ten build to use Pmags. I also want to have a Troy customizable style FF tube instead of a full quad rail. I've looked at the JP adjustable blocks, but I'm not really all that sold on them. I want to be able to go back and forth as easily and reliably as I can on my AR-15 build. This is becoming a real PITA.

I've seen 7.62 switchblocks on their complete uppers, but I don't want to use the Armalite style mags, so there goes that upper and rail assembly leaving me with a $1800 barrel, switchblock and BCG. I was pretty sure that I had seen some 7.62 Noveske barrels with switchblocks but their site has just about nothing showing now, so I called. I was thinking the same thing about Armalite going to the Pmag style lowers/uppers, maybe Noveske is doing the same. All I have to do is wait a year or so, or two, or three.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broncovan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was pretty sure that I had seen some 7.62 Noveske barrels with switchblocks but their site has just about nothing showing now..</div></div>

Noveske 7.62 SB upper at Rainier Arms:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2875

There might be additional offerings at Rainier.

The Paladin blocks on this link might be an alternative for those who build their own uppers:

5245424.Jpg

http://secure.adpay.com/Gun%20Digest%20M...f9-7aa20663dc35

I have one from Paladin for a different cartridge. The guy will build it however you want (2 or 3 position, slot or tab adjustment, black or stainless finish, etc), and bases it in part on the port size in your barrel. Turnaround time was ~2 weeks for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am almost positive that they are still not making a switchblock for the 7.62 rifle. I asked them the same question about a year ago, and got the same vague answer. I heard that something was expected summer of 2011 but here we are..
Are you thinking of going suppressed? JP enterprises makes an adjustable gas block, but from my research it is not up the par with the Noveske switchblocks. My best advice is to get in line, and enjoy the wait..
</div></div>

Noveske is defiantly making 7.62 switchblocks, GAP featured them at SHOT on an Armalite and GAP 10. We will begin to offer them when they are in our hands.

My bad, I wasn't at SHOT, I missed it. So any word when they might be available to the rest of us?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My bad, I wasn't at SHOT, I missed it. So any word when they might be available to the rest of us?</div></div> What I was thinking. Have two uppers I'm going to be sending to GAP in a few months for barrels, and would love to get the switchblock right off the bat.

I don't have a timeline to offer-- as soon as we receive them I'll drop the note here.