• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not sure who's side I'd be on but I damn sure want all the facts......

HeavyAssault

Dog-Face One-Horse Pony-Soldier (AVN RGT)
Minuteman
  • Feb 14, 2011
    Florida

While I hate the stupid lawsuits about spilled coffee......I'm just not sure I can find a great end with either win/loose way this could go.

If Wally World has gun-free zone nonsense, I'd sue them for THAT, because gun free zone signs kept law abiding CCW carriers from being armed who could have put an end to the psycho's killing spree. If another employee in that breakroom had a M&P Shield or a .38/.357 snubbie of some sort tucked away in a CC rig and was able to draw and get a quick drop on the mofo, the body count would most likely be limited to 1, the first poor soul that this incel freak caught by surprise. Maybe 2 at most, but not like what it is now.

Gun free zone = Target rich environment

Definitely not spilled coffee, $50 mil is a bit much though. Doubt a jury will award that much. Case is highly dependent upon if negligence from Walmart can be proved. Wally world holds the employee records, that is until those records get "lost" before they get subpoena'd . Everything else is "he said/she said" with the exception of social media posts from shooter and any possible coworker cell phone footage of shooter's antics any time prior to him losing his shit. That is if the coworkers agree to cooperate with plaintiff knowing they ain't going to get paid from this. The two ways this could go is lawsuit will either get settled out of court and swept under rug, or it will go to the jury to where whoever's lawyers can be the most convincing will win, then the jury gets to decide the actual pay out.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Most of the wally world's I've been in, in Virginia, post's a "please do not openly carry a firearm". But I still see plenty of open carry in them.

What will never be reported is the killer's last six months of interactions with FBI groomers and online leftists who encourage and support violence against innocent people to forward their leftist agenda. Nearly 100% of these types of killers are, "known to the FBI", once the investigation is complete. The FBI wants to encourage more blacks and minorities to commit mass shootings so they can show that gun ownership is bad for all races, not just whitey.

The Las Vegas mass murders were encouraged and monitored by the FBI, Nick Cruz in Florida was another FBI monitored killer and the list is nearly endless. The lack of interest in this subject by media outlets is stunning. Nearly every single time there is an act of terrorism or mass killing it is a direct result of FBI involvement and every time the FBI fails to warn local authorities. Hell even Kyle Rittenhouse was monitored from the air by FBI drones during his self defense actions. The FBI apparently had high quality audio and video and tried to hide it from the judge in the case citing "national security".

if they sued wal mart I am always behind it they keep good people from carrying there firearms while encuraging crooks to run a muck they deserve to be sued for there stupid rules ( if you create the problem you deserve the out come ) same thing should go for states that are giving driver licenses to illegals who don't drive with insurance why would they when it's free not to and they are protected from court penalties and in most cases have nothing to sue for so you with insurance loose either way .

If anything McDonald’s underpaid in that coffee case. They used to serve their coffee at 190 degrees which only takes 3 seconds to cause 3rd degree burns. The 80 year old lady that got burned had to have skin grafts for a week, was disabled for 2 years and permanently disfigured. She asked for $20k for her medical bills and McDonalds offered $800. They knew it was an issue, they had already settled 700 cases where people got burned but refused to lower the temperature to a safe value.

What will never be reported is the killer's last six months of interactions with FBI groomers and online leftists who encourage and support violence against innocent people to forward their leftist agenda. Nearly 100% of these types of killers are, "known to the FBI", once the investigation is complete. The FBI wants to encourage more blacks and minorities to commit mass shootings so they can show that gun ownership is bad for all races, not just whitey.

The Las Vegas mass murders were encouraged and monitored by the FBI, Nick Cruz in Florida was another FBI monitored killer and the list is nearly endless. The lack of interest in this subject by media outlets is stunning. Nearly every single time there is an act of terrorism or mass killing it is a direct result of FBI involvement and every time the FBI fails to warn local authorities. Hell even Kyle Rittenhouse was monitored from the air by FBI drones during his self defense actions. The FBI apparently had high quality audio and video and tried to hide it from the judge in the case citing "national security".
    Spot on...It's probably CIA. FBI is nothing more than the woke poster child pretending to be LE.

Everything I've read about him says he should've been fired a loooooong time ago but they kept him on anyways. I bet the jury awards a ton of money "because it's Walmart and they're rich" sort of thing.

The FBI apparently had high quality audio and video and tried to hide it from the judge in the case citing "national security".

I remember that. Drones all over the place and they denied everything.

If anything McDonald’s underpaid in that coffee case. They used to serve their coffee at 190 degrees which only takes 3 seconds to cause 3rd degree burns. The 80 year old lady that got burned had to have skin grafts for a week, was disabled for 2 years and permanently disfigured. She asked for $20k for her medical bills and McDonalds offered $800. They knew it was an issue, they had already settled 700 cases where people got burned but refused to lower the temperature to a safe value.

More stupidity.

Coffee is supposed to be served at 180°. Would a 10° lower temperature have caused less burning? Not to any appreciable amount.
    The real problem is lefty's aversion to personal responsibility and consequences.

Reactions: Yasherka and BLEE
    More stupidity.

Coffee is supposed to be served at 180°. Would a 10° lower temperature have caused less burning? Not to any appreciable amount.
    The real problem is lefty's aversion to personal responsibility and consequences.

The McDonald's case was pretty scummy as to why they serve the coffee so hot. They serve it that hot to cut down on having to give refills because by the time the coffee has cooled off, the customer is already out the door. If the cost of refills is such an issue, just charge for the refills and I guarantee coffee fanatics will pay it.

The McDonald's case was pretty scummy as to why they serve the coffee so hot. They serve it that hot to cut down on having to give refills because by the time the coffee has cooled off, the customer is already out the door. If the cost of refills is such an issue, just charge for the refills and I guarantee coffee fanatics will pay it.
    Still just a 10° difference.
    That's one of the big problems in the country.
    Stupidity used to be painful, and that pain was a reminder not to repeat the stupidity.
    Today, lawyers make sure stupidity is rewarded, so it increases.

Reactions: Yasherka
    Still just a 10° difference.
    That's one of the big problems in the country.
    Stupidity used to be painful, and that pain was a reminder not to repeat the stupidity.
    Today, lawyers make sure stupidity is rewarded, so it increases.

There are people out there who have become literal millionaires from suing people frivolously or vexatiously. I wouldn't call those people stupid because they've gamed the court system, but I would call for their public curb stomping. I personally believe if you engage in vexatious litigation even just once and are caught, you should lose your right to sue forever. No second chances.

McDonald's coffee is almost as bad as Starbucks. I don't know how anyone can drink that swill.

And I don't even have a discriminating palate. I drink Maxwell House or Folgers, usually Colombian.

The reason why their fries are so good is because the same seasoning used in their burgers is also used in the fries. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if that same seasoning is used in the coffee too.

There are people out there who have become literal millionaires from suing people frivolously or vexatiously. I wouldn't call those people stupid because they've gamed the court system, but I would call for their public curb stomping. I personally believe if you engage in vexatious litigation even just once and are caught, you should lose your right to sue forever. No second chances.
    Tort reform where the loser pays, and their lawyer must pay an equal amount, would put an end to most frivilous lawsuits.

Reactions: BLEE
    So can any victim of any crime sue the city they live in for not keeping them safe? or the county? How about the federal governement? what do I pay taxes for exactly?

So can any victim of any crime sue the city they live in for not keeping them safe? or the county? How about the federal governement? what do I pay taxes for exactly?

If the city officials (aka cops) commit a crime against you or their actions cause personal injury, you can sue them because believe it or not they are still responsible for keeping you safe. Remember government officials work for us, not the other way around. Whether the DA takes the case or not is the million dollar question if it's a criminal trial. A civil trial on the other hand will most likely be just an undisclosed settlement to just basically make you shut up.

If the city officials (aka cops) commit a crime against you or their actions cause personal injury, you can sue them because believe it or not they are still responsible for keeping you safe. Remember government officials work for us, not the other way around. Whether the DA takes the case or not is the million dollar question if it's a criminal trial. A civil trial on the other hand will most likely be just an undisclosed settlement to just basically make you shut up.
    Well if their job is to prevent crime and catch criminals. any victim of a crime is so because they didnt do their job. If somone gets hurt because of their negligence well...

Well if their job is to prevent crime and catch criminals. any victim of a crime is so because they didnt do their job. If somone gets hurt because of their negligence well...
    The defense to that is the police aren't fortune tellers, they can't see into the future or predict what some bad guy is going to do at any moment. You're not going to win any lawsuit where the officials "failed to protect". You would have to try suing the city or county in their own courts on those instances. Good luck with that.

Just to add clarity for Maser's post, you would be suing the city, district or county in those instances as well. There is a thing called Qualified Immunity which grants officers protection from being sued individually.

The defense to that is the police aren't fortune tellers, they can't see into the future or predict what some bad guy is going to do at any moment. You're not going to win any lawsuit where the officials "failed to protect". You would have to try suing the city or county in their own courts on those instances. Good luck with that.

Just to add clarity for Maser's post, you would be suing the city, district or county in those instances as well. There is a thing called Qualified Immunity which grants officers protection from being sued individually.
    Just saying. if people can sue walmart for being negligence to keep them safe in their house and thats not even their job. At what point is the system negligent and liable for not keeping people safe under its jurisdiction when that's its sole purpose for existing.

just playing devils advocate here.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Just saying. if people can sue walmart for being negligence to keep them safe in their house and thats not even their job. At what point is the system negligent and liable for not keeping people safe under its jurisdiction when that's its sole purpose for existing.

just playing devils advocate here.

The Founding Father never intended for our nation to be governed like that. I would dare say at no point is the system required to keep anyone safe. Dangerous freedom vs peaceful enslavement. The purpose of the gov should only be to settle disputes between the states and protect the borders. And maybe in this industrial age to step in every once in a while to make sure we aren't trashing the landscape and polluting the waters. But we've gotten away from that.

As for Walmart, businesses just don't have the protections that governments have. But they do have protection as under most circumstances. Owners/ceo's/managers are no longer held accountable for negligence that's resulted in someone getting harmed. All fault typically falls on the business itself which opens up the business to litigation. There lies the problem. The personhood status of corporations. That status allows business to get sued like a person instead of owners or managers. Drop that status and lawsuits will become much less profitable. Upper and top level managers will also take their responsibilities much more seriously as their asses will be put back on the line. The sue happy nature of our society is one of the big underlying reasons leading everyone to believe that it's the responsibility of the business/property owner/government to provide for our safety. It's the way it is right now, I don't agree with it one bit.

Reactions: BLEE

My coffee make delivers 195-205 degree water...but I'm smart enough to not use my crotch as a trivet.

Do I like my coffee hot? After I pour my coffee in my cup, I microwave it another 50 seconds to get it just short of boiling. Now it’s perfect.

damn-snoop-dogg-upruc7fz6rggphau.gif

Yall need to research the McDonald’s story more.

I’m about as anti big gov as you can get but mcds franchisee was a f***

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    More stupidity.

160 degrees takes 20 seconds to cause the same burns. 667% is not an appreciable amount?

Does that mean there is no appreciable difference between a SD of 10 and a SD of 67.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    More stupidity.

But best brewed at 195- 205.

Brewing Coffee

Reactions: quietmike