• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

not sure

Mutnick

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2023
Okc
I'm fairly new to reloading and before I start to run anything through my press i cleaned my once fired brass deprimed it using a full size die
then used my calipers to measure my brass and immediately noticed a big difference in the length of my brass book says it's supposed to be
1.920 and they were any where from 1.900 to 1.925 I was told to size all my brass to the same length but not sure if I should size everything to 1.900

Trim them to 1.900 and be happy that you won't have to do it again.

1.920" is the maximum case length, "Book" trim length if 1.910". I think trimming all of them to 1.900 will be fine, you can monitor them from there and see if they grow any. My cases don't seem to grow at all, however that is not always the case.

Do you have a bore scope? If so, put the longest case into the chamber and see how it fits. You should strive to keep them as long as your chamber will allow. It will help to keep down on having to fight a carbon ring. Just randomly trimming any cartridge back .020 without understanding why seems like asking for trouble down the road.

I'd say the same. Check with borescope. Once I borescoped with the longest brass inserted I realized I am never going to have a problem with brass growing too long.

That said I still trim them to same length after first firing to get them all in line.

Do you have a bore scope? If so, put the longest case into the chamber and see how it fits. You should strive to keep them as long as your chamber will allow. It will help to keep down on having to fight a carbon ring. Just randomly trimming any cartridge back .020 without understanding why seems like asking for trouble down the road.
No I don't have a bore scope all I really have is the basic reloading equipment

not sure
6cbd76b9-1f96-4a35-bfd6-14bac3cadd49_text.gif

can't get right

after I shot the ammo the first time , I have only resized 2 times in now 12 reloads I check it all on the Wilson case gauge
, and my length from the o give to the base of the case I single feed all my rounds all my hornady factory brass was run that way now the other brass I have like the Peterson and the lapua , and the snb and the others will eventually and I hope run the same way . so far we are doing this with 6.5 cm , 223, 224, 308 , 30-06 and 300 win mag only the 6.5 has 12 reloadings on it so far .

Last edited:
not sure
6cbd76b9-1f96-4a35-bfd6-14bac3cadd49_text.gif

can't get right

after I shot the ammo the first time , I have only resized 2 times in now 12 reloads I check it all on the Wilson case gauge
, and my length from the o give to the base of the case I single feed all my rounds all my hornady factory brass was run that way now the other brass I have like the Peterson and the lapua , and the snb and the others will eventually and I hope run the same way .

Fucking beat me to the gif......

What cases and what chambers?

I'm fairly new to reloading and before I start to run anything through my press i cleaned my once fired brass deprimed it using a full size die
then used my calipers to measure my brass and immediately noticed a big difference in the length of my brass book says it's supposed to be
1.920 and they were any where from 1.900 to 1.925 I was told to size all my brass to the same length but not sure if I should size everything to 1.900

When you’re new to reloading and post a question, you should provide the following information:

Caliber (case brand, bullet, powder, velocity goal, etc)
Type of firearm
What you’re measuring and why
How you’re measuring
And finally, use the appropriate terminology for what you are doing or if you don’t know, ask so we are all on the same page.

Fuk sake. This thread still going on ? He asked if it was safe to trim a little shorter than book to get all the brass to the same length. Yes its safe go ahead if you want. No need to buy a bore scope.

Reactions: AllenOne1