• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not that it matters on the national level

Gunfighter14e2

Hunter/trapper of Remora's
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2002
Lick skillet Alabama
eham.net
but it sure does on the local, (which is much more important) make sure you vote today if your state does.

Moving your local back to what the founders envisioned, will allow a small level of protection when it all goes to shit. Might just buy the time you need to form your own gang, to better counter their gangs.

Just returned from voting, never in all my voting life starting in 1968 have I seen such a dismal turnout. Could be a sign? Some have realized no amount of voting or talking will correct this nations path?
Does your locality allow mail in voting? Is on-line voting a thing? How many days are available for voting? Are you voting during a work day, and not over a lunch hour? There are a number of reasons why voter turnout might “appear” low. And, voter turnout to anything but a presidential election is always pretty dismal.

The crowds here, (N/E Bama) are always large, its the worst I've ever seen it. Pole workers could not explain it either.
Possibly it'll pick up after people get off work? There's a lot more honest hardworking people, especially in Alabama, doing multiple jobs these days trying to keep up with the inflated cost of living and that could be another possible explanation at least. To your point though- I do think a substantial number of folks have given up hope and frankly I can't say that I blame them for being discouraged.

-LD

Last edited:
The crowds here, (N/E Bama) are always large, its the worst I've ever seen it. Pole workers could not explain it either.
Worst as in largest turnout ever? Or worst as in the most dismal turnout ever ?

Our little precinct here in VanVleck TX is usually pretty weak. Except one year when they were voting on a bond to give a pile of money to certain communities. Had a record turnout that time around. I'll leave it to your imagination as to the kind of people that turned out in such large numbers.

I voted early here in Texas ,small town small crowd, maybe 7 people , that's not bad considering it's a primary election , might drive to town and pass by the polling place on the way to the hardware store and see if the turnout is better on super Tuesday, I suspect after 5 pm is when the most people will vote after they get off work , that was the case with myself before I retired, personally I think election day should be a national holiday so you can vote early then get drunk.

Possibly it'll pick up after people get off work? There's a lot more honest hardworking people, especially in Alabama, doing multiple jobs these days trying to keep up with the inflated cost of living and that could be another possible explanation at least. To your point though- I do think a substantial number of folks have given up hope and frankly I can't say that I blame them for being discouraged.

-LD
More people here vote before going to work than after. The reason most retired here wait until after 0900 to go.
Worst as in largest turnout ever? Or worst as in the most dismal turnout ever ?

Our little precinct here in VanVleck TX is usually pretty weak. Except one year when they were voting on a bond to give a pile of money to certain communities. Had a record turnout that time around. I'll leave it to your imagination as to the kind of people that turned out in such large numbers.
Worst as in least amount I have ever seen, I was number 14 when I went in @ 0900. On average I would have been 100 something, heavy I would have been 250+

• Wow
Reactions: XP1K
Just returned from voting, never in all my voting life starting in 1968 have I seen such a dismal turnout. Could be a sign? Some have realized no amount of voting or talking will correct this nations path?

Couple quick notes:

A lot of intelligent folks now vote early because they finally understood what some of us warned about how easy it is to "hiccups" the vote machines in "conservative" areas on election day... see Arizona...

Primaries are often the least voted in, especially in a situation like this where essentially Pedo Peter and Orange Hair Man are pretty much the presumptive national party candidates, so there is extra voter apathy.

But as I always tell folks, vote in the primaries, that is where your vote counts most.
Especially as you said at the local level, the local ones are the ones who give orders and budgets to the Uniform Hangers and control your local issues and indoctrinate the local kids.

So always do what you can at the Primaries.

Also if I want to see my local state reps, usually the primary voting location is where they hang out because they kind of know their race is won or lost based on that election alone.

If all the people that say or think "voting doesn't matter anymore" voted anyway we would be un-fucking-touchable.
Those types are perhaps the worst- they're like a cancer in the locker room.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Couple quick notes:

A lot of intelligent folks now vote early because they finally understood what some of us warned about how easy it is to "hiccups" the vote machines in "conservative" areas on election day... see Arizona...

Primaries are often the least voted in, especially in a situation like this where essentially Pedo Peter and Orange Hair Man are pretty much the presumptive national party candidates, so there is extra voter apathy.

But as I always tell folks, vote in the primaries, that is where your vote counts most.
Especially as you said at the local level, the local ones are the ones who give orders and budgets to the Uniform Hangers and control your local issues and indoctrinate the local kids.

So always do what you can at the Primaries.

Also if I want to see my local state reps, usually the primary voting location is where they hang out because they kind of know their race is won or lost based on that election alone.
They don't hang out here on election day, but when we have X day (insert city name day) most all come and speak just like days of old. We are just a small town but during X day most everyone comes for the festivity's with many of their out of town friends as well. One of the few times each year we need traffic control on a meaningful level. Its nice to see and talk to those who pull that duty as most all of them volunteer, why because they say its the safest place in bama with music, food, and plenty of entertainment for old & young at the same time.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
More people here vote before going to work than after. The reason most retired here wait until after 0900 to go.

Worst as in least amount I have ever seen, I was number 14 when I went in @ 0900. On average I would have been 100 something, heavy I would have been 250+
Fair point- you certainly understand your local group better than I do- so unfortunately I have to resort to my previous comment. With Primary Elections- looking up the records in Alabama specifically, it's still on average about 25% of eligible voters. So if you're noticing a significant downtick from previous elections that's an interesting discussion point at least.

As I mentioned previously- I can't say that I blame anyone for losing faith in the election process. On one side of the political spectrum- there was masses of groups that flocked to candidates like Bernie Sanders and saw the election taken from "their" candidate because of Super PAC votes, Biden was sworn in under NG protection and the very same time that they were hoping the Democratic Party would provide was "student loan relief" and all of that fizzled out and there has yet to be a good narrative as to why the "bad guy/opposing party" stopped it other than it wasn't constitutional. They played their hand early with the Roe vs Wade (I'm still waiting to hear who leaked that whole thing but I won't hold my breath) and that's old news politically. Meanwhile, again not trying to get overly political but there have been subsidized groups for decades across our nation that were previously collecting government benefits and they're now learning that they're being shortchanged as compared to these 'immigrants' and even that group is livid now. On the other side of the spectrum, I think many self identified Republicans have already aligned with Mr. Trump and if so- have already minimized the election process (again, not saying that I blame them). So long story short- all that to say is I hope that we'll see a significant uptick in your neck of the woods with voter participation after folks get off from work but to be honest, I do understand why many folks may be considering their 'civic duty' as more so 'civic propaganda' when everyone is suffering and neither party is delievering on their promises to 'fix' things. Just one opinion at least.

-LD

Or successful IO/demoralization line of effort by the filth on the other side?

• Sad
Reactions: 1911hombre
I voted this morning in Williamson County, TX (Austin suburb). There were about 20-25 people there voting and most of them went to the Republican table to get their ballot. My wife went around 1PM and said there was a line out the door that had about 100 people in it. She will try again later. I've waited in longer lines to vote, but not in a primary. Hopefully that's a good sign for my neck of the woods.

I voted this morning in Williamson County, TX (Austin suburb). There were about 20-25 people there voting and most of them went to the Republican table to get their ballot. My wife went around 1PM and said there was a line out the door that had about 100 people in it. She will try again later. I've waited in longer lines to vote, but not in a primary. Hopefully that's a good sign for my neck of the woods.
20 yrs ago Williamson County was solid conservative voters not so much anymore , I lived outside of florance in the late 90's and now it's overrun with Californian's.