• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not too bad for an old commie, and an old man behind the wheel.

fpgt72

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2019
Shot at 100 yards, if you don't know the scope at the time was a 3.5 power scope. The reticle will move when you make adjustments. It is a bit fun.

Tested out three different loads yesterday, 5 rounds of each using a different recipe. It "liked" this one best.

It has been a while that I shot anything, yesterday was a bit rough and I was more then done after the 15 rounds, but I did have fun. It sure does feel like the wood screws that hold my head on started to wiggle out at the end of the day. My neck was really sore and the base of the skull was like a headache.

Now as usual I don't have any more of the bullet I used in this test. I need to order some more. IIRC it was a 150 grain Sierra, and 3031 powder....40-something grains. It is all on the little paper you can see sticking up in the blue box.

You can see the last 5 basically where they got taped up. Two down low, three was covered by the top tape. This was the best of the day.

Left the ears out for one shot, sucker is a bit loud, even if you are half deaf.

It made me remember why this is fun.

I just had to bang the steel plates after I took the target down. The plates hang next to the paper, and the splatter will just tear the hell out of the paper/cardboard.

I really don't understand why it is fun to bang steel, see it swing, try to hit it again while it is moving, it just is.

I really like living in the country and having the ability to walk....really ride my mower pulling a garden wagon full of gun crap.....down to this spot and shoot.

1708607679148.png

1708607876898.png

Picture of wagon?
The little wagon/mower combo does quite a few shooting jobs.
1708614286058.png

The wagon with a mini border for size.
1708614341057.png

What I will do is toss a moving blanket down so nothing gets scuffed up, then load up the wagon with the guns/bag/targets. If I am doing shotguns, I will toss the box of clays back there, the shotguns, I must have a folding chair, I do more sitting then actually shooting.

When going to where I shoot the rifle, I have that large picnic table and can take a rest there, I also take a chair so I have something with a back.

The wagon is real heavy duty, I don't remember what I paid for mine, it was a few years ago. I want to say it was sub $200. But knowing what I know now about that cart, I would buy a new one at that price. I am that happy with it.

I have had it loaded up to the rails with concrete blocks tires squatted and the thing did just fine.

1708614496566.png

1708614546880.png

1708614729941.png

Shooting minute of German… just like Lenin intended!

Nice shooting!

Sirhr
Most people don't know that a "passing grade" in most militaries at the time was 3 MOA. That is basically minute of man when you get down to it.

In this fantastic book, really THE book on Carcano,
1708692780971.png

It talks of the fixed sites on some of the carcano flavors being set to 300m. "Aim at the belt buckle" for a 100 yard shot to go basically where you want it.

If you are interested he does a reprint of them every few years, and runs a thread over on the surplus fourms.

Reactions: crackerbrown
Most people don't know that a "passing grade" in most militaries at the time was 3 MOA. That is basically minute of man when you get down to it.

In this fantastic book, really THE book on Carcano,
View attachment 8356088

It talks of the fixed sites on some of the carcano flavors being set to 300m. "Aim at the belt buckle" for a 100 yard shot to go basically where you want it.

If you are interested he does a reprint of them every few years, and runs a thread over on the surplus fourms.

Interesting looking book. Rifle was definitely designed to survive drop tests, too!

Sirhr