• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nothing but bad news...

Re: Nothing but bad news...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kilmore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2013/01/update-status-of-gun-industry.html </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> UPDATE: Status of Gun Industry</span>

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted...

They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done, Democrats!

If I had read a prediction of this situation three months ago I probably would have laughed. But, as most dedicated shooters are discovering, this is really becoming a reality. You can't even find .22lr ammo at a lot of stores right now.

I've also never seen anything like this. It's going to be a bleak year for shooting sports for many of us. I suppose the one good thing is that we'll be a much more thoroughly armed citizenry once this whole thing blows over.

Nevertheless, one school shooting snowballing into this situation really emphasizes how delicately perched our rights are at any given time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Coloradocop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nevertheless, one school shooting snowballing into this situation really emphasizes how delicately perched our rights are at any given time. </div></div>

'and it'll all happen again in a few months. We simply don't want to have an honest discussion about mass shootings. Everybody knows it's crazy people, drugs, and the like, not the guns but until we can really treat the real problem we'll constantly be stuck in this power grab cycle and shooters will face these supply shortages. If a person didn't learn from the first shortage than I hope they learn from this one because the next one is already on the horizon.

I'm a little bit skeptical, sounds like a pretty bold statement with not a lot of supporting facts. I could've walked into my LGS and then thought up the same hype/scare story. For one, backordered PMAGS are starting to trickle through at a pretty good rate it seems.

Are there backups? Yep
Will it take a little while to get back to normal? Yep
Are we "doomed" to 6-9 mo. lead times on certain ammo and components? I'd bet against that.

Chill

Currently, every store I've been too is sold out of every commonly used caliber. I went into bass pro shops Saturday , the only pistol caliber they had was .41 mag! Wally World has nothing, birdshot that's it.

If you think our rights are precariously perched now and things really can't get worse, do a little research about the internment of Japanese-Americans civilians during WWII.

German POW's here in Upstate NY were paroled to operate the Widmer Wine plants during the same period.

Wisdom, common sense, and US Government domestic civil rights policy aren't even compatible in the same sentence anymore, and haven't been for a long, long time.

Sounds a little over the top to me. Yesterday my LGS had a pretty good supply of powders, primers and ammo. No Varget or SP primers, but I did grab a couple #'s of Rx17. I also got a call yesterday to let me know my case of primers was being shipped (backordered for a little over a wk). A couple weeks ago I bought a few extra 20rd AR mags; $20 shipped from a great guy here. It's not as easy as it was, but it's not like I can't get what I need to keep shooting. JMHO.