• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nothing like a little interservice rivalry.

shark0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2005
www.everydayismondaybook.com
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_TlXlo1YUQ&sns=fb"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N_TlXlo1YUQ&sns=fb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Nothing like a little interservice rivalry.

When do they get issued their yellow cards? Cause that female at the phonebooth should've pulled it out

HAHA..... First two minutes brought back some memories, damn that was many moons ago.

Never would have thought the Army was that damn soft.

I dont remember Ft Sill being that friendly... Unfortunately that does show how soft the Army can be on recruits. Patton would shit himself if he saw this video.

Pretty funny

I'm eagerly awaiting the return fire from Army dogs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1stIDvet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Never would have thought the Army was that damn soft. </div></div>

http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/profile.html

Tell him the army is soft.</div></div>

Wow that was overkill. I guess he hit a soft spot.

Ummmm *Le sigh*.

Keep in mind this is Ft Leonard Wood. This is not indicative of OSUT at Knox and Benning.

3:00-3:19 had me laughing so hard. " I wouldn't want someone to get a letter or phonecall saying 'those folks at Ft. Leonard Wood treated us so bad. These are somebody's kids'".

Dear God.

Was certainly not my experience at Knox and I doubt was the 11series guys' experience at Benning.

While in Recruiting school at Ft. Jackson I was floored at how soft they're treated and the asinine shit the recruits get away with.

Haha...yeah...Ft. Leonard Wood is not Benning lol. I went through Sand Hill in '01 for 11B OSUT and no one really gave a shit what you felt when you were going through receiving and getting your initial issue.

Hahahahaha... Some of that Army shit MUST have been dubbed lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/profile.html

Come on, that's not a fair assessment. Giunta was a paratrooper.

God made Paratroopers so marines would have heros.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/profile.html

Come on, that's not a fair assessment. Giunta was a paratrooper.

God made Paratroopers so marines would have heros. </div></div>

In the beginning was the word, and the word was God.

In the beginning was God, and all else was darkness and void, and without form. So God created the heavens and the Earth. He created the sun, and the moon, and the stars, so that light might pierce the darkness. The Earth, God divided between the land and the sea, and these he filled with many assorted creatures.

And the dark, salty, slimy creatures that inhabited the murky depths of the oceans, God called sailors. And He dressed them accordingly. They had little trousers that looked like bells at the bottom. And their shirts had cute little flaps on them to hide the hickeys on their necks. He also gave them long sideburns and shabby looking beards. God nicknamed them "squids" and banished them to a lifetime at sea, so that normal folks would not have to associate with them. To further identify these unloved creatures, He called them "petty" and “commodore" instead of titles worthy of red-blooded men.

And the flaky creatures of the land, God called soldiers. And with a twinkle in His eye, and a sense of humor that only He could have, God made their trousers too short and their covers too large. He also made their pockets oversized, so that they may warm their hands. And to adorn their uniforms, God gave them badges in quantities that only a dime store owner could appreciate. And He gave them emblems and crests... and all sorts of shiny things that glittered... and devices that dangled. (When you are God you tend to get carried away.)

On the 6th day, He thought about creating some air creatures for which he designed a Greyhound bus driver's uniform, especially for Air Force flyboys. But He discarded the idea during the first week, and it was not until years later that some apostles resurrected this theme and established what we now know as the "Wild-Blue-Yonder Wonders.â€

And on the 7th day, as you know, God rested.

But on the 8th day, at 0730, God looked down upon the earth and was not happy. No, God was not happy! So He thought about His labors, and in His divine wisdom God created a divine creature. And this He called Marine.

And these Marines, who God had created in His own image, were to be of the air, and of the land, and of the sea. And these He gave many wonderful uniforms. Some were green; some were blue with red trim. And in the early days, some were even a beautiful tan. He gave them practical fighting uniforms, so that they could wage war against the forces of Satan and evil. He gave them service uniforms for their daily work and training. And He gave them evening and dress uniforms...sharp and stylish, handsome things…so that they might promenade with their ladies on Saturday night and impress the shit out of everybody! He even gave them swords, so that people who were not impressed could be dealt with accordingly.

And at the end of the 8th day, God looked down upon the Earth and saw that it was good.

But was God happy? No! God was still not happy!

Because in the course of His labors, He had forgotten one thing: He did not have a Marine uniform for Himself.

He thought about it, and thought about it, and finally God satisfied Himself in knowing that, well....

Not everybody can be a Marine!

That crap was never at Ft. Benning, went there in 1990 and the drill sergeants would zero in on people like those, like buzzards circling a carcass. I went to sandhill also, but missed harmony church by one rotation...hahahaha
i figured this out now. Those are marine reservist DI's fulfilling there two week duty assignment.

There is really that much of a difference between the two?

There are "active reserve" drill instructors but there are no "weekenders" that serve as drill instructors to my knowledge.

Having experienced the 'Last of the Old Corps' and the newer Army, I can say it was pretty damn accurate. I almost laughed my ass off, and got into trouble when I saw a black female Drill Sergeant giving that type of speech. I couldn't stop smiling, and the former Marine next to me was in the same position. When she came up to us and started then saw the USMC awards on our chests, she looked up into our eyes, saw our smiles as we yes sergeanted her adn knew there was nothing she could say, do, or whatever to make us stop. At that point we were 'asked' to give the example of professionalsim we were known to have. I almost fuckin lost it!
I would bet a few months pension checks that Patton is rolling in his grave as Chesty ribs him and laughs in his face
Semper Fiiiiii!

They both looked soft compared to what I went through.

Many years ago, the Drill Sergeants could still...asist you if you were not fast enough in hitting the dirt...and there was no limit to the physical or mental abuse they could dole out. Now, I don't think they can touch anyone in either branch.

Yup, it was better.

I can not say if the relaxed break in makes a difference on the final product, I have seen some fine examples of warriors in todays service...don't know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having experienced the 'Last of the Old Corps' and the newer Army, I can say it was pretty damn accurate. I almost laughed my ass off, and got into trouble when I saw a black female Drill Sergeant giving that type of speech. I couldn't stop smiling, and the former Marine next to me was in the same position. When she came up to us and started then saw the USMC awards on our chests, she looked up into our eyes, saw our smiles as we yes sergeanted her adn knew there was nothing she could say, do, or whatever to make us stop. At that point we were 'asked' to give the example of professionalsim we were known to have. I almost fuckin lost it!
I would bet a few months pension checks that Patton is rolling in his grave as Chesty ribs him and laughs in his face
Semper Fiiiiii! </div></div>

always wondered how transitioning over worked.. did you have to go through the ARMY basic? or just through recieption or something?

Meanwhile at Lackland Air Force Base, Airmen learn the basics of "Aim High" combat tactics...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dAYuT0rZlw&feature=fvst"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dAYuT0rZlw&feature=fvst" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They both looked soft compared to what I went through.

Many years ago, the Drill Sergeants could still...asist you if you were not fast enough in hitting the dirt...and there was no limit to the physical or mental abuse they could dole out. Now, I don't think they can touch anyone in either branch.

Yup, it was better.

I can not say if the relaxed break in makes a difference on the final product, I have seen some fine examples of warriors in todays service...don't know. </div></div>

First Benning is a different beast!

Yes the military is changing and not all for the better imo! This goes for all the branches!
This PC shit is painfull to say the least!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They both looked soft compared to what I went through.

Many years ago, the Drill Sergeants could still...asist you if you were not fast enough in hitting the dirt...and there was no limit to the physical or mental abuse they could dole out. Now, I don't think they can touch anyone in either branch</div></div>

I'm pretty sure in the Marines they can still "correct your position". Oh and don't forget the whole stay an arms length away atr all times. I cought a knee in the chest when that one slipped my mind. That wasn't even the worst of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meanwhile at Lackland Air Force Base, Airmen learn the basics of "Aim High" combat tactics...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dAYuT0rZlw&feature=fvst"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0dAYuT0rZlw&feature=fvst" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

</div></div>

Oh yeah, i distinctly remember my air force volley ball training.

Everyday I thank god I can spell my name correctly on the ASVAB test, since that counts for the first 80 points...

HAHAHAHA this made me laugh for literally like 10 mins after... USMC 0331

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shit, Old Corps DI's beat the crap out of new recruits. No Army Dog ever gets away with that. Why you think they have so many women DS's working co-ed platoons in the Army...kids need their mommies!</div></div>

The more likely explanation is that it's because male only would be in a combat arms OSUT program and "AIT" skills are integrated with "basic" tasks thus relegating the female DS to: fucking worthless.

Today's Army Wants to Join You.(1970-1981) For a life in a uniform no diffrent than a civilians.

Be All You Can Be.(1980-2001) But neither us or the people do not expect much

Army of One.(2001-2006) And get captured, expect no unit support, the Army will not back you.

Army Strong.(2006-present) Still by yourself and still nothing to support you.

Army mascot- the JACKASS

Wanna take a hill send the Marines. Wanna occupy a hill send the Army to relieve the Marines. Wanna retake the hill, Send the Marines.

Gentlemen I have just returned from the front lines, and there is no better fighting force than the United States Marines. (General Douglas McAurther, US Army) hahahahaha

The Few. The Proud. Not everyone can be a part of this elite few Marines.

First to Fight. Is true and are last to pull out as well, ask you sister.(the good looking one)

A Few Good Men. Keep the panzies for the Army.

Tell it to the Marines. Cause we have been there and done that and if we find it true than it is illreputable.

Let's go, U.S. Marines. All action not asking for permission.

An Opportunity to see the world. Is always nice to see new places and blow it up and to meet new people and kill them.

We didn't promise you a rose garden. unlike other services we try to get you to fail out of bootcamp.

If you want to fight, Join the Marines. if you want to occupy join the Army.

Marines, the worlds 911 force.

those two Marines at the beginning are idiots for beating their hands on those hard surfaces like they were, busted and blown blood vessels can be painful and lead to serious damage to ones hands and the very distinct possibility of causing and sending a blood clot to the heart, brain or both, thusly causing a stroke and/or heart attack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmithE-6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...snip...
</div></div>

Wow, you guys have to try REALLY hard to convince yourselves of your superiority. That should tell you something...
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
marineslol.jpg
</div></div>

His brother musta joined the Corps
wink.gif

viewFile.jpg

And boom goes the dynamite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
marineslol.jpg
</div></div>

His brother musta joined the Corps
wink.gif

viewFile.jpg
</div></div>

Nah he just went out to grab some pizza.

ArmyStrong4.jpg

I'm shocked at how well ACU works. Thank god the Army brought T-walls to the desert.

that was a great video,i experienced Marine bootcamp a long time ago,good to see stressing out the FNGs hasn't changed much,they literally look like don't know whether to shit or go blind.As for the Army,well at least they didn't join the Navy.

Not that it will matter. However, that's not apples to apples. If they would have shown the Army's 11B or 19D OSUT it would have been the same.

Jamie

you marines should do some research and learn what President Harry S. Truman accurately described the marine corps to be.
Well since most marines can't figure out "google" i will just tell you. President Truman said "the marine corps is nothing but a mop up crew and will always be a mop up crew".
And if the marine corps is so hot why was the US Army bearing the brunt of WWII in both threates of operations? Also, why is it the marine corps get all the Army hand me downs? And again it wasn't the marines that rescued Jessica Lynch! Also, what branch of the service guards the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers, and what branch of the service is called the Old Guard?

There are somethings the army does well and somethings that Marines do well. One thing is for certain though... Nobody beats their chest and talks shit about how great they are better than a marine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CS1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shark0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
marineslol.jpg
</div></div>

viewFile.jpg
</div></div>

ArmyStrong4.jpg

</div></div>

Whats the problem here? These guys are what some like to call "TACTICALLY PADDED" I would love to see a Haji employ an IED or fire a round through these men. Not happening! Their vital organs are completely safe...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nobody beats their chest and talks shit about how great they are better than a marine.</div></div>

Damn straight! We have the cloak of Fi to back up our claims.

Distinguished+Service+Award+2008+MODD.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ramrod14(winkie)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you marines should do some research and learn what President Harry S. Truman accurately described the marine corps to be.
Well since most marines can't figure out "google" i will just tell you. President Truman said "the marine corps is nothing but a mop up crew and will always be a mop up crew".
And if the marine corps is so hot why was the US Army bearing the brunt of WWII in both threates of operations? Also, why is it the marine corps get all the Army hand me downs? And again it wasn't the marines that rescued Jessica Lynch! Also, what branch of the service guards the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers, and what branch of the service is called the Old Guard? </div></div>

Ok, let’s cite Jessica Lynch. Maybe if the Army did some actual training her situation might have been a little different and her and her comrades might have had the ability to actually fight back.

Truman: A mop up crew, hmmmm? I guess that’s why they say "First In" and "First to Fight". And you can call us the bastard children of the military and let us fly in rotting helos from Vietnam. We’ll take your hand me downs (except your ugly ass uniforms) and squeeze the rest of the life out of them, and succeed while doing it.

You and the rest of your Army brothers can sit back and say "it’s not like that at ...., infantry blah blah blah," but <span style="text-decoration: underline">EVERY</span> Marine Recruit goes through the exact same boot camp. A Drill Instructor never stands in front of a recruit without the intensity required by the job. Apparently not all Drill Sergeants can say the same.

You want quotes?

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!"
-MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can? They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines?"
-Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918

"I have just returned from visiting the Marines at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!"
-General of the Armies Douglas MacArthur; Korea, 21 September 1950

"We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?"
-Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
-Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

"Lying offshore, ready to act, the presence of ships and Marines sometimes means much more than just having air power or ship's fire, when it comes to deterring a crisis. And the ships and Marines may not have to do anything but lie offshore. It is hard to lie offshore with a C-141 or C-130 full of airborne troops. "
-Gen. Colin Powell, U. S. Army, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff, During Operation Desert Storm

The only thing about the "interservice" rivalry that I laugh about is the retireee's.

I've really taken notice how the retired guys carry themselves, post active duty.

I always see retired marines, still trying to be extra-oorah, wearing leather, riding harleys, smoking like crazy, and talking about their glory days every 30 seconds.

But I see the retired navy/army/air force guys living out their days happy, usually with a lake house, married, grandchildren, and they usually have some hobby (like woodworking, ect)

It's just one of the stark differences I notice.