• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nothing to see here, just another major train derailment.

Not surprised at all with the way companies don't want to do maintenance. The days of preventative maintenance are coming to an end, it's all about doing the bare minimum to keep shit running. Company I work for has had record profits 3 years in a row, having issues with DOT, but they bitch about the money our shop spends to keep shit legal.

Nothing from our shop has been wrote up or placed out of service in over 3 years. None of the other shops can say that but are praised for doing the bare minimum.

Reactions: Redmanss
Just taking a poll here. Everyone thinks ND is a flyover stare state. Do you dumb asses know we are #1 in all crop production? Number one in honey, sunflowers, we feed America, literally. OH, I'm sorry, NH has given us Bernsanders and maple syrup.

Reactions: NoDopes
And y'all thought this was fiction.

1000004772.png

"Six of the cars were transporting propane, which is highly flammable."

I'm glad we have learned professionals to spoon feed us pertinent information.

🙄

Mike

Reactions: nikerret
10 years ago they did some road work and detoured everyone around and under this RR bridge, a train happened to be going over it one day as I sat under it at a red light, creaking noise, rust particles were falling down and I looked over at the columns and was like... wow... the concrete was all crumbling, the studs were so eroded they were pencil points and some gone completely... I had emailed the city, they forwarded it to the RR as its theirs, they sent an engineer and deemed that it was perfectly good. 10 years later and its still untouched. Bridge is over 100 years old and used daily in a downtown area.
Pics I took then from car stopped at the red light, dated July 2013, I made a video of it last summer its on youtube but nothing different than the pics show you... looks the same still. They will not do anything till it is a concern, and a concern means someone dies.

Then 5 months ago AT the same bridge a train derails... lol. If the appearance of the underside is any indication of how the rest of the bridge is maintained... no surprise.

004.JPG

001.JPG

Reactions: Bradu
Just taking a poll here. Everyone thinks ND is a flyover stare state. Do you dumb asses know we are #1 in all crop production? Number one in honey, sunflowers, we feed America, literally. OH, I'm sorry, NH has given us Bernsanders and maple syrup.
Good thing we aren’t talking about potatoes. 🤠

What does this derailment, that happened on the NM/AZ state line, have to do with North Dakota?

Around Chistmas there was a derailment around Albuquerque. There were Trains backed up for miles you could see from the interstate.

Nope NH didn't give you bernsanders ACE
Vermont did

We stack dozens of coal cars on top of each other, multiple times, not a peep. A couple propane tank cars cap off? Bear Pit conspiracy!!!

And Bradu is spot on, maintenance is not staying up to snuff. Hard to keep up when you're laying off hundreds and can't order in spare parts.

Nobody wants spare parts in inventory even though replacement parts are often months out for certain things. That's when management says "well, can't we patch it to get by until the new parts get here", which often ends up costing way more money in more damage. We have equipment that bills over $1k an hour so downtime gets expensive pretty quick.

Reactions: Redmanss
Don't you guys worry, our illustrious Sec. of Transportation Mayor Pete is on top of it. Just as soon as he's done breastfeeding his adopted son.

• Haha
Reactions: mtrmn
Funny how a couple of days ago the NM Governor was bitching about the illegals. Seems like this is a STFU moment.