• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske falsh suppressor

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the KX3 Noveske flash sup. Can you share how good or bad it is. Thanks

Re: Noveske falsh suppressor

works pretty well, and helps shorter barrels < 16" have a little more back preasure to add some more reliability. but if our going over that length or at 16". I prefer PWS combo models. Noveske Krink style supresses flash very well though to answer your question. no dissapointment.

I don't share sasquatch's experience. I run one on my blaster over here and it spews out a good bit of muzzle flash. I have some pics doing a night shoot in pitch black conditions and all you can see is the flash, if I can find them...I'll post 'em
l_e638b27361a49d4fd2daf24f97c06ccf.jpg

They don't call it the 'fire breathing pig' for nothing. It looks like a flame thrower at night.
smile.gif
Changes/decrease the blast noise from the shooters perspective a bit and does help muzzle climb, changes the recoil impulse. I like them-- but at night, they'll probably think your firing a BFG at them.
smile.gif

Core

Not really a flash hider. It is designed to work on SBRs and does a great job at throwing the blast down range. I really like it.

They are ideal for SBR's (Shorter than 14.5" barrel). As stated above, they are called the "flaming pig" for a reason. For anything longer than a 14.5" barrel, I'd go with something else. They also add weight to the front of your AR.

Works great on my 12.5 Noveske. I took it off once and promptly got an ACOG stamp above my right eye, so it helps with recoil. Others have noticed that it "throws" the report downrange somewhat. Never had a problem hoghunting at night with the flash, but they weren't shooting back either! I like mine.

Flash from the shooters POV and the target's differ greatly.

I have not had the chance to shoot a KX-3 at night. If flash suppression was the primary concern and a silencer was not an option then I would go with a Vortex. I have one on my 14.5" and it works very well. Silencers are still the best and if I was going "over there" I would be attempting to get my hands on one. Since my better half has veto'ed contract work until the kids are grown that's not currently a concern.

My Patrol SBR will have a KX3 when it's done since the Admin has not approved silencers (had to remove mine from my current rifle).

I RO'd for a guy running one a few months ago. It was a nice change from the other comps. The blast was noticeably reduced and his 16" AR seemed <span style="text-decoration: underline">much</span> quieter than the others. Following with the timer I couldn't feel the concussion at all.

I cannot comment on muzzle flash.

As far as muzzle flash goes, I have an AAC Blackout flash suppressor/ suppressor mount on my 16" barrel. I dont have a suppressor.....yet, but I have shot it pretty late in the day and there is little if not no flash to speak of.

I have one on a Noveske Infidel.The idea is based on a Russian Krinkov. It is suppoosed to take the muzzel blast and driect it away from the user. They work as advertised.

34y5nj8.jpg

It will trap some unburnt powder in shorter guns, and belch out all of it at once about every 4-7 rounds.
It does however greatly reduce the felt pressure on the other guys on an entry, you don't get that hot thumping from the guy with the A2 or phantom next to you if he has a KX3, it forces it out straight down range.

I have on on my AR 15.. or did.. i was playing about with my 9.3RSM last week,, hmm couldn't resist.. Ive bored and threaded the Noveske to M15x1 and will be shooting 9.3bullets from 300WSM cases through it just as soon as i make my self a crushwasher to suit and align it in the right place..

let you know how it truns out guys,,
Pete

I put one on my Commando shorty and I did not see any big change BUT my team mates prone next to me did. They said it seemed to through the sound down range better.

This is an old topic I know but I wanted to use the search first then ask. Is the KX3 a good enough flash hider that when shooting with a flashlight on the gun you wont get blinded? I would like to put one on a 11.5" bump in the night gun wich also has a flashlight on it so chances are that if I do shoot it indoors the light will be on at the time of the shot and lessen the muzzle flash

Off topic but I havent seen a post from Doorkicker in a while is he off whooping someones ass? I like his insite on things where ever he's at hope he's safe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is an old topic I know but I wanted to use the search first then ask. Is the KX3 a good enough flash hider that when shooting with a flashlight on the gun you wont get blinded? I would like to put one on a 11.5" bump in the night gun wich also has a flashlight on it so chances are that if I do shoot it indoors the light will be on at the time of the shot and lessen the muzzle flash

Off topic but I havent seen a post from Doorkicker in a while is he off whooping someones ass? I like his insite on things where ever he's at hope he's safe </div></div>

No. They call it the flaming pig for a reason. It throws a massive fireball. but it will help the cycle rate on your SBR or pistol upper. It enhances the operating pressures in a short barrel.

And why do you care about flash suppression in your own house? That shouldnt be an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off topic but I havent seen a post from Doorkicker in a while is he off whooping someones ass? I like his insite on things where ever he's at hope he's safe</div></div>
I'm alive and well Captain Moroni...been busy all hell though spreading freedom and democracy to people that could give a shit less about either...lol.

As others have said, it's more like a flash light than a flash suppressor. Everything is thrown out the front, flaming pig is right. I keep one on a short gun only.

That said, for indoor/in car use your team mates will love you. None of that blowback coming their way unless they're directly in front of you. In that case there's more to worry about than noise and flash.

For those who cannot have supressors (noise), what sort of flash suppression is recommended for a bolt gun?
Same stuff for a medium palma contour?