• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske or LMT MRP CQB upper??

Sandbogg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2007
Nor Calif.
I have a credit at a local store and they have the following to choose from:

Noveske reece 16" chrome lined direct impingement

LMT mrp cqb 16" chrome lined direct impingement

LMT mrp cqb 16" crome lined gas operated

Just wanted some feedback on which upper you guys would choose and why. Thanks, Sandbogg.

**** UPDATE*****
After handling the uppers it was a fairly simple decision. I went with the LMT mrp cqb DI 16". It is suprisingly light has the ability to break down the barrel, and the fact that Noveske barrels can be put on it was an easy decision. And the bonus, there were all kinds of goodies in the box when I got it home (torque wrench, torx bit, four rail pannels). Very suprising in this day to have something come that well equipped.

Thanks for the input !

Re: Noveske or LMT MRP CQB upper??

Both by getting the MRP.....with DBMG making MRP extensions on Noveske barrels that makes it a little easier of a decision. Also Noveske makes 300AAC Blackout barrels so that makes it really flexible.

I would like an accurate, durable easy to carry upper that can take a pounding and is easy to add optics, NV,lights etc. The LMT barrel swap is cool because it could break down and fit in a small case when space is limited. Mostly I was wondering if anyone had any experience or issues with the mentioned uppers.

I can't comment on the MRP because I have 0 experience with them, but I love my Noveske's.

+1 on Noveske, although i am slightly biased not ever handleing the MRP. everything i have gotten from them is top notch and went beyond my expectations.