• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske Stainless Barrel Durability?

Chicory01

Private
Minuteman
Jul 5, 2017
I have a 12.5 Noveske Crusader with carbine gas that I've run a couple of hundred rounds through. Almost all 77gr and slow fire, 0.5 MOA all day.

Question is, how hard can you run a stainless Noveske barrel? If I wanted run mine for 2 gun or a supressed duty rifle would it burn out quickly like other SS barrels?

Do they lose accuracy after 3k rounds and all sorts of other issues?

I've read how resilient they're supposed to be but don't know anyone who's treated their stainless Noveske barrel like a CHF duty rifle.

Any input would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I ran a Noveske 14.5 like a normal barrel for roughly 10K rounds. No full auto but suppressed full time. No loss of accuracy.

Reactions: Chicory01
Does Noveske use proprietary steel or any fancy cryo voodoo or anything? I've burnt down a few SS barrels, 416r or whatever they're usually made of. I'd expect to get at least 8k rounds of reasonable accuracy.

Reactions: tucaz
Years ago I think it was ADCO that did a write up documenting the results after sending about 15K rounds through a SS barrel, including full auto, over the course of a year and a half. The consensus was that there was obvious wear but not as much as they were expecting and overall the barrel was still shooting well with ball ammo. It's anecdotal evidence but at the same time barrels weren't made to last forever.

I have a 12.5 Noveske Crusader with carbine gas that I've run a couple of hundred rounds through. Almost all 77gr and slow fire, 0.5 MOA all day.

Question is, how hard can you run a stainless Noveske barrel? If I wanted run mine for 2 gun or a supressed duty rifle would it burn out quickly like other SS barrels?

I've read how resilient they're supposed to be but don't know anyone who's treated their stainless Noveske barrel like a CHF duty rifle.

iirc in an interview John said you can expect combat accuracy past 15k providing you're not getting the barrel hot enough to brand cattle

I used to worry about stuff like that but it's not really that big of a deal. Shoot it how you want, by the time it "wears out" you'll have shot probably 10x the barrel's value worth of ammo through it.