• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

noveske switchblock

I’d prefer something like the Superlative Arms Adjustable Gas block because you can fit it under the Handguards and it has a lot more adjustments. I have plenty of experience with the Superlative Arms, but none with the Noveske.

Reactions: Halcyonhal
I have that barrel in a rifle I just completed. Haven't had it to the range yet but plan on testing it with a few different suppressors soon. Will report back when that happens.

Have a 12.5 with switchblock and love it. I cant explain what voodoo magic they got with it, but when i pair it with my sandman it shoots very well. Not gassy at all and cycles reliably every time.

Anyone have experience with the Noveske switchblock, particularly in a large frame ar 10 style rifle? If so, curious what suppressor you used and what the gas was like between suppressed and unsuppressed use.

Thinking of getting the 20” 6.5 creedmoor barrel: https://noveske.com/products/20-switchblock-barrel-6-5-creedmoor-w-headspaced-bolt/

Thanks
Hello, new guy here. AR-15 wise I have a Noveske SwitchBlock Gen 4, Surefire cans, running Geissele H3 w/ Super 42 and it's so nicely tunned. It actually was softer shooting with the mini than the SB2 which we were surprised by, and Raptor charging handle all equalled very very little gas. Solid set up to be sure. I also have an Afgan, gen 3, that is so overgassed...that it is getting an AGB Superlative Arms installed. Properly tunned, the Noveske's are butter smooth. I will never own a DI gun without an adjustable gas block again, sans maybe one carbine or mid-length for a total SHTF backup.

I know you're asking about the 308, but I'd imagine similar carry over from the platform with the same gear. A friend at our local range loves his "heavy" (308) which is a switch block, I will see him this weekend and try and report back.

Best,
Romy

Anyone have experience with the Noveske switchblock, particularly in a large frame ar 10 style rifle? If so, curious what suppressor you used and what the gas was like between suppressed and unsuppressed use.

Thinking of getting the 20” 6.5 creedmoor barrel: https://noveske.com/products/20-switchblock-barrel-6-5-creedmoor-w-headspaced-bolt/

Thanks
Noveske was in Houston for a big demo day. I was talking to them and they actually referenced KAC regarding their switchblock setup. Effectively they tuned the gas to work unsuppressed or suppressed with a traditional baffle can with a focus on reliability and trying to minimize bcg slam.

Reactions: Ernest 5.56
I have a 18 inch 5.56 barrel with a Switch Block. Had it for well over 12 years. It is awesome. The suppressed setting and a short can work great together.

Reactions: ut755ln
The Wench :)

Attachments

• B953987E-0024-4C35-81EB-FDDAEA24A607.jpeg
    B953987E-0024-4C35-81EB-FDDAEA24A607.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: