• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noveske?

drumcorps

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Talleyville Delaware
Just got the new catalog, called customer service, they seem like a great crew with a real nice product. By law I must stay at 16" inch or longer. And looked at the Vtac Combat Carbine, Lo-Pro Recon, or Reece in a Stainless Barrel for Target and range shooting.
Any thoughts on these products?
Thanks
Steve

Re: Noveske?

No matter which one of John's platforms you decide on it won't be your last one from him! He turns out some of if not the finest AR series of weapons there is.Currently I own 4 of their platforms, 6.8spc w/ 10.5" barreled stainless barrel Vltor complete upper, (2)5.56 SPR ,18" stainless barrel this one I custom ordered tricked out to the max running a AWC Raider can. This one is a tack driving machine (3) 5.56 ,7.5" stainless barreled and my second favorite a 5.56 ,12.5" also stainless . This one will damn near shoot hole for hole with the 18" spr. All of the 5.56's are switch block units as they are all suppressor hosts. You will not be disappointed with any of Noveskes systems.I could go on and on with their products and their topnotch customer service. These platforms are virtually bomb proof. You will be glad you invested in one of these fine systems.

Yep, there's nothing in the Noveske line up that is short of sensational.

So Downrange1x for the 5,56 Stainless is there one that knocks your socks off? I spoke to sherri and she said the wait isnt that long. however I own a LWRC M6A3 6.8 cost a buck a shot. and only have 60 rounds (all Hornady Match) down range. If I could move the 6.8, I could get a "Real Nice" Noveske!!! I hope and Pray !
Any pic would be great that you have? The more I know The Better!Since being laid off after 33 years I read ....ALOT, SnipersHide!

I like that lo -pro Recon, with the MUR Receiver, something only John does? I only spoke to Sheri for 10 mins, but she knows her stuff, she said get a 16 SS no swithblock. Vltor stock , match trigger is abit extra. She said that one and the REECE Model are in and out the door so fast.
Truck Stickers , a tee shirt , and bought one for my daughter!
Just trying to find out a bit more, Im in Delaware and we cany go lower than 16...then I GOt TO MOVE the 6.8! Its in Mint condition.

Check out the Afghan 14.5 w/pinned flash suppressor to clear 16" or my personal favorite the SPR 18" .If you could own a sbr the Crusader is my everyday carry system. It goes everywhere I go! You would not believe how accurate these babies are. They will out shoot most 16" systems. Which ever one you decide on make sure you get the stainless barreled systems.Noveske has some wicked Ju-Ju going on with these units. Email me in regards to price on your LWRC 6.

I've owned a number of Noveske rifles over the last couple years, and have sold most of them for one reason or another. I realized that I didn't like all of the gadgetry, swithchblocks, VIS, m249 spec chrome lined barrel, etc as these items were expensive add-ons that didn't serve a purpose for me. So recently I ordered two new uppers, a 6.8 (my third 6.8 Noveske upper) and a 5.56 (fourth Noveske 5.56 upper) in the same configuration---the 16" Rogue Hunter, but with the 16" Recon barrel instead of the light profile barrel ($10 upgrade). Both uppers are built well, and are very light. The 5.56 is stored until I shoot out or sell my MSTN 17" upper (Noveske Barrel), but I've shot the 6.8 quite a bit and really like it. My experience with the Recon barrels is nothing but positive, with one of them shooting on average ~13/16" for over 60 5rd groups (using FGMM 69gr and Ultramax 68gr).

Nonetheless, sorry for the long post but I have nothing but good things to say about the Noveske uppers and rifles I've owned and used. I would think carefully though about what accessories you need and think simple and light, especially for a GP carbine.

I have a 16" Recon and it's amazing! It's a super accurate and fast rifle, not sure what else you could ask for!

in delaware, you can own an SBR. you can't own a machine gun, suppressor, short barrel shotgun, or smooth bore AOW (aka short barrel shotgun).

if local law enforcement won't play ball and you plan on owning more than one SBR, spend the money and form a gun trust.

I own a Noveske Afghan Model with the stainless steel barrel. The first 5 shot group I ever shot (52 grain SMK's and 26.2 grains of W748) went into a one hole 0.375" group and that was with a 4X TA31RCOM4 ACOG. It consistantly shoots under 0.5". You can't go wrong with any Noveske rifle. Everyone I have ever seen is extremely accurate and reliable.

Downrange 1x could you send me some pics of the SBR Crusader and the Living trust thingy?
IM very curious with this, DSG ARM has the stripped Noveske Lower, not sure want it would cost me to build it so John could put the upper on it.
Please the more info the better!
And thanks downrange, I think we should chat...so I get all the SBR info correct.
Also sent you a PM

Slothlacrosse what does a gun trust entale? and want is the the cost? Sounds to be legsl/lawyer stuff.
Feel free to shoot me any info on gun trust or I will goggle it?
Still looking for the best they got without switchblock, no can for me. And Sheri said John can upgrade the trigger to a Gisselle? I think>>>

Downrange1x the Afgan 14.5 with the pinned flash would make it legal at 16 inches right? and the SBR 18 Stainless , Im looking through the catalog right know! But you said the 18 SBR is badass

they are one of the premier AR builders/barrel makers. you will not be dissapointed, i'm a big fan as well.

They provide a combination of absolute top quality rifles and fantastic customer service. I have two complete Noveske rifles and a Noveske AR10 lower.

I have always had spectacular service from them. I use a lot of Noveske parts for the builds I do for myself and others. I'm building a 16" competition gun for my brother with a Noveske upper and lower and BCG. He couldn't afford the barrel, which is a shame because their barrels are spectacularly accurate.

I did a goggle search on the Living Trust, it comes back as a Lawyer from Florida? However Sheri told me if I get the 14.5 and put the KX3 Suppessor it comes pinned its legal and 16".
Id love to see if anyone has pics of the N4 LO-PRO with the MUR receiver ( I think John is the only one) that does this.
However the N4 Carbine, Recon, Reece etc, have a lot to offer.
Thanks to ALL who posted, all the info has helped!
Just have to figure out which one????

I own three- a 14.5" Afghani, a 18" stainless and my latest add, 20" stainless in medium profile (this guy: http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imc...ce=&status=). I bought the 20" medium wondering if I could get even more precision out of an AR than the 18" SPR. After having the 20" for three months, I have decided to sell the 18", as the 20" is getting 40fps more and 1/2" groups at 100 w/ ease (the 18" would deliver 1/2 but not with easy). If you are looking for the upmost in precision, their 20" is awesome (plus the VIS mono-upper is a rock).

I also notice they have 20" and 24" Creedmoor uppers for sale. That is one sweet AR-10.

From reading above it seems that Noveske is one of the elite rifle makers for accuracy, but how are they for reliability and durability. Would they be something you would bet your life on or are they more of a competition/range gun? I see lots of guys loving them for sure.

Reliability and durability is what Noveske rifles are built for. The accuracy comes from Noveske sparing no expense in R&D, manufacture, purchased parts or assembly.

A Noveske is a battle rifle that is accurate enough to be a range toy.

Great customer service, all around great people to buy from has been my experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From reading above it seems that Noveske is one of the elite rifle makers for accuracy, but how are they for reliability and durability. Would they be something you would bet your life on or are they more of a competition/range gun? I see lots of guys loving them for sure. </div></div>

My Noveske experience has been that they are durable and reliable. They are made to be used for their intended propose. If you want a high volume fast rate of fire gun the M249 chrome lining would be what I'd get. If you want a gun to be accurate, but not to do a ton of mag dumps the SS barrel is what I'd recommend.

There are rifles that they build for the competition field, and those that are more fighting oriented. I don't think you give up anything at all with Noveske when selecting a carbine to use for defense. They sell to LE agencies for this purpose. If you call and describe your needs they have a great crew that can point you in the right direction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Apollo11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From reading above it seems that Noveske is one of the elite rifle makers for accuracy, but how are they for reliability and durability. Would they be something you would bet your life on or are they more of a competition/range gun? I see lots of guys loving them for sure. </div></div>

My Noveske experience has been that they are durable and reliable. They are made to be used for their intended propose. If you want a high volume fast rate of fire gun the M249 chrome lining would be what I'd get. If you want a gun to be accurate, but not to do a ton of mag dumps the SS barrel is what I'd recommend.

There are rifles that they build for the competition field, and those that are more fighting oriented. I don't think you give up anything at all with Noveske when selecting a carbine to use for defense. They sell to LE agencies for this purpose. If you call and describe your needs they have a great crew that can point you in the right direction. </div></div>

+1