• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Novseke Afghan, DDM4 V7 SLW, 243 WSSM, or Precision Firearms AR

treillw

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
My AR saga continues. I would like a rifle for shtf and for hunting (antelope, coyotes, wolves, deer) at longer ranges (I'll shoot at a wolf/coyote at any range). Thinking a 5.56 upper and a 243 WSSM Dtech/6ARC Precision Firearms/any other precision upper. I would like to get the hunting upper to have great accuracy (half minute). I reload.

Here are my current thoughts on my options:

DD M4 V7 SLW would be the "cheaper excellent" rifle for shtf. Dunno about upper options for hunting.

Noveske Afghan Gen 3 - awesome build quality and finish, very smooth. Great for shtf. Dunno about upper options for hunting.

Precision Firearms - would be extremely accurate for hunting with all their great barrels. Dunno about the reliability for shtf as much though.

Thoughts? Caliber advice?

Thanks!

stay with something that has readily available ammo, the 243 wssm ammo is harder to find.

I have a Gen 1 Noveske Afghan in the Vltor VIS upper. It’s not the lightest but it has been the most reliable, accurate, repeatable semiauto I own. If I had to grab one to go out of the safe it likely would be it.

Reactions: YAOG
I use DD at work (the SLW barrel) and it's good to go.

FWIW, I've been looking really hard at Centurion Arms. You might check them out to see if they have something that fits your intended use. They have some interesting barrel profiles with CHF barrels, as well as stainless for precision.

Buying direct seems impossible right now, but vendors seem to have them in stock from time to time.

Only regret I’ve had with any of my DDs (two v7s and a v5 LW) was selling two of them because I was in need of some quick cash. They never gave me any reason to think twice about reliability, durability or accuracy. They really just work and do it well. I even tried to buy back the v5 LW that I sold to a friend to no avail. He really loves the thing and won’t part with it. I can’t say I blame him. Sorry, I can’t help as far as a suggestion for a hunting upper.

Knights Armament, or you die on Day-1 of the Boog.