• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guys With Guns

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
If you're seeing this for the first time please consider subscribing to this thread and joining our little group.
If you see a good cause that needs attention please PM me the details and we'll see what we can do.

I was discussing this with another member via PM, and he encouraged me to post it up here, so I will.

If @Lowlight has no issues with it, and the thread generates enough interest, perhaps it can evolve into a sticky of some kind.

Something I have been giving a lot of thought to lately is how we, the responsible shooting community, can do more to promote ourselves as good people and positive influences, combating the growing stereotypes portrayed by CNN, MSNBC, and their ilk.

Preaching to the choir in these forums is all well and good, but are we really helping our brand outside of our own walls?

With that in mind, the idea of "Good Guys With Guns" came to mind.

Us, and any who choose to join us, giving together, in small amounts each, to help small and worthy causes in our own communities and AO's.
Small amounts that on their own would be helpful, but largely unnoticed - But together, in unison, as a team, we can do some great things and promote ourselves as good, decent, caring people.

So here's a project to which I just recently contributed. It's been a few days, and the project looks like it could use a boost.

So if you feel compelled to do so, consider making a small contribution and including a reference to our project and its origins - "Sniper's Hide - Good Guys With Guns"

If you have a similar project in your community that looks like it needs a kick in the pants, post it up and let's give it a "Good Guys With Guns" boost to reach its goals.

This project has been fully funded! Scoll on.
https://www.donorschoose.org/project/open-the-magic-with-books-and-flexible-s/3300833/

Last edited:
This is a great idea for all the right reasons. We have so many benevolent people on here that have showed just what we can do as a team, a team of like minded people who come together for a common goal. Like I've said in the past. We, collectively, have the ability to change lives, literally. Why wouldn't we want to do this?

We aren't all made of money, and don't I know it, but together a few bucks here and there can make a huge difference in the end. I'm totally in for the feel good factor and to associate us as truly "Good Guys With Guns" that care about others.

Nice job Tucker.

What is an SOL standard?
Standard of Learning.
The school systems around here, and I suspect in most other places, have been using SOL Standards and Testing as educational benchmarks for decades. These have resulted in kids being taught to pass tests and not much else. They have been solely focused on preparing for the tests in order to keep accreditations and funding while not realizing that they are producing dumbed down generations of graduates who have had creativity and free thinking taught right out of them. Educators are just beginning to realize how understimulated this leaves most of the kids in the classrooms, because it lowers bars rather than raises them.

Standard of learning has mostly been Shit Outta Luck as far as getting an actual useable education is concerned.
The "learn the test" education leaves our kids at a complete disadvantage for basic life skills.
My daughters were forced through that type of schooling and learned more about useable skills through life with dad and friends.
Both say they are democrat, but their comments and responses to the crazy things going on say differently. :)

Back on topic.
I just threw another $20 on the fire to be the inaugural Good Guys With Guns donor.

M8CeviY.jpg

SOL = Shit Outta Luck, which is exactly what these kids are for the most part now. Gotta diploma and the school has funding, but most of the kids are lacking real education. was against this crap from the beginning.

Edit: Was eating ribs for lunch trying to type this. I see SOL has been explained damn near like I was trying to. :LOL:

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
Back on topic.
I just threw another $20 on the fire to be the inaugural Good Guys With Guns donor.

M8CeviY.jpg

I'm going to copy paste your comments with my donation. It'll have to be after my Family takes this guy out tonight for my happy cake day din din after work. ;)

Awesome idea.

Very positive as opposed to the negative actions of the Hogg groups.

Progress instead of resistance.

Looking forward to her response. I think you may cause cognitive dissonance.

Reactions: 1J04
Good idea. How can we expand upon it?

It’s a good idea Tucker. I just hope that recipients don’t pull some virtue signaling publicity stunt and refund the “blood money”

Reactions: Tucker301
Im in for $10 and truthfully wont be surprised if I get a message....

"Thank you but we can not accept your donation because our agenda matters more than the kids....."

Figure this is a better expenditure of $10 than donating to "White People Pay Reparations" and letting someone drink on my dime while being specifically uninvited to the party.

Man the left is so retarded in how they promote their causes.

If nothing else this makes a good compare and contrast.....

Evil Retards vs. Positive solution seekers

Last edited:
Done since I got my Wally. Seeing some familiar names on the site........ :giggle:

Only need $120. This will reach it's goal today. (y)

Plopped down a $20. That Benjamin for the 6.5 CM Raffle better pull through. :cry:

Tucker,
Great idea amigo. Thoughts on doing this collectively so that it has more of a collective impact? Not sure how we do that logistically or which would have more of an impact. I think the message needs to be fine tuned? Or perhaps individual messages would carry more weight? Catch phrases or slogans are impactful for a reason as they are repeated over and over. “Make America Great Again” as an example? Love the thought process, now how do we maximize it? All of us contribute to an account that pays out to a selected project that is voted on by the contributing members?

That's a consideration, and I had thought of it.
The thing is that if we do a collective contribution then we only are seen as one contributor.
Yes, I encourage each person to write their own message, but we do need to all tie together with a common theme as well.

That's a consideration, and I had thought of it.
The thing is that if we do a collective contribution then we only are seen as one contributor.
Yes, I encourage each person to write their own message, but we do need to all tie together with a common theme as well.

Snipers Hide Call Sign “Good Guys With Guns” ? Your idea amigo, so come up with the slogan and I’ll follow your lead.....

I may design a logo for us to use when making our contributions.
Also, these don't have to all be donations of money. If you see opportunities in your AO for making a difference by giving of your time and know other members nearby who might help, something could happen that way as well.
Maybe if we do a good job, HMFIC will buy us some t-shirts or patches.

Im so tight right now I cnat even buy a Scout Assc. raffle ticket but Im in for $5. A thought on this.

Rather than giving a large donation (my finances suck right now) how about lots of smaller donations to many good causes. The message reaches more people that way and doessnt deplete the wallet as much.

Lets come up with some more good causes and perhaps ones is area that might not be quite as open. NO point in preaching to the choir, preach to the ignorant.

I really liked the selected project! Kids need to know that LEO are not the only good guys with guns and I hope that she shares that with the kids.?

View attachment 6907879

With a salutation from the state that your in would show the depth and diversity of Snipers Hide?

Yeah, I left that out cuz state is displayed on the post, but had I not been phone fucking the message that probably would have been better than 'I hope it helps '.

Whose the damn propaganda minister around here anyway? ;)

Reactions: 1J04 and RNWRKNP
You guys are absolutely awesome!
I went and had supper and settled in for a little bit of TV. Decided to check back in and ... BOOM! Done!
This project has reached its goals!
I'm proud of each and every one of you!
Keep this thing going and maybe there will be a party at Tucker's place in the future!

Did you just stumble upon this one like a random lottery chance? Where is the next one?

No. This was a project from my AO. One to which I had already contributed to honor a friend who devotes themselves to early childhood education. The Miss Davis mentioned.
The project was floundering since I gave, so I combined my idea to promote shooters in a positive way with what I considered to be a good attainable test project.
I'll go ahead and sticky this thread and let's see what happens.
I'd like to keep us limited to perhaps one project a week in the under $500 range until we get ourselves going.
The teacher funding on that site is a good conduit, but let's see what done others come up with.
If you see something you'd like to help with post it up and let's see what we can do next week!
I'm down for $20/week or so. I just skip lunch to days and never miss it!

This sounds good. Definitely make it a sticky. I think it would be good karma for sure

No. This was a project from my AO. One to which I had already contributed to honor a friend who devotes themselves to early childhood education. The Miss Davis mentioned.
The project was floundering since I gave, so I combined my idea to promote shooters in a positive way with what I considered to be a good attainable test project.
I'd like to keep us limited to perhaps one project a week in the under $500 range until we get ourselves going.
The teacher funding on that site is a good conduit, but let's see what done others come up with.
If you see something you'd like to help with post it up and let's see what we can do next week!

Sounds good. I'll put my thinking cap on.

We should also share the idea itself with lots of other entities. Ill notify Virginia Gun Trader of what we're doing. I also know the president of the Quantico Shooting Club, and also a past president John Murphy. M-14 Forum as well. this is what I was talking about a couple months ago about getting pro active. Great idea.

I posted a final message to the teacher.
Wanted to say more, but we're limited to 1000 characters. That's like limiting me to 1000 rounds of 22. Just getting started and I'm out!

"Hi Mrs. Harris. It was a pleasure giving and recruiting my friends form the shooting community to help with your project. You should also thank Amanda Calhoun for sharing this on her Facebook page. Otherwise I would have never seen it. My brothers at Sniper's Hide are great people, and we decided that it was time for responsible and caring gun owners to do things that speak for us in terms we prefer, rather than in the framework of the current media and political climates. Like teachers, our professions and hobbies do not define us. Nor do our passions from shooting and defending this great nation and its people. It's just part of the whole us, and the shooting sports is our common ground. God bless you and all the teachers who care and give of themselves every day! Please know that you are appreciated and respected by all of us!"

From Facebook a few minutes ago.
We're onto something here, boys! Amazing work!

5UdUZ8U.jpg

Mrs. Harris is awesome. That whole situation was cool. Good job Tucker.

ETA - stupid phone. Earlier I was gonna say Tucker had a typo in his response. I've got a sharp eye for typos. Next time something comes up I'll proof read whatever is pmed to me. Turn around time something like 45 minutes at most on average, likely less, sometimes more.

Last edited:
Mrs. Harris is awesome. That whole situation was cool. Good job Tucker.

ETA - stupid phone. Earlier I was gonna say Tucker had a typo in his response. I've got a sharp eye for typos. Next time something comes up I'll proof read whatever is pmed to me. Turn around time something like 45 minutes at most on average, likely less, sometimes more.
You talking about “form the community “? I can spot typos easily too

Reactions: 1J04 and Tucker301
What an awesome response. Feel Good Stage: "Achieved".

Nice job guys!

We should probably delete Socially Unacceptable thread. :ROFLMAO: