• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Now I have seen everything

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
I cant get my fingers wrapped around this. A buddy of mine just ordered a rifle that I have not heard of before. Just a normal hunting rig, then i went in and looked at their "Snipery" rigs and I saw this. Who in the hell would ever put a "dust cover" on a bold gun. Is that really needed? Talk about tits on a bull. Just going to leave this here for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• seekins_pic.jpg
    seekins_pic.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 345
The Japanese did it with the Arisaka, the French and Germans had add on mud/dust covers in WWI, the Sig Cross has a dust cover, it's not unheard of.
you know you are right, considering that the above mentioned are all post WWI designs, I can see that. Maybe I should of put in "Modern" Im sure it was some dudes idea to make it look more tactical

Reactions: Compadre
People that shoot in dusty conditions would disagree with you.

but why? maybe its because im getting older that I cant see the reason
Maybe you just woke up in a bad mood ? I get smarter the older I get , and I see nothing wrong with a dust cover . Also, it looks much better than those damn spiral fluted bolts you see these days .. :)

but why? maybe its because im getting older that I cant see the reason
Probably.

I'm sure some of these guys probably would've liked a dust cover

I also can't tell you how many times I and other shooters have covered our guns with TAB Gear rifle covers and the like to keep rain, dust, and stuff off the guns. If rain, dust, sticks, and shit weren't such a problem for guns then rifle covers like the ones from TAB Gear, SoloHntr, Armageddon Gear, and who else knows wouldn't have a market.

I'm glad you haven't had issues over the course of 35 years but the future is now old man lol.

Probably.

I'm sure some of these guys probably would've liked a dust cover

I also can't tell you how many times I and other shooters have covered our guns with TAB Gear rifle covers and the like to keep rain, dust, and stuff off the guns. If rain, dust, sticks, and shit weren't such a problem for guns then rifle covers like the ones from TAB Gear, SoloHntr, Armageddon Gear, and who else knows wouldn't have a market.

I'm glad you haven't had issues over the course of 35 years but the future is now old man lol.

lol.. Its all good brother

A dust cover is not necessary, until it is. Better to have and not need, and all that…

Reactions: FuhQ
It could also be noted that the dust cover on military bolt actions did not go away because they were un-necessary, but because they were difficult to get right, and too expensive for war time production. History has shown that the AR10/15 dust cover "got it right." Adding that $5 piece to a foul weather hunting rifle could be pretty cheap insurance today.

Could be my old AK friend, known by most as Free Fall Paul.
He is a grouchy old fart.
Has great taste in rifles, revolvers, and pistols for sure.

BUT, all aside, he would understand places that have a lot of wind and moon dust than Alaska.

Alaska, where you get 3 days of sun and the ground is still damp…..

This isn't going to go the way you think. If it works with the bolt back/open, this would be great at dusty PRS matches.

1703119156636.png