• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Now I have to worry about sharks?

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
A shrimp trawl hauled in this 6 ft bull shark in Pass Manchac, which is the main connecting waterway between Lake Maurepas and Lake Pontchartrain. Several years ago, dredging Lake Pontchartrain was ceased and the water quality drastically improved. Several salt water species (redfish, speckled trout, etc) made their way back into Lake Pontchartrain and eventually into the pass. Pass Manchac and Lake Maurepas are great places to kneeboard and waterski during the summer.

shark.jpg

shark2.jpg

shark3.jpg

Re: Now I have to worry about sharks?

Knee boarding could turn into "Nub" boarding with those critters cruising around.

Re: Now I have to worry about sharks?

I was just wade fishing near there last night. I usually let my buddies tether the stringer from their belts.
laugh.gif

In August 2004 on Big Branch, a guy had a stringer of specks ripped from his kayak about 50 yards from me. I got outta the water pretty quick that night.