• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Now @ SOK: Guide Sensmart Thermals

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Guide Sensmart is a little known yet huge outfit out of China, significantly larger than their closest competitor. They traditionally offer unique products based on global regions such as South America, EMEA, APAC, etc., and are now here in the US in our backyard. While the name may not be familiar, they have specialized over the past several years at delivering an OEM solution for huge outfits commonly known in the optics world. If a product comes from China, chances are they either made it or influenced it in some way or form.

SOK will be offering the following linked here.

If you found the Steiner C35 & S35 end-of-year deals to be amazing, you're going to love these.

Thermal Weapon Sights: 25mm, 35mm, 50mm
384 Core: $1799 - $2350​
640 Core: $2599 - $3199​

Thermal Weapon Sights with LRF: 35mm, 50mm
640 Core: $3799 - $4199​

Clip-Ons: 50mm
384 Core: $2699​
640 Core: $3799​

Fusion Thermal Monocular: 35mm, 50mm
640 Core: $2849 - $2999​

Product highlights include:
12um Sensors​
10 Year Warranty, Dallas based Support​
Overbore Display to Sensor Ratio​
Highly customizable menus​
Manual Focus on the Objective​
Simple to use User Interface​
18650 battery in almost all optics​
Alloy housing​
Rigid mounting​
Highly polarized black & whites like BAE​

Closing note, we’re very impressed with the sensitivity, image, and manufacture quality of these things. For the guys that are considering a Chinese solution, these should be at the top of your list. You can expect equal or better performance relative to price than the nearest competitors.

Youtube videos coming this month.

I've spent several nights out with a couple of these in different conditions and settings. They seem to be a great fit as low cost units, with usable 384 units being under $2k and usable 640s under $3k.
The manual focus helps a lot.
I've used them as handheld and tripod mounted scanners. I got some video, but I need to download and edit as most of my videos are pretty long and boring. But I'm working on that.

And we've been told the brand names which have previously distributed GuideIR products include: Steiner, Burris, Bering Optic and AGM. Might be others, but those are the ones we've been told.

These look like they could be very promising! Need pics and videos, come on Wig, it's time to stop shooting and get into that comfy office chair and start editing :geek: :sneaky:

Reactions: stefan73
Any idea on weight for the clip ons?

Getting a lot of questions around availability.

If you can add a unit to cart, it is in stock.

We're expecting more inventory this week including the majority of the line-up we offer, likely by mid-end of week.

REALLY excited to see if this is the low cost yet reliable solution for a backup clip-on device. Super voter C level but $1,500-2k cheaper?!?!? Intriguing!

Getting a lot of questions around availability.

If you can add a unit to cart, it is in stock.

We're expecting more inventory this week including the majority of the line-up we offer, likely by mid-end of week.
Got a couple of questions on the TA651 mount interface’s ? Looks like the smallest eye cup adapter is 38mm I’m running a LVPO 1x8 FFP so im assuming it will be picatinny or have an interface for it ? Interface for a helmet mount? Also any preset zeros that can be saved when switching rifle platforms ? Any info would be appreciated as this looks like it checks all the boxes for what I’ve been looking for and when do you foresee getting them in stock?

Hey Gents,

We’re in the process of custom fabricating a picatinny mount that supports 1.3” 1.5” and 1.7” heights. Idea being the EFR guys never have much luck with perfect alignment and the 1.7” high speed guys don’t have an easy solution either. ADM or Larue levers with aluminum spacers.

We have the thermals in stock, but won’t be adding them to the website until the mounts are ready. Expect to see these shipping in 4 weeks.

Using a Dual CC, I’m just touching the corners of the display at 2x optical. That’s hand holding thermal in front, but will verify once mounts are done.

Preston

I ordered a TD631 handheld scanner a couple days ago I should have it Monday. 640 resolution, LRF and it takes 18650s it should be pretty tough to beat for the money. Hopefully it blows my pulsar axion 2 XQ35 pro away, it should being 384.

Reactions: southerngolfer
Hold up... Not to sidetrack this, but I'm curious about something... If " ALL Chinese thermals suck" and "AGM and iRay both suck because it's made in China"... Then why are these Chinese-built thermals ok to post up without the usual suspects criticizing them? And what makes these any better than any other Chinese thermal optics? Seems extremely hypocritical of many names I'm seeing in here that love to hate any time a Chinese optic is mentioned, especially AGM... 🤣😂🤣

China is rapidly overtaking most of the world in some tech sectors. Taiwan still leads in chip making. They are constantly improving and competing with other Chinese manufacturer to capture market share. They have access to rare earth elements and stuff that were too elitist to produce because it involves mining and hydrocarbons and other activities that might insult the environment. So, if Chinese thermals aren't as good yet as BAE, they probably will be shortly.

It's too bad. This state of affairs is all self inflicted: We made the storm then stand outside and complain because it's raining.

Hold up... Not to sidetrack this, but I'm curious about something... If " ALL Chinese thermals suck" and "AGM and iRay both suck because it's made in China"... Then why are these Chinese-built thermals ok to post up without the usual suspects criticizing them? And what makes these any better than any other Chinese thermal optics? Seems extremely hypocritical of many names I'm seeing in here that love to hate any time a Chinese optic is mentioned, especially AGM... 🤣😂🤣

Not sure I track, and if this is a slight at me or someone else. SOK's stance is to offer up products that fit a need or gap. This is largely based on price point and capability - usually both. AGM offers some products SOK is considering carrying as example.

To those keeping tabs on the TR650 availability, we have added more inventory to the website.

You can also add a LRF to this device

Always call or PM @wigwamitus or myself to see if there is a bundled price or promotion going on.

Thanks,
Preston

Last edited:
Not sure I track, and if this is a slight at me or someone else. SOK's stance is to offer up products that fit a need or gap. This is largely based on price point and capability - usually both. AGM offers some products SOK is considering carrying as example.

Thanks,
Preston
No... It wasn't a "slight" to anyone, so much as it was an ironic observation. With many other names as well... People who constantly criticize certain brands mentioned in other threads because it's not their favorite brand, and the only reason they can come up with why they hate them is "bacause made in China..." But, at the same time, I see them in here genuinely interested (without criticism) to know more about these thermals that are also made in China. It's just that at times, the irony and hypocrisy on this forum is hilarious to me. It was just an observation post, and not a slight at anyone personally...That's why I didn't tag anyone.

No... It wasn't a "slight" to anyone, so much as it was an ironic observation. With many other names as well... People who constantly criticize certain brands mentioned in other threads because it's not their favorite brand, and the only reason they can come up with why they hate them is "bacause made in China..." But, at the same time, I see them in here genuinely interested (without criticism) to know more about these thermals that are also made in China. It's just that at times, the irony and hypocrisy on this forum is hilarious to me. It was just an observation post, and not a slight at anyone personally...That's why I didn't tag anyone.
Probably because this is what they can afford for a system like this. Lets face it most of us can't afford a Skeet IRX or something of that type expense.

For the price point this looks promising. I have a couple of things my funds are tied up in before I can buy more toys.

Probably because this is what they can afford for a system like this. Lets face it most of us can't afford a Skeet IRX or something of that type expense.

For the price point this looks promising. I have a couple of things my funds are tied up in before I can buy more toys.
I think you misunderstood my comment... I wasn't criticizing the OP or the optics that he's discussing. I was stating that several others commenting in here, have been criticizing other made in China brands in other thermal threads, but then I saw them in here interested to know more about these [also] made in China thermals. I just found it ironic and hypocritical of them...And funny.

Grabbed a TR650 after a long chat with @SkyScrapin and so far I am impressed! Lots of features and held its own while zeroing in a torential downpour! Taking it out tonight for some real world testing against the garden raiders.

BTW @SkyScrapin the hot spot tracking feature? Way too cool and I am amazed no one else (that I know of... I'm poor!) offers something like it! Damn near ended one of my house cats because of it! :LOL:

Grabbed a TR650 after a long chat with @SkyScrapin and so far I am impressed! Lots of features and held its own while zeroing in a torential downpour! Taking it out tonight for some real world testing against the garden raiders.

BTW @SkyScrapin the hot spot tracking feature? Way too cool and I am amazed no one else (that I know of... I'm poor!) offers something like it! Damn near ended one of my house cats because of it! :LOL:
can't wait to hear what you think about it after tonight

Reactions: nikonNUT
can't wait to hear what you think about it after tonight
Fixing to head out but I did take it out in the yard and scoped a squirrel at about 70 yards. Looked just like a squirrel and as mentioned the hot track feature is wild. Turn it on and it pops up a cricle with a dot in the middle. It locked on to that squirrel and stayed with it as long as the squeaker was visible in the screen. Disappeared behind a tree and as soon as it showed itself again the dot was on it! Not sure of the application but it was neat!

So not a critter in sight this evening. I may have to start grabbing a nap and heading out later at night. The deer didn't even make an appearance but it gave me time to fiddle with settings and the like. It was suprisingly sticky for April and I am dreading summer! Condition were as follows...
Time and temp.jpg

So with nothing moving all I could do was snap a pic of the garden. This is at the 2.8x native magnification looking at my friends corn feeder behind his garden. Full disclosure... I snapped this on my phone via the app that lets you control the sight remotely and by control I mean you can adjust every setting you can access on the sight itself down to magnification and the location of the PIP. Feeder is at 60 yards and yes, my varminting is done up close and personal. Mostly raccoon and opossums but I have seen bobcats and foxes (but they are smart and wary so seeing is all I have had the chance to do)...

TR650.JPG

And same feeder on 10.2X. You can see the solar panel charge cord. Still at 60 yards. BTW, I zeroed during a thunder storm and had no issues getting it done!
Up Close.JPG

Took my trusty iRay MH25 HMT (V1 with a PVS-14 eyepiece) for scanning and the TR650 whipped up on it pretty good! And the phone pic doesn't do it justice (SAYS everybody but really!) So pros and cons.
Cons...
1)The front lens cap is meh. Just a snap-in cover teatherd by a rubber band like strap. The cap is fine but the teather sucks! Easy fix is to cut it off and when you pull the cap off stick it in your pocket. The cool fix is to get a cover from one hundred concepts. BTW, @SkyScrapin told me about this so no suprise.
2) The rear accordion eye cup also gets in the way. One again I was warned and you can just fold it over on itself and be good to go!
3) This one is a pro and con so grain of salt. Battery life is an unknown. As you can see I used about half (18650) in 3 hours BUT I was running WiFi the whole time and that kills battery life regardless of the thermal so I think 8 hours is doable just being out and about. Need more? Carry an extra cell or do like my buddies do. Get the round Anker power bank. It will fit in a standard Amazon M-lok weapon light mount. Extra juice, simple mounting solution!
4) Focus requires a light touch as the sweet spot isn't as forgiving as, say, my RH25 but at almost 3 times the base magnification I don't think that should suprise anyone.
5) One small gripe that I will quickly learn to ignore but after you zero the scope the cross hairs mis-align with the cross hairs in the PIP at base magnification. Notice the location of the green dot in relation to the same dot in the PIP. Increase the magnification and and they line back up with each other (See the red crosshairs). Again, being extra critcal here and I will forget/ignore it quickly. Damn my OCD! :LOL:
That's all I've got for cons so onto the pros...
1) Not really about the performance but the TR650 is fairly compact and light especially for an alloy housing. Dedicated is waaayyyy mo' betta than clip on. Lighter and better balance for the win! This is on a Tippmann M4-22 Elite (AR22)...
Guide TR650.jpeg

2) I don't want to say the resoltion is better because 640 is 640 and 12um is 12um but perhaps the abilty to resolve (I think thats the term I am looking for) is great! That pine tree on the left? Solid white on the MH25 and not much better on the RH25 (and I have spent hours tweaking the RH25). The TR650 manages to pull some bark detail and that is impressive seeing as it glows like a nuclear fuel rod! Does iRays Martix III algorithm widen that gap? I can't say but who knows what the next TR650 firmware update will bring. When I updated mine it was a 500-ish MB down load! Lots going on there. BTW Guide? Some firmware release notes would be nice. What exactly am I updating?
3)Lots of features. 10 rifle profiles, 10 reticles with 5 color options and 10 brightness settigns, and individual zeros for 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. Not sure why unless the optional BT LRF can tell the TR650 which zero to work off of? @SkyScrapin Thoughts? You can even select the postion of the PIP (Yes, it has it) at top left, top middle, or top right. And the hot spot tracking is neat-o! :LOL:
4) I think battery life will be great if you aren't blowing it out with the brightness setting or using WiFi non-stop! There is a selectable power saving option in the quick menu as well. Not sure what that throttles so extra battery for me or external power.
5) Not a ton of buttons. One for power (doubles as a NUC button and screen off), one for picture/video and one on the selector dial for menu inputs. Along those lines the dial for magnification is nice! Much smaller increments that the standard 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x and no cycling through. Want more zoom? Turn the dial one way. Want less zoom? Turn the dial the other way! Easy.
6) Personal pro but I think this thing punches above its price! Very personal opinion but dang! $3200.00? I'm keeping it for sure.

As an aside... I'm not bashing iRay. Love both of mine and don't regret dropping $10K combined on them but not sure they will get it done at 200+ yards thumping 'yotes. And that is where the TR650 will live. On a 22ARC AR-15 I'm having built for the purpose. The RH25 will live on one of my 22s for smaller critters or as a hand held (PVS-14 on the helmet) or HMT scanner when calling. The MH25 will do the same when the RH25 is playing clip-on. All in all I am impressed and I've shown it to the fella with the garden and he runs an iRay RS75 (The iRay 1280 $18K beast) and other expensive thermals. Seriously, dude has (3) RH25s for loaners and I just helped him pick out a pair of L3 harris high spec PVS-14s just because he liked mine. High praise I think? I like the TR650 and I'm not regretting my purchase!

Last edited:
So not a critter in sight this evening. I may have to start grabbing a nap and heading out later at night. The deer didn't even make an appearance but it gave me time to fiddle with settings and the like. It was suprisingly sticky for April and I am dreading summer! Condition were as follows...
View attachment 8399126

So with nothing moving all I could do was snap a pic of the garden. This is at the 2.8x native magnification looking at my friends corn feeder behind his garden. Full disclosure... I snapped this on my phone via the app that lets you control the sight remotely and by control I mean you can adjust every setting you can access on the sight itself down to magnification and the location of the PIP. Feeder is at 60 yards and yes, my varminting is done up close and personal. Mostly raccoon and opossums but I have seen bobcats and foxes (but they are smart and wary so seeing is all I have had the chance to do)...

View attachment 8399131
And same feeder on 10.2X. You can see the solar panel charge cord. Still at 60 yards. BTW, I zeroed during a thunder storm and had no issues getting it done!
View attachment 8399132
Took my trusty iRay MH25 HMT (V1 with a PVS-14 eyepiece) for scanning and the TR650 whipped up on it pretty good! And the phone pic doesn't do it justice (SAYS everybody but really!) So pros and cons.
Cons...
1)The front lens cap is meh. Just a snap-in cover teatherd by a rubber band like strap. The cap is fine but the teather sucks! Easy fix is to cut it off and when you pull the cap off stick it in your pocket. The cool fix is to get a cover from one hundred concepts. BTW, @SkyScrapin told me about this so no suprise.
2) The rear accordion eye cup also gets in the way. One again I was warned and you can just fold it over on itself and be good to go!
3) This one is a pro and con so grain of salt. Battery life is an unknown. As you can see I used about half (18650) in 3 hours BUT I was running WiFi the whole time and that kills battery life regardless of the thermal so I think 8 hours is doable just being out and about. Need more? Carry an extra cell or do like my buddies do. Get the round Anker power bank. It will fit in a standard Amazon M-lok weapon light mount. Extra juice, simple mounting solution!
4) Focus requires a light touch as the sweet spot isn't as forgiving as, say, my RH25 but at almost 3 times the base magnification I don't think that should suprise anyone.
5) One small gripe that I will quickly learn to ignore but after you zero the scope the cross hairs mis-align with the cross hairs in the PIP at base magnification. Notice the location of the green dot in relation to the same dot in the PIP. Increase the magnification and and they line back up with each other (See the red crosshairs). Again, being extra critcal here and I will forget/ignore it quickly. Damn my OCD! :LOL:
That's all I've got for cons so onto the pros...
1) Not really about the performance but the TR650 is fairly compact and light especially for an alloy housing. Dedicated is waaayyyy mo' betta than clip on. Lighter and better balance for the win! This is on a Tippmann M4-22 Elite (AR22)...
View attachment 8399166
2) I don't want to say the resoltion is better because 640 is 640 and 12um is 12um but perhaps the abilty to resolve (I think thats the term I am looking for) is great! That pine tree on the left? Solid white on the MH25 and not much better on the RH25 (and I have spent hours tweaking the RH25). The TR650 manages to pull some bark detail and that is impressive seeing as it glows like a nuclear fuel rod! Does iRays Martix III algorithm widen that gap? I can't say but who knows what the next TR650 firmware update will bring. When I updated mine it was a 500-ish MB down load! Lots going on there. BTW Guide, some release notes would be nice. What exactly am I updating?
3)Lots of features. 10 rifle profiles, 10 reticles with 5 color options and 10 brightness settigns, and indiviual zeros for 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. Not sure why unless the optional BT LRF can tell the TR650 which zero to work off of? @SkyScrapin Thoughts? You can even select the postion of the PIP (Yes, it has it) at top left, top middle, or top right. And the hot spot tracking is neat-o! :LOL:
4) I think battery life will be great if you aren't blowing it out with the brightness setting or using WiFi non-stop! There is a selectable power saving option in the quick menu as well. Not sure what that throttles so extra battery for me or external power.
5) Not a ton of buttons. One for power (doubles as a NUC button and screen off), one for picture/video and one on the selector dial for menu inputs. Along those lines the dial for magnification is nice! Much smaller increments that the standard 1x, 2x, 4x, and 8x and no cycling through. Want more zoom? Turn the dial one way. Want less zoom? Turn the dial the other way! Easy.
6) Personal pro but I think this thing punches above its price! Very peronal opinion but dang! $3200.00? I'm keeping it for sure.

As an aside... I'm not bashing iRay. Love both of mine and don't regret dropping $10K combined on them but not sure they will get it done at 200+ yards thumping 'yotes. And that is where the TR650 will live. On a 22ARC AR-15 I'm having built for the purpose. The RH25 will live on one of my 22s for smaller critters or as a hand held (PVS-14 on the helmet) or HMT scanner when calling. The MH25 will do the same when the RH25 is playing clip-on. All in all I am impressed and I've shown it to the fella with the garden and he runs an iRay RS75s (The iRay 1280 $18K beast) and other expensive thermals. Seriously, dude has (3) RH25s for loaners and I just helped him pick out a pair of L3 harris high spec PVS-14s just because he liked mine. High praise I think? I like the TR650 and I'm not regretting my purchase!

Appreciate the kind words and feedback.

In my experience, these units handle humidity very well. I took a TR630 out in a drizzly rain this week and while the terrain was relatively temp flat and wet, the sensor was able to discern terrain features that would ordinarily be a see of grey in other thermals.

The yardage markers are used for specific zero's. You can quickly adjust from one zero to the next if your engagement distances varies form set to set. I usually shoot a 35mm starting at 50y~ and get my last shots of at 300-350y on running sounders. I typically zero at 100y and hold under up close and over at distance depending on caliber.

We do have the S600 range finders in stock which would easily tell the user what range their target is at for quick adjustment. This feature is likely more important to a coyote hunter than a pig hunter, or if varmint hunting.

Appreciate the kind words and feedback.

In my experience, these units handle humidity very well. I took a TR630 out in a drizzly rain this week and while the terrain was relatively temp flat and wet, the sensor was able to discern terrain features that would ordinarily be a see of grey in other thermals.

The yardage markers are used for specific zero's. You can quickly adjust from one zero to the next if your engagement distances varies form set to set. I usually shoot a 35mm starting at 50y~ and get my last shots of at 300-350y on running sounders. I typically zero at 100y and hold under up close and over at distance depending on caliber.

We do have the S600 range finders in stock which would easily tell the user what range their target is at for quick adjustment. This feature is likely more important to a coyote hunter than a pig hunter, or if varmint hunting.
@SkyScrapin Are you saying you can toggle thru the different zero settings for distances to be expected -or- if you propagate data into each zero range the crosshair hash marks below zero (think the red one in my pictures) will adjust for a BDC style set-up? I'm good either way but the second option would be BADASS!

Last edited:
@SkyScrapin Are you saying you can toggle thru the different zero settings for distances to be expected -or- if you propagate data into each zero range the crosshair hash marks below zero (think the red one in my pictures) will adjust for a BDC style set-up? I'm good either way but the second option would be BADASS!

The former. I do not believe you can create a custom BDC reticle based on your various zeros at this point.

I ran a bunch of numbers and anything 30 cal wise is fine even 338. Used 6.2 Lbs as lowest rifle weight, couldnt break 500G.

I ran a bunch of numbers and anything 30 cal wise is fine even 338. Used 6.2 Lbs as lowest rifle weight, couldnt break 500G.
I'm too stupid to do that level of math.

Any chance these things can hold up to a low recoil 1150 fps 12 gauge slug/buck? I'm trying to find something I can mount on a few of my shotguns simply...because. :)

So am I sure that everyone will file this under "knew that already" but I reached out the GuideIR usa and asked about running the 18650 battery plus an external power bank and they said to rock on! Guessing with a 3500mAh in the unit and a 21700 5000mAh external I should be good for 15 to 20 hours of run time.