• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nox 18 on a 12 gauge semi-auto

BamaSE

Chairborne Squad Commander
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
Dothan, Alabama
Has anyone here ran a Nox 18 on a 12 gauge semi-auto…..Beretta, Benelli, etc?

Scheming on how to more efficiently kill larger sounders clustered at the feeders at very close range……outside of trapping.

Nox 18 is supposed to be rated .50 BMG. But I do not know how that relates to a 12 gauge semi and multiple back to back rounds. Curious if anyone has tried it and results.

@Max_R please advise if you have any input.
Thanks!

Reactions: Max_R and YotieJ
Red dot with a light or IR laser with NODs would be much better than a NOX18 mounted on the shotty. The NOX is awesome to spot and stalk though!
Yep it is. Have a Nox35 on my primary 6.8 SBR. Went down the PVS14/IR laser rabbit hole a few years back….then onto the HMT and even twin MH25’s at one point. But never really took to the helmet rig and the setup isn’t very practical for my hunting style. Now it is launch the drone, find them, then make a stalk and get as close as possible given the wind.

But the few feeders we still run occasionally bring in these larger sounders and while mag dumping is fun, would like a more proficient way to put them down. Including the little ones, and especially in the woods where there is not much chance for consecutive follow up rifle shots.

Last edited:
I ran a halo lr on a benelli sbe. 3.5" full power loads would kill the cr123 batteries but with a battery pack it was fine

Reactions: Max_R