• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nox 35 Bolt Action mount

Ccampff

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2022
Houston, Tx
Checking to see if anyone is running the Nox 35 on a bolt action and if so what mount are you using? Factory mount is a little far forward for my liking on a bolt gun.

Kram spacers will work if you widen one of the holes a bit. I use the thinnest one with the stock nox mount to get it further back on my 22.

Mines an 18 so I get some shadow no matter what due to the wide fov. You can get a wide variation of of heights with the different kram spacers and mini acog mounts. The hole pattern on the kram is a little off from the nox so bolt your factory mount to it to use as a template to drill or file it out. For instance this is a tall mini acog mount and the thinnest kram.
20220427_181520-2364352.jpg

Reactions: koshkin and Max_R
If you use a Kram with the factory mount, do you have to find some sort of nut for the front screw to hold it on there? I read on another forum that only one of the Kram holes are threaded.

Yes you'll need a nut for the rear hole. It needs to be narrow or tapered so it'll sit flush on the bottom of the v shaped channel. The one in the pic above I used a nut off of a pic rail sling swivel. The other ones I got a nylock nut from the hardware store and flipped it upside down so the rounded part is down. Still didn't quite fit so I ground some flats into it.

Don't think this is the exact one but it gives an idea.

mag502-blk_magpul_rsa-rail_sling_attachment_01.1_1.jpg

Might be a little late to the party but check out Billet Percision Rifles.. 2 of my buddies are running them. Not QD but no they're solid. First pic is a random pic of one before anodizing. One on right is next 2 bobro

Attachments

• IMG_20230430_121612.jpg
    IMG_20230430_121612.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20230430_121703.jpg
    IMG_20230430_121703.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 95
img_4507-jpeg.8132902

Looks a little silly, but I threw the Kram 9.0 on the factory ADM B2 mount and tested the height over bore and it wouldn’t quite clear the DBAL, but if you throw it on the unity riser it clears everything. I have an ADM cantilever mount on the way so I’ll post photos of that setup once it arrives to give everyone another option to consider.

Attachments

• IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    601 KB · Views: 563
My nephew made it for me. I guess he’s some hot shot machinist or something.

Give me a few hours and Ill get you some pictures. You’re gonna like it I guarantee it.

Might be a little late to the party but check out Billet Percision Rifles.. 2 of my buddies are running them. Not QD but no they're solid. First pic is a random pic of one before anodizing. One on right is next 2 bobro

this is what i want. thanks for this. i called for Billet Precision and hopefully get one coming my way.

Reactions: YotieJ
This is what I run whenever a sight needs to be moved back. However, it will raise it 5/8"as well.

LaRue LT101

A friend of mine used American Defense AD-B2 Cantilever mount 1.93" which raises and brings it back more posteriorly to the eye and gives you clearance for devices on the top rail. Mild filing was needed to get the rear most screw hole to line up, see red arrow. This was secured with two screws @ 20 inch lbs of torque. This mount comes in 2.3", 1.9", 1.6", 1.5" and 1.4" heights, see American Defenses website.

20231028_095904.jpg
20231028_100141.jpg
20231028_092605.jpg
20231028_095826.jpg

These pictures are the adapters on a Halo LRF, but it sets up the same way it would if your using a NOX.

These give you enough eye relief to use on a bolt gun as well, but you will need a cheek rest.

Just add spacers until your eye relief is comfy for you.
IMG_6032.jpeg

Like this for example.
IMG_6033.jpeg

Shown here screwed on the Halo XRF with a shuttered eye piece attached.
IMG_6036.jpeg