• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nox18 w/ extras $4800 shipped

Archer574

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Southwest Michigan
I'm selling my "like new" nox18. This has been well cared for and was only used as a scanner. This was purchased 10/17/2022 so it has most of the 5 year warranty left. If you have any questions or need additional photos please feel free ask. I'm also available over the phone text or talk. No trades. Asking $4800 shipped and insured ups ground. PayPal is preferred but I will do other forms of payment just let me know.
Comes with:
- everything that came from the factory
- jl metalworx lanyard attachment
- jl metalworx eyepiece
- shuttered rubber eye piece
- comfortable padded lanyard
- 1 keep power recharable 18650 battery
- flip up cover
20230301_094209.jpg
20230301_093100.jpg
20230301_093014.jpg
20230301_093000.jpg
20230301_092950.jpg
20230301_092940.jpg
20230301_092725.jpg
20230301_092707.jpg
20230301_100448.jpg
20230301_092541.jpg
20230301_092532.jpg
20230301_091845.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah it's a good price. I looked through one at last year's East Coast Night Shoot and it was astounding! Head mount, weapon mount or handheld. It's fully capable. GLWS. I've already got an XRF-50 or I'd have this.

Reactions: Archer574
Yeah it's a good price. I looked through one at last year's East Coast Night Shoot and it was astounding! Head mount, weapon mount or handheld. It's fully capable. GLWS. I've already got an XRF-50 or I'd have this.
Sounds like you need a scanner/backup shooter 😉

@dbnerb is a scammer. I'm pretty sure he got me for my nox18. Just a heads up.it was my fault and I felt it coming after I shipped I noticed the address he had me send it to didn't match the PayPal address associated with the account. This will likely let them win the claim they just filed against me through PayPal. Oh well you live and you learn but he claimed his name was Henry Zhang Xu. The PayPal account was in supposedly his wife's name Aiming Xu.
Screenshot_20230404-184533_Messages.jpg

I wish I was more internet smart. I hate people like this. Anyone out there smart enough to get to this guy? You can have the thermal if he still has it. I just hate to see a scum bag get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikefraz
I’ve looked through public records and can’t find any of their names.

Supposedly the residence at that address sold for 845 K in October 2022

I hate scammers and wish the worst upon them. I have lost some money to them, but nowhere near that amount.

I hope you are successful. Get law enforcement involved. It can't hurt.

Last edited:
if I was still at Weapons School at Nellis I could of paid that address a visit.

I have someone looking into some things and I will most likely file a report when I have all my information together. He is located in WA but his ip was pinging off the outskirts. I'll see where this rabbit hole goes.

@dbnerb is a scammer. I'm pretty sure he got me for my nox18. Just a heads up.it was my fault and I felt it coming after I shipped I noticed the address he had me send it to didn't match the PayPal address associated with the account. This will likely let them win the claim they just filed against me through PayPal. Oh well you live and you learn but he claimed his name was Henry Zhang Xu. The PayPal account was in supposedly his wife's name Aiming Xu.
View attachment 8112656
The delivery address being different than the address associated with PayPal has nothing to do with the claim. You just need to show PayPal the buyer requested it be delivered to a different address. I assume it was an insured shipment and for that dollar amount there has to be a physical signature. If you did a PayPal Friends and Family payment you're fucked, never do that.

The delivery address being different than the address associated with PayPal has nothing to do with the claim. You just need to show PayPal the buyer requested it be delivered to a different address. I assume it was an insured shipment and for that dollar amount there has to be a physical signature. If you did a PayPal Friends and Family payment you're fucked, never do that.
No, if he did a friends and family payment this guy couldn’t have filed a claim in the first place. Accepting goods and services as a seller opens you up to stuff like this.

View attachment 8112656
The owner of that address is:
SPROULE ROBERT & SPROULE NICOLA

Their Tax address is:
127 W FAIRBANKS AVE # 431 WINTER PARK FL 32789

The owner of that address is:
SPROULE ROBERT & SPROULE NICOLA

Their Tax address is:
127 W FAIRBANKS AVE # 431 WINTER PARK FL 32789
They will sit on an address and get the package / money when it is dropped off. This is why “send a money order with tracking” is aGiant Red flag.

Address could have zero to do with it

I appreciate all the feedback. Ultimately I just made this thread to warn people and remind them scammers are still out there. Hopefully henry/dbnerd will not con anyone else. I also hope PayPal sees through the bullshit but my hopes are not high.

Last edited:
So an Itar controlled item just “left” the books and is probably in its way to a communist right now.

Reactions: savagepc.223
Fyi PayPal decided in favor of that guy. Ups couldn't do anything for me. PayPal even still charged me the ($170) 3.5% transaction fee and a $15 case review fee so that was interesting. I messaged tacswap also but never heard back. Just wanted to update you and thank you for your time and help. I'm pretty sure this is my thermal for sale through tacswap. https://www.tacswap.com/post/6430410368191c51d0bee811
Maybe he bought it cheap and is flipping it. Maybe he could have info on thief.

Infuriating for sure

several years ago I got screwed by pay pal until I threatened a federal investigation and then three months later I got my money back--mostly. I will never use them again. Now when I sell anything it is by check and then goes to my bank and then after the bank has cleared it I will ship the item. Usually takes a couple days..
You will likely not get any action from your local police and besides that they have no jurisdiction at the alleged delivery point.. Make sure the serial number is recorded to the locals and DHS as it is ITAR restricted.

Sorry you got screwed, but you did--and not in a good way..

I am just joining SH and am quickly becoming educated about how these scams are run. This thread, while terribly frustrating and infortunate for @Archer574, is also incredibly helpful for someone like myself who is new here. So thanks for sharing. I found this thread because I am considering a used Nox18 or Nox35 and was curious to browse past sales and also to understand how to make a successful transaction here if/when I am ready to buy. As a buyer
I am open to FF Paypal or money order/ check to a reputable member here, but in the meantime I'm interested in advice to build credibility and also to navigate a solid exchange.

Shiiiiiit I hate to see you got fucked over on this! I almost bought this from you too. Really wish I would have now. Man get a lawyer involved with PayPal. That’s just too much money to let go.

Reactions: mikefraz