• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NOX35 flip dovetail to QD side of optic?

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
Is it possible to put the dovetail for a Wilcox to the bottom of the optic where the pic QD mount is? My screws must be loctited because I feel like I’m on the verge of stripping them so before I proceed to ruin a screw, I was curious.

I ask this because, I thought using a Wilcox FTS mount on a picatinny rail would be way quicker to slip it in when I use the Nox35 as a scanner versus fumbling trying to make sure I get the QD in the right spot in the dark. Though I don’t know if there’s too much play in that type of mount to maintain a perfect zero?

IMG_4907.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

Hello @bmicek, yes, placing the dovetail in place of the ADM mount is possible. This configuration is a part of the design. See Nox User Manual page 13 (Configuring NOX for Left Eye Use).

Hello @bmicek, yes, placing the dovetail in place of the ADM mount is possible. This configuration is a part of the design. See Nox User Manual page 13 (Configuring NOX for Left Eye Use).
Awesome thanks for the info. I also sent an email asking about my issue with super tight hex screws as well 😬

Reactions: Max_R