• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

nozler 168gr BT

Re: nozler 168gr BT

I am not sure what you are asking here ? The 168 gr Nosler BT is a bullet and thus does not have a Cartridge Overall Length in and of itself . Are you looking for the length that a cartridge should be when loaded with the 168 gr Nosler BT ?

I just switch over to the 168 noslers from the 168 sierras and COAL is on average 2.825. It is seated .010 away from the lands of my barrel. If i do remember correctly the sierras would be about .010 shorter COAL with my barrel.

My manual says 2.750 . If you have the tooling you could measure how far it is to the lands and then back it off .005 . Depending on your rifle that may be longer than you can load into the magazine . If thats the case then load them as long as you can and still stuff them in the magazine . they are fairly tolerant to jumping to the lands but the closer you can get them the better .