• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NPR nightforce

scifri44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Just been wanting to know if anyone here used it . I have a MLR for my 300 WM mag and just I like to know basic info on it . If so, how good is it, do you like it? How does it compare with the MLR ...

Re: NPR nightforce

MLR is great. Works with the mil system. Why change??? I like the MLR better than the Mil dots you can measure more closely and accurately with the 1/2 mil in between the mil spaceing. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300DM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MLR is great. Works with the mil system. Why change??? I like the MLR better than the Mil dots you can measure more closely and accurately with the 1/2 mil in between the mil spaceing. Hope this helps. </div></div>

Agree. I have one MLR and 2 Mildots and I prefer the MLR better.

MLR or NPR1. Those are the two best reticles NF makes. just depends if your mil or moa. I have both and really like them.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300DM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MLR is great. Works with the mil system. Why change??? I like the MLR better than the Mil dots you can measure more closely and accurately with the 1/2 mil in between the mil spaceing. Hope this helps. </div></div>

Agree. I have one MLR and 2 Mildots and I prefer the MLR better. </div></div>

+1, both my Nightforce NXS are mil/mil but one has a mildot and one has an MLR-the MLR is far easier to range with than the mildot-IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jwoolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NP-R1 here, MOA/MOA... love it. </div></div>

I'll second that. If you're doing any distance shooting past the elevation capabilities of your scope and you need accurate holdover points there's nothing better in a MOA reticle than the NP-R1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked a similar question over on the optics forum.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1741020#Post1741020

A lot of the folks recommended MIL turrets with the MLR reticle. I just ordered my new nightforce with MOA turrets, and the NP-R1 reticle.

I think it comes down to what you are used to, and can use most efficently.
</div></div>

I think you'll be happy with that.... I am.

I equate 1moa with 1" at 100yds ( even though we know it's not exactly 1" )

It's super easy seeing 1moa hashes in the scope for vertical adjustments and 2moa hashes for horizontal ones.... no matter the distance, you can see the impact and measure it in the scope with complete confidence and just adjust the scope... no math to do, it is what it is. You miss 1 moa to the left in the scope, put 1 moa to the right and send another round.

NP-R1 is great. I also like my NP-R2. The MLR with mil clicks is my next scope.