• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA files for bankrupcy

Well, I am a nobody and a poor but I am trying to spread the gospel on the sly. My UPS driver Hollis (black incase you missed it) is a great guy and I while I have never talked guns with him before one day he asked what I was doing over the weekend. "Well, Hollis I'm gonna go to the range and do some shooting." "You shoot?" "Yeah man, wanna come?" "Heck yeah!" Another time I was in my barber shop and Karen, a cute little Latina asked me about shooting (she's heard me talking with my barber) and I extended the same offer and we chatted about guns a bit. Next time I saw her she was the proud owner of a S&W M&P and was excited to let me know. "That's awesome! Do you have any ammo?" "Not really. They sold me a box. It was like $40.00" She saw the look on my face and asked "Is that a lot?" "Tell you what, cut my hair and I'll trade you for some ammo. Deal?" She was thrilled when when I gave her 5 boxes of 9mm and proceeded to set-up a range day with me, my barber, her, and one of the other barbers. No politics, no tacticool... Just a range day to have some fun! I hope that all these interaction bleed out into the community and it spreads. I don't know what else to do...

Are we fucked, yes. But we have been fucked for a long time. Our short game has been great, but we never built the coalition. The idea that the liberal grass roots limp wristed donut punchers outflanked us because we were wearing 5.11 pants and punisher shirts and acting like we all operate.

We have always been an easy target.

How do we move forward, that is the real question?

How do we build our own coalition, and like Frank says get them to see the non-shooting side of our game?

I used to be ok at telling people why they should shoot. One of my co-workers is a Historically Black College graduate, has an engineering degree and an MBA on top of it. She's mid 40's black, female and is never going to vote with us. She owns an AR-15 that she won in a raffle, and I gave her some ammo and told her I'd teach her how to shoot.

She's not really interested.

She views the AR-15 as something that she needs to get rid of, and maybe she'd shake it at someone if they kicked her door in.

Live and let live, and hopefully everything will be ok.

Of course any political discussion at work and she goes into details of the "devil" Trump. She grew up in North Carolina someplace not so great where there still is some form of segregation.

Another co-worker is a retired Army 65 year old black man that has just always been a democrat, he views Trump in the same light. He owns 100'ds of guns. But doesn't shoot anymore, but still buys guns.

Race isn't everything among everyone, but these two are people that both are at least someone that could be shifted. But how?

That is the issue with people wrapping their existence into their identity. They forfeit the ability to think critically as everything that happens in life boils down to the lowest common denominator. While they may be able to give million different reasons why the orange man is bad, They would not be able to give you a single reason how after 100 years of democrat majority rule, systematic racism exist in most metropolitan areas.

I would have told you we have too many safeguards against it.

I actually do think we will see some level of a return to normalcy. A lot of folks overlook just how hated Trump was. I don't mean by the media -- but by establishment people... like Chief Justice John Roberts -- who I believe would have watched thousands of children drown if he thought it would have hurt Trump.

There were a lot of people in all kinds of positions of influence that seem to have this mentality.

I don't know what it is about Trump that just turns people into... something they are not, I'll just leave it at that -- in an attempt to not offend those whom lose their sanity when they see an orange popsicle. Some day there will be studies, in like 100 years -- about how Trump's spray tanner caused some kind of psychosis.

I'll be like a withering talking head in a jar like Bo in Dr Who -- laughing at how insane people got about Trump. I've legit seen people so mad I thought they were going to piss themselves and they literally just saw a TV with him on it as they passed by or something benign like that.

Anyway, I digress once again... I'd say give it six months and see what things look like. Where we are at is not sustainable without widespread 'peaceful protests,' so it's either going to nosedive into Hawaiian shirt day or people are going to quite frothing at the mouth for citrus colored people.

Personally, I think Biden is going to do a lot of stupid stuff. I think he's going to crack down on leftist riots like a crazy kid burns ants, and I expect lots of stupid gun control. I'm sure he'll leverage the Trump method of getting the ATF to twist the law.... aaaaand I think SCOTUS will step in. There's already district level rulings on some similar laws that are in conflict so a federal law (or dictatorial mandate) would force SCOTUS to review the lower courts conflicting rulings. (Mag capacity limits, for example, have district level conflicts)

• Haha
Reactions: rancher5
Reminds me I need to pay my GOA membership.

Lowlight with all due respect your ideas sound like you're trying to fight the information war that was relevant several decades ago. If the fraud stands as it looks like it will and the Democrats fully take over at the federal level we need to get ready for modern siege. We need the gun lobby to put all their weight on Red State governors and State legislators to put up a giant wall against anything coming from the Federal Government. Learn from our enemies... sanctuary States, not for illegal immigrants but from unconstitutional laws and criminal alphabet agencies. Simultaneously, conservative regions need to set up their own social/economic sphere, be it media, communications, banking or anything else we rely on for a functioning society.

A communications strategy is highly risky if it's reliant on systems controlled by
by the people you are trying to avoid a conflict with.

I'd agree with the part about self-awareness, tho.

Reactions: Maggot
NRA has become more of a political special interest group over the years,
Very similar to the Sierra club, its all full of lawyers and lobbyists.

Sierra club was originally a bunch of guys that climbed rocks,
NRA was a bunch of people who shot rifles.

Neither of them is really the same kind of organization any more.

Really enlightening to read about these organizations back in 1930s,

Its not an ideological thing, I think its a culture/power thing, as they
become famous, the power takes over.

The orgs become 'brands' and the whole industry relies on them
to do heavy lifting (lobbying/insurance/regulations),
but also takes them for granted as they ossify.

All that paper pushing means less time outside

I went into a sierra club office a couple years ago,
it had nothing going on other than lawyers/politics/"policy"
etc...very little actually happening related to average person,

But back in the 30s, they used to all get together...it wa a club,
and go hike in the mountains and combe back and tell stories,
write atricles like a magazine.

Life was alot simpler back then.🤠

Reactions: JHOFF and Maggot
Good, they moved out of that communist shit hole to Texas. Now they just need to toss Wayne on the street. Time for nra to have a dawn of a new day from the top down.

From what A Lot of people say, you Fix the NRA by cutting the salary of the Chief Executive to all hell and to the point where the only people who are willing to take the job are gimps who are unable to succeed with vigor and therefore demand a higher salary elsewhere. Yep, that'll work.

I was good friends with one of the Stihl dealers in Leesburg, what the NRA spent on maintaining the grounds was insane.

I'm only a member due to my local range requiring it. They need a complete rebuild like the gooberment.

Reactions: Maggot
You can run all the commercials you want and nothing will ever change. Society in the United States has swung far left during the last 10 years. The flood gates opened under Obama with the Legalization of gay marriage. Before we were just dealing with Radical women who told their husband's what to think. Now the Gloves are off and we are dealing with Crazy.

I have a 13 year old Son and we often talk about how the kids in his class are confused. You can show families out enjoying the park, hunting, or fishing, but the reality is the little girls now have pink or purple hair and want to be referred by as Mr. Add 2 years of lockdowns and the Left is really going to screw up our Children.

Unless we can bring God and Morality back into Society, nothing will change. We will continue to fight a losing battle and receive the same results. The best thing we can do is take children hunting, fishing, and shooting.

My entire family has become Liberal, and it all changed when my Aunt and Uncle came out During Obama. I witnessed the change in Society first hand. If you don't believe me, explain how an 80yr old man who never had more than 12 people at a campaign stop, got 10 million more votes Than Trump. We are going against a group of people who have no Ethics and will Lie, Cheat and Steal to make you think like them!

I have read through this entire thread, some of it was very enlightening. I will just throw in one other piece. While they were in New York, the state used all of it's resources to bring endless lawsuits over every imaginable issue. As an example, when they introduced a program which would provide you legal representation, should you have to shoot a burglar.. the state of New York filed a massive suit, and imposed huge fines for the "NRA selling an Insurance without proper registration through the Insurance Commission in New York". As the case was held in New York Courts, they overwhelmingly prevailed, and the NRA was assigned crippling fines. This is only ONE example. They will face the exact same behavior from New York leadership which has an abiding loathing for anyone (other than their elite donors), having guns. It was a very smart move for them to "Escape from New York".

There have been some very good discussion about changes in demographics. The other day I brought up an image of "percentage of gun ownership by state". States with low ownership overlaid almost exactly with states that voted for Biden. States with higher ownership overlaid almost exactly with states which Trump won. According to our Government, Biden won.. which means Biden's Goals "represent the majority". Like many, I am shocked that so many people think like Biden, but perhaps it is because I live in a more conservative part of the country. I communicate a lot online. I was shocked when I was on a forum for people from my native state of Oklahoma. The number of vile and vociferous responses I got when I posted something conservative surprised me. Oklahoma used to NOT be like that. It may be emblematic of what is being seen nation-wide. I would also point out the USA is supposed to be a "Republic", and not a "Democracy", and as such, the wishes of the minority are NOT supposed to be crushed. The Crush is likely coming.

The left IS misinformed and unhinged based up well orchestrated fear mongering by the press, and liberal leaders. We are unlikely to overturn the powerful voice of the press (TV and Internet Media). Our bullhorn has been diminished to a Kazoo. Among other things, I am an air-rifle enthusiast. In Arizona they have laws which allow you to set up an air-rifle range in your back yard in every square inch of the state (to include major cites). To that end, I have some rather nice air rifles. I wanted to gauge how mis-informed the public was in one forum (which was speaking of the horrors of black rifles). I posted a picture of one of my air rifles, and the group there exploded over me posting a picture of such a mass-killing and evil tool. There were hundreds of "how dare you, you are the problem" responses to the picture of my air rifle. I then provided a link to the manufacturer of the air rifle, to show them it was a "glorified BB gun". I also pointed out to them that they had been so misinformed by the media, that they believed any black gun was only for mass-killings and mayhem. The ugliness continued; it appears that as a group, they don't want to be educated. Any attempt to educate them will only be met by disdain and derision. So no, I don't feel that any attempt to educate them is likely to bear positive fruit; they are too far gone.

What remains?
We can only hope the Biden administration follows it's stated goals, and that it profoundly affects the lives of even their supporters. Only that will give them pause. I also hope that the situation does not become so bad, that the nation cannot recover from it.

Last edited:
Well, I am a nobody and a poor but I am trying to spread the gospel on the sly. My UPS driver Hollis (black incase you missed it) is a great guy and I while I have never talked guns with him before one day he asked what I was doing over the weekend. "Well, Hollis I'm gonna go to the range and do some shooting." "You shoot?" "Yeah man, wanna come?" "Heck yeah!" Another time I was in my barber shop and Karen, a cute little Latina asked me about shooting (she's heard me talking with my barber) and I extended the same offer and we chatted about guns a bit. Next time I saw her she was the proud owner of a S&W M&P and was excited to let me know. "That's awesome! Do you have any ammo?" "Not really. They sold me a box. It was like $40.00" She saw the look on my face and asked "Is that a lot?" "Tell you what, cut my hair and I'll trade you for some ammo. Deal?" She was thrilled when when I gave her 5 boxes of 9mm and proceeded to set-up a range day with me, my barber, her, and one of the other barbers. No politics, no tacticool... Just a range day to have some fun! I hope that all these interaction bleed out into the community and it spreads. I don't know what else to do...
I do this all the time. Make new friends, intro them to safe handling and basic marksmanship, thought process about self defense, etc. Its always a fantastic time.

I get the doom and gloom, it’s super thick in the air, and yes the information campaign was a long time ago but social media changed how we absorb information

it’s small chunks, we only read headlines, it’s visual, micromovies and clips, why and what does this create a narrative. How does micro information work on us,

volume

we see it everyday all day every chance we get we take shots of information that forms our opinions.

the fact people would would say why bother, I almost get but you’re missing all this and you’re probably part of the problem.

Here is the plan, 10 -15 second clips or scenes. We need four per contributor. Use you phone, have someone film or rest it. Little pieces I can edit. Just set up, record, walk over film, next scene.

1. family scene like a dinner
2. Plating with kids or pets
3. Church or work some activity grocery store, eating and laughing
4. Finally not shooting but having shot. Kids look from gun smile high five. Cleaning them, mentoring, reloading together

I’ll make a better post but you get the idea

lots of smiles, kids, pets, family

it sounds weird writing it, but it’s really just everyday life - find a 10 highlight of the day

if you don’t want to do it, you saved me edit time
But charm offensives are not one and done, you need to reinforce the image but showing it.

mid you’re defeated and down, go sulk in the corner let the cool kids play without kicking sand.

Guy's the NRA is still important and still very relevant, to think otherwise is foolish. Moving to Texas and filing for Chapter 11 was a smart business move.
Some of you don't like Wayne and that's fine. The NRA will be around long after him if we all continue to not just support it, but grow it my convincing all new shooters to join it. There is more new gun owners today than ever before. Alot of them are Democrats and we all know some of them. I have convinced a couple of my misguided democratic "friends" to join the NRA and you all need to as well. The NRA needs to be 30 million members not 5.
The number of youth programs, ranges, insurance programs ect.... that the NRA sponsors is important now and in the future. I can't believe how many of you are willing to turn your back on this organization that has done so much for gun rights and shooting sports for the last 200 years. I simply can't believe that with all the money we all spend on this hobby that you can't throw the NRA 50 bucks a year? Is the NRA perfect, hell no but nothing else is either. Now is not the time to step away and fracture as group, but a time to circle the wagons and spend a little more of our hard earned cash on promoting new shooters to the NRA, GOA, and other local gun groups of your choice. This fight for our rights that is coming the next four years is gonna be the worst we have ever been involved in. The left controls everything right now, almost all media, DOJ, ATF, all of Congress. Circle the wagons guys and support the gun rights groups, the only other choice is un-imaginable.

@lowlight - Sharps appears to be thinking on a similar lines as you describe.

Just got the below email from them. This is the first ever email I remember receiving from a gun manufacturer not pimping their stuff.

Pretty smart IMO since lefty's love horses as much as they hate guns.

Idea:
How about an introduction to NRL 22 (all suppressed) @ an equestrian ranch. Attract the liberal parents with the horses and let the kids get gun safety + 22 fun. Would also foster appreciation for and acceptance of suppressors.

Personally I'm not optimistic this will work, but fuck we have to try something.

1610820474405.png

1610820516509.png

Reactions: Rocketvapor
The world is changing, and fast,

How we absorb information is different from 6 years ago, so new avenues, new methods

The fact you get people, saying the window is closed, or the opportunity passed us by is not paying attention to how fast these things swing today.

There is no silver bullet, no one shot, one kill approach to this shit, it's time, effort, and repeating the messing until it sinks in. Sometime that means rewriting the message, some times it means reframing it, other times it mean flipping the entire script.

You have a Batman movie with a cartoonish Joker, or you can make the Joker, and have him appear as a real person, both movies tell the same story, one just does it in a more realistic way.

Old threats, new ideas,

Reactions: JHOFF
One problem I see in promoting 2A activities is the 2A itself.
Think of all the phrases you here (not hear of course) about what it means to the individual.
It's not shooting sports, it's not hunting, it's to prevent the government from taking your guns by whatever means necessary.

The 'cold dead hands' rhetoric has changed but the meaning is the same.
I read a couple threads last night. One 5 pages from 2008 about lining up for prone. Very education butt you would think that would be settled by now, and then another about how to position the buttstock while wearing a plate carrier. Plate carrier? Let's just say I don't usually go to the range with my carrier.

The wife and I used to go on a bi-annual, March and October, camping/shooting/fellowship trip, 1600 miles round trip to South Florida. 13 times.
(associated with a small SKS forum). I even built a small camper just for this trip.
Family and friends, no 'operators'. Covid and politics has pretty much put this under.
I once said "the best thing about the shoot trip is the members that did NOT go" :)
Range time, some competitions, light weight training sessions, fireside time.
I made videos and posted to Youtube. I won't link them here but they can be found.
Many on this little forum seemed to enjoy hearing about it. Maybe just to see if anyone beat Rocketvapor :)

Once a forum gets taken over by politics and 'come and take them' operator threads it probably wont attract the new gun owner. I came here to gain general shooting knowledge but keep getting distracted by the not-poors, and of course the Bear Pit. America needs the operators, but also a general acceptance of gun owning regular folks.

My travel rig :)
P1210461.jpg

I'll link one video. Old and slow, but no misses. I'm even slower now. Operator? Nope. But a lot of fun.
30 round limit and some ran out and didn't finish. The barrel start was because of open carry regs for civilians on the LEO range.

Attachments

• 10th-Trip-to-South-Florida.jpg
    10th-Trip-to-South-Florida.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I'll continue to open their envelopes, and then stuff the self-addressed stamped one with their begging literature and mail it back to them.

I always write Fire Wayne on the inside as well.

Fuck the fudd NRA.

You can run all the commercials you want and nothing will ever change. Society in the United States has swung far left during the last 10 years. The flood gates opened under Obama with the Legalization of gay marriage. Before we were just dealing with Radical women who told their husband's what to think. Now the Gloves are off and we are dealing with Crazy.

I have a 13 year old Son and we often talk about how the kids in his class are confused. You can show families out enjoying the park, hunting, or fishing, but the reality is the little girls now have pink or purple hair and want to be referred by as Mr. Add 2 years of lockdowns and the Left is really going to screw up our Children.

Unless we can bring God and Morality back into Society, nothing will change. We will continue to fight a losing battle and receive the same results. The best thing we can do is take children hunting, fishing, and shooting.

My entire family has become Liberal, and it all changed when my Aunt and Uncle came out During Obama. I witnessed the change in Society first hand. If you don't believe me, explain how an 80yr old man who never had more than 12 people at a campaign stop, got 10 million more votes Than Trump. We are going against a group of people who have no Ethics and will Lie, Cheat and Steal to make you think like them!
Sooo..... blame the homosexuals?

I'm pretty convinced the public would vote in a convicted child rapist that drinks his own urine if it means free money, whether that be student loan forgiveness, more stimulus checks or whatever. Pick your flavor. Trannies and gays aren't much of a threat.

True. So let them touch that black rifle!

Is your sister single? If so, find the hottest pro-gun guy in the area (even if married - he should take one for the team) to take her out shooting. Same with the anti-gun guys, a "shooting" date with a hottie or two can be very influential.
Reminds me of my first ex-wife. When we first met, she had never even slept outside. I took her camping but we were not roughing it. I did all the cooking and cleaning and made sure she was comfortable. We hiked around from camp, did a little fishing, roasted marshmallows with the campfire at night. She had a great time.
Later on, after we had been dating for a while, she realized I was armed. Up that point, I had always been careful to not allow my EDC be exposed. At first she was alarmed, scared that it would "go off". I discussed how we had been together for months, ridden bicycles, gone camping, etc and it had never "gone off". Then I asked her if she had ever fired a weapon, knowing she hadn't, and asked her if she would be interested in learning how and, regrettably, she agreed. I say regrettably because had she said no, I would have never married her and saved myself thousand of dollars in a divorce.
I taught her how to handle my old Ruger 22 Mark 1. Then we went to the country and shot some pop cans. She LOVED it. Then she wanted to try my 1911A1 and I explained that it had significantly more recoil and helped her be ready for that. She liked that, too. Over the next decade, she slept outside and shot all sorts of weapons, hunted birds and killed deer. She kept, and I am sure still does, a handgun in the nightstand every night and kept it in a concealed carry "thing" at other times.
A true convert.
But only because I'm such a hot pro-gun guy.

Reactions: UKDslayer
I read a couple threads last night. One 5 pages from 2008 about lining up for prone. Very education butt you would think that would be settled by now, and then another about how to position the buttstock while wearing a plate carrier. Plate carrier? Let's just say I don't usually go to the range with my carrier.
You need to take things in context. In 2008, there were many less people on the hide, and a lot higher percent membership of SH was military. How many members did SH have then, 10K? 15K? This place didn't hit 100K overnight. I can tell you, in 2005 (my member # was under 5K) many enlisted snipers, or in some cases the "DM" of a platoon, was not issued plates but only had body armor. I know because I had a an account with diamondback tactical to get plates to those guys that wouldn't shoot bolt gun in full armor, would actually be in position in their hide without armor because early on they were not provided with plates. Fortunately, by 2008 more guys were getting plates. The guys making those comments were actively deployed; and seeing action. We should be glad that we have many less deployed right now. My big fear right now is that the majority of those in power are literally sleeping with the enemy...everything that the right has been accused of, is actually what the left has been do. Our tax dollars going into Iran's weapon budget? Who is guilty of quid pro quo...uhm, probably the one who has been indicted by Ukraine for stealing millions of dollars.I regret not having saved some of those nice concise summaries about voter fraud..I think we need show any of the "blind" democrats the truth..I don't care that Uncle Joe is in- we need to create the hate and resentments against them like they did against us. Keep spreading the TRUTH. Send "Riding the Dragon" from you-tube to everyone September Blaze documentary about the 4B the Hunter & family got. If anyone has the Biden laptop or some emails - get it out there.We cannot have a lapsed memory of what they have done! I was disgusted hearing Schwartenaggar making the analogy of Krystallnacht to the "Invasion" of the Capitol - he was't even born doing that time.I Don't know y'all about tax dollars were used to fund rebuilding destruction by BLM or Antifa, or refund them after they committed graft for decades and the money-earners decided to leave. Which reminds me, we know the mega-income people are like big tech are part of the corrupt left; but I would be horribly surprised if the conservatives aren't the main tax-source for the government, since the Liberals all want hand-outs. Maybe we should all stop working and file SSDI? Get food stamps? Keep a list of everything they have done in your mind and it against them..we need conservative bank and lenders (I bet statistically they would do alot better and have less defaults)!

Last edited:
@UKDslayer
I understand the primary demographic of the Hyde.
Still plenty of good info for us regular gun owners. Expert info.
I just don't see a family friendly video section fitting in.
Maybe a 'sister ' site but blended in with normal (forget the Bear Pit) threads?

Nothing wrong with gay marriage being legal, shouldn’t have been illegal in the first place, don’t need any mythological characters thrust on me or anyone else either, but agree with most else of what you say.

Reactions: Mr.BR
Ahhhhhh! LaPierre's smart.... Texas has no personal income tax. Belt tightening move. 🤔

I will disagree with you on the "legal" marriage.
The government should not be involved in marriage. What they have done is wiggled their way into the home and relationships between people by requiring a "license". To make it acceptable legislation is written to pander. Tax benefits and other laws do nothing but cement the government intrusion into people's private lives.

Nothing wrong with gay marriage being legal, shouldn’t have been illegal in the first place, don’t need any mythological characters thrust on me or anyone else either, but agree with most else of what you say.

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
Long before (like 15 years) the big push for gay marriage. There was a big fight to give gay couples all the benefits of marriage. Joint tax filing, medical power of attorney etc. without calling it marriage.
leading the charge was Bob Dole & Orin Hatch.
Guess who blocked it from passing, yep Dems.

i remember watching the debate on Cspan and agreeing with giving them rights, yet not fucking up the institution of marriage/nuclear family.

Republicans are horrible at controlling messaging. Most don’t know this evan took place.

NRA has become more of a political special interest group over the years,
Very similar to the Sierra club, its all full of lawyers and lobbyists.

Sierra club was originally a bunch of guys that climbed rocks,
NRA was a bunch of people who shot rifles.

Neither of them is really the same kind of organization any more.

Really enlightening to read about these organizations back in 1930s,

Its not an ideological thing, I think its a culture/power thing, as they
become famous, the power takes over.

The orgs become 'brands' and the whole industry relies on them
to do heavy lifting (lobbying/insurance/regulations),
but also takes them for granted as they ossify.

All that paper pushing means less time outside

I went into a sierra club office a couple years ago,
it had nothing going on other than lawyers/politics/"policy"
etc...very little actually happening related to average person,

But back in the 30s, they used to all get together...it wa a club,
and go hike in the mountains and combe back and tell stories,
write atricles like a magazine.

Life was alot simpler back then.🤠
Unfortunately it takes pencil pushers and Lawyers to stay relevant NRA isn't perfect but they do what they can.

You need to take things in context. In 2008, there were many less people on the hide, and a lot higher percent membership of SH was military. How many members did SH have then, 10K? 15K? This place didn't hit 100K overnight. I can tell you, in 2005 (my member # was under 5K) many enlisted snipers, or in some cases the "DM" of a platoon, was not issues plates but only had body armor. I know because I had a an account with diamondback tactical to get plates to those guys that wouldn't shoot bolt gun in full armor, would actually be in position in their hide without armor because early on they were not provided with plates. Fortunately, by 2008 more guys were getting plates. The guys making those comments were probably actively deployed; and seeing action. We should be glad that we have many less deployed right now. My big fear right now is that the majority of those in power are literally sleeping with the enemy...everything that the right has been accused of, is actually what the left has been do. Our tax dollars going into Iran's weapon budget? Who is guilty of quid pro quo...uhm, probably the one who has been indicted by Ukraine for stealing millions of dollars.I regret not having saved some of those nice concise summaries about voter fraud..I think we need show any of the "blind" democrats the truth..I don't care that Uncle Joe is in- we need to create the hate and resentments against them like they did against us. I was disgusted hearing Schwartenaggar making the analogy of Krystallnacht to the "Invasion" of the Capitol - he wasn't even born doing that time.

How many days in a row will I be quoted :)

"we need to create the hate and resentments against them like they did against us."
Really? That gonna help?

I already posted this in another thread, but I'll repost it here because it's very germane:

While I agree with everyone's sentiments about Whiney Lapierre, without the NRA you are going to kill ranges all over the country.

The NRA provides training and insurance for member and ranges. Without the NRA my local fish and game club would close. There is no way we could afford commercial insurance rates without the NRA acting as a pro 2A broker. Do you want those ranges to shut down?

The NRA also provides training courses for trainers that allow people in more restricted states to get the required pieces of paper so they can exercise their 2A. Do you imagine for a moment they the legislatures will be in a hurry to fill that void if you get your wish and the NRA dies?

I swear we are our own worst enemy. There is a big difference between the political efforts from the NRA-ILA and from the NRA main body. Most of the froth and graft comes form the political side of the body, like that would be a surprise.

So to anyone who wants to kill the NRA, because the NRA-ILA are backstabbers, please tell me where my range is going to get insurance and who is going to take up the training slack, and of course get the credentials recognized by all the legislatures required? Do you really think a gun culture will survive with nowhere to shoot and no credentialed trainers? We don't all have access to BLM land. It is divide and conquer, and you fall for it. Who is backstabbing whom now?

The number of idiots here who would throw their allies under the bus because they don't get the big picture is stunning. No wonder we lose all the time.

Bottom line, throw me under the bus and I'll return the favor. Or, as my father would say, you crap in my hat, and I'll make you wear it.
I agree with this 100% I'm a life member and have given my fair share to the NRA, also support the Second Amendment Foundation but have not donated anything to the NRA in the last few years. The NRA has done and still does a lot of good for the 2A and shooting sports in general, don't think we would have anywhere close to the 2A rights we have today without them. They do need to get their shit together though starting with getting rid of Wayne Lapierre and others.

Is that a synthetic stock on a flintlock, or is the wood just really dark in that picture?
synthetic flintlock ,traditions deer hunter for the PA flintlock season .im looking to get a more traditional wood stock model .Its in the tub with dehumidifier running i had just come in from hunting all day in a ice storm i wanted to get it warmed and dry before cleaning it ,

Reactions: slowworm
Well, that didn't work out so well:

Apparently, Wayne claiming in court that the organization wasn't actually broke was not a smart legal maneuver.