• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Course

USFTR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Winterville, NC
I have a few spots open in my NRA FIRST Steps Rifle Course in Eastern NC if anyone is interested. Here is a course description. Course cutoff date is January 21st and the class is February 7, 2010. PM me for a registration form or for questions. I have three seats left. This is a very basic course and only the benchrest position is covered. The class will last 3-4 hours and we will start at 50 yards and can back up to over 400 yards depending on the skill level of the students. Cost is only $40 and is an approved an NRA course. I plan on offering the basic 2 days course this year and a long range clinic this summer.

NRA FIRST Steps Rifle is designed to provide a hands-on introduction to the safe handling and proper orientation to one specific rifle action type for classes of four or fewer students. This course is at least three hours long and includes classroom and range time learning to shoot a specific rifle action type. Students will learn the NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; the particular rifle model parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; cleaning the rifle; and continued opportunities for skill development. Students will receive the Basics of Rifle Shooting handbook, NRA Gun Safety Rules brochure, Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Qualification booklet, FIRST Steps Course completion certificate.