• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRA-LE Precision Rifle Instructor Course.

Re: NRA-LE Precision Rifle Instructor Course.

I would imagine it depends on the instructor. It wasn't much more than what I call a basic sniper course where a qualification course, test and teach back are in place.

If you are looking to do instruction for your department they are good classes. If you are looking to shoot... Keep looking~

J~

NRA Instructor courses are about course content, with a heavy enphasis on safety factors, and methods of instruction. Can't speak about LE courses, but that's what the basic rifle and handgun instructor courses are designed to do.

Once this groundwork is undertaken and mastered, I believe it becomes a matter of attaining the specialized skills and using the instructor course methodology to construct and administer an expanded and/or specialized curriculum.

As for suitibility, I'm really not qualified to suggest the specific directions an LE Precision Rifle Instructor's Course should take, but unless the instructor has the genuine relevent experience, I wouldn't put much credence into such a course.

Greg

Expect a lot of pupil-coach drills. Most NRA LE courses are geared towards that. It's not a shooting school for sure. You will be expected to be somewhat proficient when you get there. It's been years since I've been to them but I would imagine they have improved.

The instructor chosen has a lot to do with how good the class is!!

Ya Dag1055...I remember you are teamed up with a partner now. One is the shooter the other a coach who observes your shooting and finds errors and fixes them. Everything from shooting position, trigger control, breathing and follow through. There was actually quite a bit of range time, but also a lot of classroom time and tests.

Steve, I went through it last year.

It is VERY basic and is definitely an instructor NOT operator course. I picked up some good ideas from it, but if you have been professionally instructed and shooting for a long time you may find it a "check in the box" course.

If you need the instructor rating, then it's a good way to go. It's also an easy way to get your foot in the door to get certified to teach the NRA's civilian courses.

I have gained more "solid information" from the SH Online training than from the NRA course. The online classes were enough to prove to me that a trip to Rifle's Only will be well worth the cost.