• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL Hunter Build recommendations

VandelayIndustries

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Ask
I’ve got a Tikka CTR 6.5cm in a manners EH1. I can’t decide weather I should just add an Arca rail to that or switch to a chassis or one of manners tactical series stocks. Or maybe just scrap the entire thing and build custom. I’ve already got a 4-16 ATACR, Tbac bipod. I’d like to come in under 15# finished. Realistically with all the other gear I’d need I’m looking at next season for actually competing so I’ve got time to wait on parts. I don’t really have a set budget but I’m not looking to drop a small fortune on it either.

your current build will work just fine, and an arca rail may not even be necessary

but if you want to do a custom build then make it exactly how you want

Reactions: Lightning8
your current build will work just fine, and an arca rail may not even be necessary

but if you want to do a custom build then make it exactly how you want
I was thinking Arca because I’d prefer to clip into a tripod. Not sure how comfortable that would be to carry though

I’m less than 16 with my setup and it has a razor gen 2, manners prs1tk with , nomad ti and rrs arca and a cyke pod. I would just add the arca.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    471.6 KB · Views: 109
I was thinking Arca because I’d prefer to clip into a tripod. Not sure how comfortable that would be to carry though
clipping into a tripod is overrated, especially if you have a gamechanger/similar and are spotting with binos on top of the bag to begin with.

also quicker to go bino from harness, find/range, back in harness. rifle on tripod if stage deems it so

The eh1 is a fine stock, but on the tikka you won’t get a full length rail to mate up nice, you can get around a 7” rail on there that still lets you clip in, but your not going to get near the mag well if that’s what you want.

Good news is you can still shoot fine with the tripod mated a little forward, and you won’t have to deal with handling a rail when carrying.

Iv got multiple tikka eh1s, and use the 7” rrs rail on them. Sawtooth rail might be best if you already have it tapped, depending where it’s tapped.

For nrl hunter I don’t think I’d waste my time on a chassis if I had an eh1, as long as you know the eh1 fits you well.

If you’re still experimenting with rifle fit, I think a chassis would be worth a shot.

Personally I never clipped in last nrl hunter match, and don’t plan to in the future.

Don’t think you need to spend 6k on a rifle. That tikka won’t hold you back in that format.

Reactions: Lightning8
Salmon River makes super light arca rails if you really want

i sort of understand the LRH arca rail being at magwell cause aesthetics, but that's not really where i'd want a modern rifle (LRH, XLR magnesium, hnt26) to balance in the first place

I’ve got a pint sized gc with git lite fill. I don’t really want to run a tac table. I’ll have to try just putting it on top of a tripod when I get one

The benefit of a tac table is you can glass and shoot off it if the tripod is needed.

I’m not out there winning matches…. So take what I have with a grain of salt.

A tac table and a 9ld sand filled schmedium is what I chose to shoot off at my last hunter match.

I just shot my first NRL Hunter match. I used a tripod with TAC Table with AG Schmedium heavy fill - used it first with binos then with rifle for engaging targets.