• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL hunter caliber

Your 22” should make power factor with the 153 or 156 without to much trouble

Reactions: tyrider427
It helps! This is my first comp. My current 6.5 creed, 22inch barrel likes Hornady eld 140 at 2650 avg, with .6 moa. SD are around 19-24. I've tried federal, sig, hornady( ssg, eld, blacks, eldx), blackhills, and unknown munitions. The Unknown Munitions 140s are fast and would make power factor at 2740avg, but they group poorly in my barrel, 1.5 moa.

might try the bergers.

Think I might just run factory ammo for nrl hunter and not worry about power factor with my current 22inch barrel in 6.5 creed. It makes weight under 12lbs for open light. Imsteading of ordering another barrel but in 24 inch.
then swamp out my barrel for the proof carbon 6mm creed for the mammoth challenge to shave weight...

Am I thinking about the right way?
You should try the berger factory they usually shoot pretty good with better sd/es than Hornady.

I think what k80 meant to say is you can shoot any division without having to meet power factor as long as it’s sealed box factory ammo. Just wanted to clarify in case you thought that meant you had to shoot factory division.

I think what k80 meant to say is you can shoot any division without having to meet power factor as long as it’s sealed box factory ammo. Just wanted to clarify in case you thought that meant you had to shoot factory division.
Yes exactly I was kind of distracted when I responded.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I did originally think he meant factory division, so thank you for clarifying. Just wanted to make sure because I didn't see a list of approved factory ammo.

I think the only stipulation is it’s 6.5 caliber or larger. If it’s one of the brand names like Hornady, Berger, nosler etc I think you’re good to go.

Or you can shoot skills division and shoot whatever from what I know.

Thinking of picking up a factory rifle in 6mm Creedmoor. Looking to shoot factory division.

Obviously not going to make 380 power factor.

Do I have to shoot factory ammo?
I read power factor does not apply to factory division so can I shoot handloads?

Thinking of picking up a factory rifle in 6mm Creedmoor. Looking to shoot factory division.

Obviously not going to make 380 power factor.

Do I have to shoot factory ammo?
I read power factor does not apply to factory division so can I shoot handloads?
IMG_3031.png

Reactions: lennyo3034