• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL Hunter Rifles

Estes640

Sergeant of the Hide
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Bellevue, KY
Anyone here running a short barreled hunting rifle in the NRL Hunter shoots? Obviously you wouldn’t be gaming to win, but curious how many people use what they typically hunt with. I’m considering taking an 18” 6.5 creed shooting factory ammo (no power factor).

Wonder if I’ll be the lone sucker looking lost out there without a 26” carbon barrel.

Just curious what everyone else is running, would love to see pics and what class you fall Into.

I ordered a 21" 6.5 barrel for nrl hunter. Not quite 18", but I'll be lobbing them in there right along with you.😆

Reactions: Estes640
Can't say I remember seeing any 18s but I've seen some 20s and 22s (mostly by guys running cans). Hell I ran a 22" 6.5 saum at one. If it's accurate and you're confidant in it then run it. Just remember while your don't have to meet power factor with factory ammo it still is the tie breaker determination factor

I run a 22” PVA 3b contour steel barrel and get the 147s up to 2650ish which gets me power factor. Right now I’ve got it on a savage for open light. I plan on putting it on an origin soon with a manners LRH and XTR3i or Athlon Midas Tac. With the XTR3i and Harris bipod should be right at 12 lbs. Most targets are inside 700 yards, so you should be fine. A longer barrel is nice for reloading and extra velocity for better ballistics

I typically run suppressed so that may be my ticket. I’ve got some WTB’s out for a longer barrel but it’s seemingly hard to find right now. Looks like I’ll be taking my 18” for now. Thanks for the info guys