• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL22 24/25 season?

Pocket

Monkey with a gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2019
Baton Rouge, La
heard the 2024/2025 season for NRL22 will be starting in May?

Does anyone “in the know” have an idea of when the rules for said season will be published? I’m specifically looking at i the base class $ limit, and also someone said the MD were voting a few months back on adding acceptable things into base class (I.e. tuners/NOT being able to use arca rails)

Don’t want to waste money on a build that doesn’t meet the requirements…times a ticking
(Yes I checked NRL22.org - not seeing anything)

The regular season ends April so the new rules would apply for May matches. I’d think the release of changes would be out this month at least before Mays first NRL22 matches. Just guessing though.

The "Rules" Updates should be published by the end of the month. I talked to Dom & Levi about it a week or so ago.

Ok lol leaves a small window as one of the clubs I shoot at is the 1st Saturday:/
What rule changes do you think or expect to be made? And what it will change on your current setup?

I know I have shot Open from day one and I have never cared as to what changed.

As have I. But my loaner setup for the club I want to make a base setup. If the 24-25 season raises the cap by 98.99 I can run a CZ pro varmint with a vortex venom.

If it goes higher than that to match PRS cap I can run a CZ AT-ONE

But also some rules they were voting on was using base class how they come. I.e. not using acra rails to attach bipods (add weight), use of a tuner. Not that I want to dove down that rabbit hole and I believe base class should be renamed “stock” class but having a complete competitive backup rig (or if I want to shoot base class) have the best I can get in there too

My club ( Regulators Rimfire ) loaner is a Ruger RPR with tuned and polished factory trigger, EC Tuner and m-lok Leofoto Arca Rail.

Dom and I have had the discussion on the tuner for factory threaded barrel and ARCA rail additions with NO stock modifications. I personally all that will stay like it is and allow for a SMALL increase with what has all increased across the board. This is my gut feeling.

So base class now purely favors the RPR. No adjustment for real inflation either.

Yeah I broke an arkenn 20 min after having it on the gun. This was just an idea and a way to have a base class gun in my armory

I'd pick up blued Target or the Long Range before the RPRR....the Target is only $10 more.
Given you can't add weight unless you can bolt it on externally that's a serious advantage to the RPR.

Why someone spending a few dollars on some lead shot and epoxy is bad, but M-lok weight kits are okay baffles me.

I see that they are allowing mag blocks now as an alternative to chamber flags.

I see that they are allowing mag blocks now as an alternative to chamber flags.
I understand the reasoning for wanting something in the chamber, but those crappy little rimfire flags fall out too easily.
Both the shooter and the RO should have looked in the chamber before the rifle comes off the line. Couple that with a device that doesn't fall out when you go muzzle up and I think they are in a better place there safety wise.

Reactions: ECK
Chamber Flag https://hozandshield.com/shop/ols/products/22-universal-eci

Universal Chamber flag that will NOT fall out. I have been using it for almost 1 year now. It works flawless. It has a small magnet inside the printing material that keeps it in place.
Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 6.43.12 AM.png

All of these things people are complaining about NOW were all voted on by the NRL22 Members community 6+ months ago. It was an email that goes out to all paid members to fill out & voice your opinion on questions that have been brought up to them. It's not just pulled out of thin air and implemented. Take a look at what won the 2023 NRL22 Nationals. A bone stock off the shelf Tikka T1X with Athlon Cronus. Granted the Kidd can shoot and has won 3 National titles with it Young Gun 2021, Base 2022 Open 2023. Only changing the optic on the rifle. Base Devision was and is intended to get new shooters into the sport, learn and grow to an open gun. Buy the right base class gun and shoot with it. Or buy the gun you want and shoot with it. Shooters need to quit worrying about the devision and focus on making impacts and building solid shooting positions.

Gamers will always bitch and gamers will never stop gaming the sport. Shoot what you want to shoot and go have fun with your buddies.