• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL22 match write up and beginners guide

This is perfect,just what I’ve been looking for.Great article.
I have 3 daughters (12yo twins and 14 yo) that shoot competitive archery,they have competed in many local,national and just recently a World Qualifier in Mexico.Although they love archery but training 5 days a week gets old sometimes and they like to break it up by going to the local range and shooting their CZ’s.They Just recently asked about shooting in some 22 matches and this looks like it will fill the bill.Now I just need to find a club.

Reactions: Matt @ LSI
Little article i put together for those who are interested in shooting/hosting NRL22 matches.
https://rifleshooter.com/2018/05/nrl22-precision-rimfire-competitions/

let me know if you guys have any questions, im happy to help!
That was a good post.

This is perfect,just what I’ve been looking for.Great article.
I have 3 daughters (12yo twins and 14 yo) that shoot competitive archery,they have competed in many local,national and just recently a World Qualifier in Mexico.Although they love archery but training 5 days a week gets old sometimes and they like to break it up by going to the local range and shooting their CZ’s.They Just recently asked about shooting in some 22 matches and this looks like it will fill the bill. Now I just need to find a club.
I think it would be easier for daughters if you found them a rifle instead... :p:LOL:

For sure!We have accumulated a ton of archery equipment over the years with all 3 having 2 bows apiece,for 3D and FITA.
I’m just glad they are outside instead of being on electronics all day.

Reactions: lash
Later this summer I'll put on a NRL22 style match using their steel package and COF's, the catch is we'll be using PCP air rifles and reduce the distance 25%. Doesn't that sound fun?! The cool thing is only a few shooters in our Field Target air rifle club have shot a match like this, so it has the potential making of a heck of a lot of fun, especially me watching them since we've been friends for many years and love to rib each other, lol!

We have a local NRL22 match too, I'm thankful someone took on the responsibility to put it on!

The air rifle match sounds like it would be a fun time.

Putting on events is a lot of work.I would like to try and get one going down my way as the nearest is 2 1/2 hours away.I don’t mind doing the leg work as I have put on many JOAD events,both indoor and outdoor,I would just need a little guidance.

Reactions: steve123