• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nrl22 membership

chopit

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2010
Odem Texas
I havent recieved anything other than acknowledgement that I paid
Do any of you recieve emails or news or anything from them. I got nothing, is this normal or consistent with others?

Do any of you recieve emails or news or anything from them. I got nothing, is this normal or consistent with others?

They have been updating on their FB page. They are behind on shipping but are getting them out. Some have gotten theirs.

If you need your nrl22 member number, look up your name on the standings page on their site.

Guy at the match on Saturday was complaining about the same thing. So, not you. ?

Good to know. I was planning on registering as well for a series of upcoming matches.

I was a NRL member last year but didn't renew because it was pricey for the benefits, was geared to their National (which I wasn't going to), and there are other better 22lr matches near here that don't require membership fees.

I joined in June sent a email 40 days later and received an email they were behind. Haven't heard anything since.

Well its not the first or last 75 bucks i pissed away. Maybe my expectations are too high.

Well its not the first or last 75 bucks i pissed away. Maybe my expectations are too high.

They have been giving updates via social media very regularly. They have more registered members every month shooting than the last and they had 70 clubs turn in scores last month.

Keep in mind, nrl22 is a small part of nrl and they also run contingency X and who knows what else.

The only people in the dark are those who don’t keep up with things on social media. Which I can completely understand, but that’s the way the world and advertising works now.

Same here...paid but nothing...im sure it will come through

Last edited:
Yea i dont FB twatter instaskype. But i dont think an email with a little info like member number is that hard to send people. I dont really give a shit about the tshirt or whatever. I was just looking for some kind of newletter match info to read. Make me feel like i got something for my money.

Yea i dont FB twatter instaskype. But i dont think an email with a little info like member number is that hard to send people. I dont really give a shit about the tshirt or whatever. I was just looking for some kind of newletter match info to read. Make me feel like i got something for my money.

You can find your member number on their website.

NRL is a great idea but my sense is, it’s circling the drain.

I disagree strongly. There's a bunch of new clubs being added. I suspect that "growing pains" is part of the delay of them sending out the membership packages.

The one thing that might hurt the NRL22 is the limits on the courses of fire. There is only so many ways to challenge the shooters with the ranges and target packages. Of course, the 100 yard limit is because some location where matches are held don't offer longer distances. Keeping the target package affordable let's new clubs startup (and expand) rather inexpensively. That's why I think it's important that match directors offer additional stages after the official course of fire to keep the matches interesting.

Your sense is shitty.
I disagree strongly. There's a bunch of new clubs being added. I suspect that "growing pains" is part of the delay of them sending out the membership packages.

The one thing that might hurt the NRL22 is the limits on the courses of fire. There is only so many ways to challenge the shooters with the ranges and target packages. Of course, the 100 yard limit is because some location where matches are held don't offer longer distances. Keeping the target package affordable let's new clubs startup (and expand) rather inexpensively. That's why I think it's important that match directors offer additional stages after the official course of fire to keep the matches interesting.
Got my membership package last week, ordered in May......

@Dthomas3523 and @billmeek I hope you're right.... My Since is Shitty. The concept of NRL22 would be great for our sport/causes. But at this point, there are issues that look like its circling the drain....I stand by that.

The focus needs to change from feeding the national organization to making local, grass roots clubs and members successful. Just my opinion..

I think what we are seeing is the office staff can't keep up with the membership. This may be a couple of people starting something in their spare time and now they don't have enough time to do the job.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I'm thinking of shooting La Porte this weekend. My firing pin assembly arrived today but it's 1:15 hrs drive w/o traffic. One way. I'll probably end up going.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I feel everyone’s pain. We also need to understand that we are dealing with a 501C non profit organization. These folks are not getting rich off of the sport, they planted a few seeds and it is taking over...Maybe the sport is growing faster than the current staff is prepared to deal with. Either way, it’s the most fun I have had in competitive shooting and I’m not mad. Im also proud of my NRL22 SnapBack! Trying not to sweat it out too fast in South Texas.

Attachments

• 17D67516-0AD0-4715-A73F-E8AA11640D26.jpeg
    17D67516-0AD0-4715-A73F-E8AA11640D26.jpeg
    443 KB · Views: 39
Sure. This is my opinion only based on my one year membership in NRL22, so take that as just that.

I don't see the cost-to-value benefit of membership at $75 for a calendar year that runs 10 or 11 months (excluding the Nationals that I would not go to). The individual match cost of $20-35 is equivalent to other non-NRL matches in this area so maybe that's a wash. Portions of those fees go to the NRL22 organization and for the annual Nationals, but other than a monthly COF, there doesn't seem to be much in return for local clubs. The local clubs must purchase the NRL22 target package and it seems pretty easy for non-NRL22 clubs to come up with some really good, unique alternative targets.

So, as a local shooter only, I can't really come up with any reason to renew membership in NRL22.

The popularity of 22lr tactical/precision shooting seems to be expanding. Non-NRL matches are offering an equivalent match with out the added cost.

If I was to suggest a change to NRL22 it would be to better address the local shooter that just wants to go shoot these types of matches.

I hope NRL22 is successful - its great for our shooting sport.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I've yet to shoot a NRL22 match; have been shooting a PRS-style 22RF match at a club that's 170mi away, and enjoying everything about it - except the drive down & back. I have to leave home around 5am to make it in time, which - when I was 20yrs younger - was no problem. But the older I get, the more I wish there were a couple of 22RF PR matches closer to home. I'd volunteer to set up & run a match at our semi-local club, but farm work would undoubtedly interfere with my being able to be there all the time. Still, there are a few guys out here with V-22s and/or other suitable rifles that would probably show up for a match - if it was fun to shoot. That's one reason I was thinking about joining NRL and buying their target package. But honestly, the less complicated it is to set up & run matches, the better as far as I'm concerned.

I joined in April/May and received an email that my membership was completed and new member bag was on its way last week. Nothing in between. I know they had an influx of new members and it is just taking time. I like the shirt, but don't need all the stickers.

It takes money to run a league. Even small things like office supplies and shipping add up. $75 per year is a nominal cost and I'd be paying it even without the stuff they send as part of your membership.

The local clubs benefit from the advertisement of their matches. I've personally helped a few people locate local matches and was able to do so because they were posted on the NRL22 website and were listed by location. If I'd had to search through forums to try to find matches, I wouldn't have been able to help them.

My option is that NRL22 has been a big factor in the popularity 22LR matches we see popping up over the last couple of years. By my count, there were 70 clubs reporting scores to the NRL22 last month. If the NRL22 organization didn't exist, what percentage of them would have been holding 22LR matches? My #1 reason to support the NRL22 is to grow the sport so that others have more opportunities to enjoy it.