• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL22 - Roof Top

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Anyone got plans for a cheaper, space efficient "roof top" for NRL22? They still don't have a link up for plans and I saw somewhere about using a collapsable table with one leg extended as a suitable substitute. Thats going to be the goto until I can figure something else out.

I know an MD that uses a sawhorse and a six foot plastic table with carpet glued to the top. You don't have to be fancy.

Reactions: USMC22
I know an MD that uses a sawhorse and a six foot plastic table with carpet glued to the top. You don't have to be fancy.
Thats what I'm planning on using. Only concern is potential safety issues with shooters on it and it collapsing.

Build it right or don't do it at all. Shooters dont need some rickety piece of shit collapsing on them with a loaded gun in their hand or worrying about injury. It would be a great way to open yourself up to liability. That waiver people sign, doesn't really mean shit when it comes to negligence which is what this would be.

Build it right or don't do it at all. Shooters dont need some rickety piece of shit collapsing on them with a loaded gun in their hand or worrying about injury. It would be a great way to open yourself up to liability. That waiver people sign, doesn't really mean shit when it comes to negligence which is what this would be.
I’m going to go the other way on this. The thought of “Is this rickety piece of shit going to hold my fat ass in the air without collapsing into a pile of jagged toothpicks?” should be at the forefront of every shooters’ minds…

Reactions: 1911Shootist
My club is having this same arguement, I like the banquet table idea that you open one set of legs fully and lock in place, other you open at 30°-45° tho not sure that has any structural purpose. Other I saw (and snapped a screen shot) is basically a wooden box I would assume supported underneath with cross framing on a strong/sturdy sawhouse (some at Home Depot rated 700lbs)

I’m gonna build the pictured and get a few friends to stand on it with me (no guns) to test,

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpeg
    IMG_5449.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 56
My club is having this same arguement, I like the banquet table idea that you open one set of legs fully and lock in place, other you open at 30°-45° tho not sure that has any structural purpose. Other I saw (and snapped a screen shot) is basically a wooden box I would assume supported underneath with cross framing on a strong/sturdy sawhouse (some at Home Depot rated 700lbs)

I’m gonna build the pictured and get a few friends to stand on it with me (no guns) to test,
this looks like a great option, utilizing the saw horse and being simple, compact and cheap to make.

Compact is the key for us. Like a lot of ranges we share our space with other groups within the club we we have to store everything. Drag it out/put it up/drag it back in.

@USMC22
Our conX box is a short truck ride or a long walk depending on y’all’s setup maybe look at installing utility tires underneath (like for a dolly) and it would roll move Ans 1 person can employ it

@USMC22
Our conX box is a short truck ride or a long walk depending on y’all’s setup maybe look at installing utility tires underneath (like for a dolly) and it would roll move Ans 1 person can employ it
At 1:28 you can see how I have some Harbor Freight sourced solid tires on the rooftop I put together a couple years ago.

Granted, this rooftop is just staying within the confines of the rimfire area of my range so it's not even 30 yards from one end of the line to another.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw one where the rooftop basically had a bar that would go through the front side of the rooftop which then hooked up to the 'stand'. Terrible description, I know. I'm probably going to make something like this because it will allow for varying angles as desired.