• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NTRP PR 1 & 2

dmdakota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
Dallas Tx
Let me start off by saying that Jay is a wonderful instructor. He has a passion for the sport that I have never seen before. I went into the course thinking I would be fine tuning my already awesome shooting skills... Wrong. In just the first 20 minutes Jay had already found flaws in my form and with a few suggested corrections I made vast improvements. Jay makes everything very streamlined and easy to understand.
We started by confirming our dope out to 1000 yards. Even without a spotting scope Jay knew when I missed a target. He could call my misses based on my trigger discipline, but he wanted me to understand what I was doing. When I missed, he would look at me and ask, "what did you do wrong".
After working on trigger control and confirming dope we worked on barricade shooting. The range offers a variety of challenging obstacles to engage targets from. I believe after Jay's training I can view an obstacle and make a good decision on the best shooting position.
Positional shooting was next, it kicked my ass. Jay was very patient. When I was having trouble with a position I never felt rushed to take the shot and Jay never showed any frustration. Although positional shooting has always been my least favorite, I feel like I have made vast improvements in this area as well.
The night fire was the most fun I have ever had behind a rifle. With the target illuminated, Jay had us build our shooting position with natural point of aim, cross hairs on target, then he turned the lights off. When he turned the lights back on 60 seconds later, to my astonishment, I was still on target; after the lights were shut off again I made the shot, in the dark! I am positive I could not have accomplished this shot without his training.
Jay challenged me at every turn and improved my abilities well above what I thought I was capable of. I am a thousand times more confident behind the rifle now than I was before training with Jay. I truly believe his love for the sport and the fact that he really does want you to excel, make him the best at what he does.
If you have any desire for formal training do not hesitate to contact Jay, there is no way you will regret the decision to learn from him.

Team NTRP Shooter 69

Re: NTRP PR 1 & 2

Yep, he goes crazy when the lights go out!!! Glad you had a good time - the training is awesome.